Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Finley "Looks Bad"
(06-05-2019, 07:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And the inverse is true for the sunshine guys in these parts.  That's deductive fandom, for ya!

Great, so let's hold both groups equally accountable for it.

...are we *really* talking about cutting a rookie during OTAs? Really?
Reply/Quote
There's no need to Panic at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 09:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Great, so let's hold both groups equally accountable for it.

...are we *really* talking about cutting a rookie during OTAs? Really?

I'm not. This isn't exactly good to hear. Of course it's early, but to hear that he looks awful isn't the best news. Then again, I remember similar reports about McCarron and he turned out alright. It'd be silly to cut him now, but if he looks terrible through TC and pre-season? I wouldn't waste a spot on the 53 for him then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We had Drew Lock fall into our lap in the 2nd only to give him away. Soon we will all be able to see how that deal works out.
I view it rather easy:

Drew Lock
Vs
Drew Sample and Ryan Finley

Now let us watch who has the better careers.......
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:20 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: We had Drew Lock fall into our lap in the 2nd only to give him away. Soon we will all be able to see how that deal works out.
I view it rather easy:

Drew Lock
Vs

Our goal was to add a Drew and we did. Keep your eye on the prize!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 02:21 PM)Shady Wrote: Looking for a bright side and found one, just not bright for Finely.

LINK

The Dolegala train will be at full speed this pre season. I hope he gets some playing time. Curious to see how he does more than Finley.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 01:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/51523/ryan-finley

The Athletic's Paul Dehner reports fourth-round rookie QB Ryan Finley "looks bad" at Bengals practices.

"There’s just no way around it," Dehner writes. "It’s still early, but not so early that we can’t begin to wonder what the hell is going on." Finley was believed to be a reach when the Bengals took him at No. 104 overall, and his play thus far hasn't alleviated those concerns. Finley is probably safe to make the roster barring a preseason blowup, but he might not pass Jeff Driskel.

Good God. If he can't pass Driskel then why would we keep him on the roster?

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:20 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: We had Drew Lock fall into our lap in the 2nd only to give him away. Soon we will all be able to see how that deal works out.
I view it rather easy:

Drew Lock
Vs

That's an interesting look at it.

Reply/Quote
I'll wait to see for myself in preseason games. The kid is still learning the playbook like most players. I remember many thought Peyton Manning looked bad early in his career. Let him play and see what happens.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 07:50 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Oh my god no! He should probably just be kicked out of the league right now. We all know that being a rookie and not looking great when real practices have not even started and you are wearing a helmet and shorts is a sign that your career for all purposes is over. We might as well just go ahead and cut him. No use in dragging this out.

This seems excessive. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 03:44 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I take it Jake Dolegala has zero shot of making the roster?  I thought that kid was looking decent.

never know with the new coaching staff....   
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Good God. If he can't pass Driskel then why would we keep him on the roster?

might not doesn't mean wont....  its early.

And also we need more than 2 QBs for Training camp.
Reply/Quote
There shouldn't be a concern with Finley right now. If he's still struggling into the preseason games, maybe pick up a veteran like Sanchez or McCown.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Isnt he playing with the third string? I bet that doesnt help along with the obvious of being a rookie.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 02:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Isnt he playing with the third string? I bet that doesnt help along with the obvious of being a rookie.

I'm not even sure that is really any excuse.  Even the lowest roster hanger-ons were considered to be outstanding football players at the collegiate level.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There shouldn't be a concern with Finley right now. If he's still struggling into the preseason games, maybe pick up a veteran like Sanchez or McCown.

We'd pick up a crappy vet with some connection to ZT.  Matt Moore?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 02:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We'd pick up a crappy vet with some connection to ZT.  Matt Moore?

Matt Moore retired.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There shouldn't be a concern with Finley right now. If he's still struggling into the preseason games, maybe pick up a veteran like Sanchez or McCown.

Right, there's no need in jumping off a cliff right now. Like you say if he's still struggling in August perhaps start looking elsewhere ? I'm sure there will be plenty of QB's available as backup's.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 03:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right, there's no need in jumping off a cliff right now. Like you say if he's still struggling in August perhaps start looking elsewhere ? I'm sure there will be plenty of QB's available as backup's.

if finley doesn't make it we still have driskel.

And apparently the other rookie in camp has looked stellar.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 09:09 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This seems excessive. 

Apparently you did not pick up on the complete sarcasm that the post was dripping with.
Reply/Quote