Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Finley Observations
Right here, right now: Ryan Finley needs to be Andy Dalton’s backup. I saw enough last night, even playing against the bottom of the Chiefs’ depth chart, to warrant promoting Finley to #2.

Now just to make sure Finley is the real deal, I hope Zac Taylor allows him to play with the first team offense at least one series in the next preseason game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ryan Finley is the prototypical NFL backup. You need guys like this on your team. He is good enough to scap together some games when needed, but not quite good enough to lead a team himself.

I think we have found our backup for the next few years.
Reply/Quote
Finley gets it over Driskell for the simple reason that Finley has at least a little touch on his passes - Driskell has none.
Reply/Quote
Driskell is definitely out, but I need to see Dolelaga first before I commit to our back up QB.
Reply/Quote
He's a gamer, even as a rookie. Pencil him in as the #2 QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Right here, right now: Ryan Finley needs to be Andy Dalton’s backup.  I saw enough last night, even playing against the bottom of the Chiefs’ depth chart, to warrant promoting Finley to #2.

Now just to make sure Finley is the real deal, I hope Zac Taylor allows him to play with the first team offense at least one series in the next preseason game.

Good to hear Finley is improving and looking better than Driskel.

Yes, give Dalton the first series than Finley the second with the first team Offense.

Spent a pick on the guy, time to see it through.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Driskell is definitely out, but I need to see Dolelaga first before I commit to our back up QB.

This. Although the job would still be Finley's to lose. It'll be nice to see Dolelaga this preseason.

Finley's earned 2nd team reps. And seems like a gamer. So you can trust them to understand the moment if ever counted on to play.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
My initial impression: It seems Finley is analytical and cerebral as some QB are but may lack the passion to lead. He is a prototypical back-up QB that can keep the team in the game if he is surrounded with enough protection and talent.

I was pleasantly surprised how accurate he was and his pocket awareness seemed second nature. Need to see more though.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I think Finley showed some good things last night.
Driskel was terrible though, there is no way we can pick Driskel over Finlay as No:2
I also don't think we would waste a 4th round Pick by cutting Finlay or putting him in the PS
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Right here, right now: Ryan Finley needs to be Andy Dalton’s backup.  

I thought that as soon as we drafted him. 

Driskel is supposed to be a great athlete. If he started playing special teams and made plays as a gadget QB like the guy in New Orleans I could see maybe keeping him and having Finley inactive unless Dalton misses time. But if we only keep 2 QBs then it is hands down Finley. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 05:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought that as soon as we drafted him. 

Driskel is supposed to be a great athlete. If he started playing special teams and made plays as a gadget QB like the guy in New Orleans I could see maybe keeping him and having Finley inactive unless Dalton misses time. But if we only keep 2 QBs then it is hands down Finley. 
I wouldn't mind keeping Driskel as an emergency 3rd QB if he could play somewhere else but Finley definitely should be the backup ar this point.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I’m anxious to see Dolegala play in a preseason game before I place a vote for #2 quarterback.I really like what little I’ve seen so far from Dolegala.
Reply/Quote
It’s a unanimous decision on the board unless Finley throws some interceptions in the next couple of weeks and then the fickle, unanimous decision will be the other way. It’s funny how that works. I don’t get why fans wouldn’t have patience and watch all 4 preseason games and take longer time to evaluate them. It’s just funny because so many people seem to change their minds week to week.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Right here, right now: Ryan Finley needs to be Andy Dalton’s backup.  I saw enough last night, even playing against the bottom of the Chiefs’ depth chart, to warrant promoting Finley to #2.

He doesn't need to get 1st team reps necessarily, but he should be the 1st guy off the bench in the next 2 games. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 07:00 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I’m anxious to see Dolegala play in a preseason game before I place a vote for #2 quarterback.I really like what little I’ve seen so far from Dolegala.

Why is there so much hype for this Dolegalagagalaxiandigdug guy?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why is there so much hype for this Dolegalagagalaxiandigdug guy?

We are probably a few weeks away from him replacing Dalton threads...lol

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: We are probably a few weeks away from him replacing Dalton threads...lol

lol

I did check a little tape on him. He's a big guy, looks to have good footwork and he has a strong arm. I guess we'll see how his game translates to the NFL pretty soon. 

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol

I did check a little tape on him. He's a big guy, looks to have good footwork and he has a strong arm. I guess we'll see how his game translates to the NFL pretty soon. 

I had to. Sorry.

Hopefully we can keep him to the PS. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why is there so much hype for this Dolegalagagalaxiandigdug guy?

Well, he's straight outta the 80s and that's the last decade where we were really good!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, he's straight outta the 80s and that's the last decade where we were really good!

Sweet! That's definitely my favorite decade!

Reply/Quote