Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Finley Observations
(08-11-2019, 07:04 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It’s a unanimous decision on the board unless Finley throws some interceptions in the next couple of weeks and then the fickle, unanimous decision will be the other way. It’s funny how that works. I don’t get why fans wouldn’t have patience and watch all 4 preseason games and take longer time to evaluate them. It’s just funny because so many people seem to change their minds week to week.

As good as he was, he threw a terrible ball in the RZ that should have been picked.

And I don’t think there’s any changing our minds on Driskel at this point. We’ve seen a large enough sample. He’s awful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Weren't y'all ready to cut him a week ago? Lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 11:30 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Weren't y'all ready to cut him a week ago? Lol.

Tbf it sounded like he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn most of camp. Maybe he’s just a gamer though. Playing against the 3s and 4s on a suspect KC defense probably helped too.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf it sounded like he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn most of camp. Maybe he’s just a gamer though. Playing against the 3s and 4s on a suspect KC defense probably helped too.

I hear ya and all but still, talking about cutting a rookie (not saying it was you, but there were plenty of people who were legit throwing that out there) this early was still pretty silly.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 07:04 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It’s a unanimous decision on the board unless Finley throws some interceptions in the next couple of weeks and then the fickle, unanimous decision will be the other way. It’s funny how that works. I don’t get why fans wouldn’t have patience and watch all 4 preseason games and take longer time to evaluate them. It’s just funny because so many people seem to change their minds week to week.

I'm happy to see it play out.  I hope we'll see Finley for the balance of the first half with Driskel in the third followed by Dolegala late in this next game.   If Finley/Driskel plays out like it did Saturday Finley becomes #2 and at that point you really want to see what Dolegala can do.    I'm assuming that Driskel has burned his Practice Squad eligibility so unless he can hang onto the #2 spot he's probably on the street.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 11:56 PM)Roland Wrote: I'm happy to see it play out.  I hope we'll see Finley for the balance of the first half with Driskel in the third followed by Dolegala late in this next game.   If Finley/Driskel plays out like it did Saturday Finley becomes #2 and at that point you really want to see what Dolegala can do.    I'm assuming that Driskel has burned his Practice Squad eligibility so unless he can hang onto the #2 spot he's probably on the street.

I really don't think we're going to see Dolegala any time before the Colts game. He's not getting much (if any) work in live drills at training camp, but people seem to have fallen for the guy.

Even if the Bengals do like him and see something in him... if you're going to put him on the practice squad, might as well make sure there's not a ton of positive film of him out there.

I think there's zero chance he makes the actual team.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 11:56 PM)Roland Wrote: I'm happy to see it play out.  I hope we'll see Finley for the balance of the first half with Driskel in the third followed by Dolegala late in this next game.   If Finley/Driskel plays out like it did Saturday Finley becomes #2 and at that point you really want to see what Dolegala can do.    I'm assuming that Driskel has burned his Practice Squad eligibility so unless he can hang onto the #2 spot he's probably on the street.
Driskell got bulk of reps in practice over the rookies and he stunk it up in the game and was showed up by the rookie. We do not need to see anymore of Driskell this preseason. Driskell could take every snap the rest of the way in preseason and you would find out he is a QB that can run good but has a bad arm which is exactly what we all know now.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 04:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My initial impression: It seems Finley is analytical and cerebral as some QB are but may lack the passion to lead. He is a prototypical back-up QB that can keep the team in the game if he is surrounded with enough protection and talent.

I was pleasantly surprised how accurate he was and his pocket awareness seemed second nature. Need to see more though.

Your absolutely right! Oh wait, thought you said Dalton. My bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 12:07 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I really don't think we're going to see Dolegala any time before the Colts game. He's not getting much (if any) work in live drills at training camp, but people seem to have fallen for the guy.

Even if the Bengals do like him and see something in him... if you're going to put him on the practice squad, might as well make sure there's not a ton of positive film of him out there.

That's what I was saying last night. I want to see him play but it's probably best that we just sneak him on the ps with as little film as possible. This is of course if he's as great as some say. Yet I'm sure teams know about him. Is Driskel eligible for the ps?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf it sounded like he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn most of camp. Maybe he’s just a gamer though. Playing against the 3s and 4s on a suspect KC defense probably helped too.

There hadn't been a "most of camp" by the time people were talking about him. They'd heard he wasn't impressive at OTAs, and then he wasnt looking good the first week of camp. Not even on a daily basis anymore. He had a couple of rough practices, and we were done with him... Lord have mercy!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
From the sounds of it, Dolegala is destined for the PS regardless of performance. I'm hoping Finley can put things together to show he can be a competent backup so it can open up a roster spot. There's no way the team cuts Finley, so we'll carry 3 QBs if he doesn't perform well.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As good as he was, he threw a terrible ball in the RZ that should have been picked.

And I don’t think there’s any changing our minds on Driskel at this point. We’ve seen a large enough sample. He’s awful.

If there's one thing uniting Dalton haters and Dalton defenders, it's that Driskel sucks and Finley should be the backup. 

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 02:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If there's one thing uniting Dalton haters and Dalton defenders, it's that Driskel sucks and Finley should be the backup. 

Smirk

I'll drink to that  Drunk

If it's not painfully obvious to everyone that Driskel is not backup QB material ? In fact I wish they'd go ahead and cut him so we could see more of Finley and Dolegala or however you spell it ? See if either one of them is a #2 or do we need to be watching the waiver wire ?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 01:18 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: From the sounds of it, Dolegala is destined for the PS regardless of performance. I'm hoping Finley can put things together to show he can be a competent backup so it can open up a roster spot. There's no way the team cuts Finley, so we'll carry 3 QBs if he doesn't perform well.

Doleladygaga isn't going to make any kind of impact this year. He has the "tools" for possible development but, even though he supposedly didn't have many weapons, he didn't really light it up in college. I'm sure NFL teams love his size and arm and he looks to have good footwork, but he's a prototypical PS guy that they will want to try and develop. 

He would have to be a once-in-a-lifetime player to develop that quick and make an immediate impact and we all know, the Bengals just don't get that lucky.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dolelaga is our Brady, waiting for his chance. Hopefully the squeelers dont take him from our practice squad. their QB is on his last years.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 02:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If there's one thing uniting Dalton haters and Dalton defenders, it's that Driskel sucks and Finley should be the backup. 

Smirk

I don’t hate Dalton. My feelings on him lie somewhere in the middle. Just like him. Wink

Reply/Quote
He’s definitely a perfect back up QB. He’s not gonna push Andy for his job and i don’t think he’ll ever be a starter unless he gets more zip on his throws but he’s not the answer to our future i still think we’ll end up with a new QB if not next year then the following year or we’ll end up giving Andy the Marvin treatment and extend him again. Actually what am i saying? We’re winning the super bowl this year no matter what so i won’t blame them for extending his contract after Andy has an MVP year, throws 60 TDs, and brings us the Lombardi.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Still not big on Finley but I will say that he was better than I expected vs the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 12:07 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I really don't think we're going to see Dolegala any time before the Colts game. He's not getting much (if any) work in live drills at training camp, but people seem to have fallen for the guy.

This
Reply/Quote