Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Finley gets second chance to find that "Steeler Magic"
(12-22-2020, 09:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: In all seriousness, this will give Finley a much needed boost in confidence. He's pretty much stunk up the field every time he walked on it. Until last night. Mentally this has to be huge for him.

And for the team as a whole. Now everyone in the locker room saw "all you have to do is bring it (as a team)" and good things will happen. Finley kept squinting through the whole game. Did he lose his contacts or something? Or did the blurred vision prevent him from panicking when the Steelers were coming at him?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hmmm well time to start writing Finleys song

We shall title this song "Smiley, the noodle armed boy"   Ninja 

Because, every time he screws up he looks like he has a smile on his face!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: In all seriousness, this will give Finley a much needed boost in confidence. He's pretty much stunk up the field every time he walked on it. Until last night. Mentally this has to be huge for him.

with the way he can run we can bring back the wild cat formation
Reply/Quote
12/21/2020 shall be the date that Sir Ryan is no longer to be referred to as "Thinly", the Thin Man, Sucky Ryan or Finster. He shall from this date forward be known as Sir Ryan, the Steeler Slayer. Hilarious

Can't you just see the QB room next year, with Joey B getting ready to play the Stealers, and Sir Ryan telling him "This one time, on Monday Night Football....." Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Fred, you get a lot of flak. But i've always loved and admired you from afar.

Oh, Fred. You're the wind under my sails.

From this day forward, you are the soothsayer. And Ryan Finely is my knight in shining armor, defending me from the creepy Big Ben monster. His smile raidiating the night sky and his legs and trickery defeating the evil Watt clan.
Reply/Quote
There is a youtube podcast called Pick6 and a Steelers fan bet Ryan Finley's cousin that if they lost he would get a Finley Tattoo. It's hilarious to watch.
Reply/Quote
Finley took some shots to the body and just got
Right back up. Williamson should have been flagged
For that blow to.his chin on that clutch throw to AJ
To keep the sticks moving.
That throw to AJ was beautiful between safety and cb.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We shall title this song "Smiley, the noodle armed boy"   Ninja 

Because, every time he screws up he looks like he has a smile on his face!

well hes no matt scott...   But i think we can figure something out
Reply/Quote
I gotta say, the kid's got heart. He took a SHOT last night, then proceeded to run the damn ball AT them. He still didn't look that good throwing the ball, but the pocket presence got better as the game wore on, and he showed a lot of grit. Good for him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 07:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I foresee 2 fumbles and a pick. Dude is in for a rough day.
Omg... Nailed it!
Reply/Quote
Ryan Finley is the worst QB I have seen start a game in the NFL this season

He is absolute trash - last night changes nothing

Forget the Bengals had to have him in the 4th, (I think they even moved up to get him)

He has no business backing up Burrow next year. He wouldnt even start for half of the teams in the SEC today. He is miserable
Reply/Quote
His constant smiling made me think I was watching Gary Busey acting as a quarterback. it was alarming, as they appear to have the same arm strength.
Reply/Quote
Finley isn't going to light the world on fire. But you gotta admire the fact that he just kept going after it, no fear and kept charging. But he makes me glad we've got Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:46 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I gotta say, the kid's got heart. He took a SHOT last night, then proceeded to run the damn ball AT them. He still didn't look that good throwing the ball, but the pocket presence got better as the game wore on, and he showed a lot of grit. Good for him.

This pains me to write but Zac Taylor called a good game last night. The Steelers had approximately zero starting linebackers on the field so Zac called lots of read option plays to take advantage of this. Ryan Finley can’t throw very well but he can run a little. Zac dialed up 41 run plays vice only 13 pass attempts.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This pains me to write but Zac Taylor called a good game last night.  The Steelers had approximately zero starting linebackers on the field so Zac called lots of read option plays to take advantage of this.  Ryan Finley can’t throw very well but he can run a little.  Zac dialed up 41 run plays vice only 13 pass attempts.

Agreed, even Tomlin acknowledged it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I mean, he threw for 78 yards. Seemed to be having fun though.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This pains me to write but Zac Taylor called a good game last night.  The Steelers had approximately zero starting linebackers on the field so Zac called lots of read option plays to take advantage of this.  Ryan Finley can’t throw very well but he can run a little.  Zac dialed up 41 run plays vice only 13 pass attempts.

why do we have to be on QB #3 to run the ball?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: why do we have to be on QB #3 to run the ball?

Kinda my thinking there, too.  Was it really a brilliant game plan by Zac to exploit the Steelers' defense, or was it that he knows Finley can't throw so was forced to run and it ended up being exactly what was needed?  Where was establishing the run all year?  Isn't it pretty well-known the effectiveness of PA when you establish a run game and in turn open up the field?  
Reply/Quote