Poll: Would you trade Andy for draft picks and start Finley?
This poll is closed.
Yes
78.05%
32 78.05%
No
21.95%
9 21.95%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ryan Finley's pocket awareness
(10-01-2019, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DeShawn Watson has been sacked at a much higher rate (both this year and his career) and has a passer rating of 99.9. Is he included in the "nobody" that could preform well behind this line?

Hell Mariota is getting sacked once every 7 passing attempts and has a passer rating of 106.2. Does he count?

Folks need to just stop with the "nobody can", face reality, and "Andy can't"

It really is one of the most annoying things people parrot ad nauseam on this board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:31 PM)jason Wrote: Watson holds the ball too long. Mariota's numbers are whatever... He sucks.

But they actually MOVE around. Dalton stands in the same spot like a statue.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But they actually MOVE around. Dalton stands in the same spot like a statue.

And that is odd, because in college, he ran an RPO offense at TCU.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But they actually MOVE around. Dalton stands in the same spot like a statue.

Mariota has a career passer rating in the 90s, has had nothing at WR or RB, and average almost 6 YPC when he runs. But yet he's terrible and AAndy is victim of his srroundings. I guess it makes sense to some.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Amazing how Andy's sacks are different. Houston drafted olinemen in the first 2 rounds of last year's draft and gave up a lot for an average LT. Perhaps you guys could let them know the problem is Watson. Last year Wilson was sacked at a higher rate than Andy is currently being sacked this year yet he posted a 110 passer rating. Let me guess...."That's different"

You guys are just making stuff up in the face of facts. To say nobody could succeed behind this oline is just pure BS and an insult to the better QBs in the NFL

The problem isn't Watson. He's a really good QB. He's big, fast, strong and all of that. But the fact remains that he holds the ball too long, and takes sacks that he shouldn't. Andy didn't have a chance last night. He also didn't have DeAndre Hopkins. In fairness; Watson doesn't have Mixon, Gio, or any TE. Watch games instead of spouting off stats.

Watson, Mahomes, Brady, Rogers, Brees would've all gotten crushed last night if they played for the Bengals behind that o line.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But they actually MOVE around. Dalton stands in the same spot like a statue.

If you watched last night's game, and don't see the difference between what happens to Dalton, Mariota, and Watson then I don't know what to tell ya.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:45 PM)jason Wrote: The problem isn't Watson. He's a really good QB. He's big, fast, strong and all of that. But the fact remains that he holds the ball too long, and takes sacks that he shouldn't. Andy didn't have a chance last night. He also didn't have DeAndre Hopkins. In fairness; Watson doesn't have Mixon, Gio, or any TE. Watch games instead of spouting off stats.

Watson, Mahomes, Brady, Rogers, Brees would've all gotten crushed last night if they played for the Bengals behind that o line.

Ah.. the Eyeball test. No facts can counter that.

But I will stand behind my assertion that folks stating no QB in the NFL could succeed behind this line are just "spouting" BS. I arrived to that conclusion by "watching games" and considering statistics.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ah.. the Eyeball test. No facts can counter that.

But I will stand behind my assertion that folks stating no QB in the NFL could succeed behind this line are just "spouting" BS. I arrived to that conclusion by "watching games" and considering statistics.

Alright.

Metrics aren't facts though my man. If you ever watch a Texans game you might understand. I remember you posting preseason stats last year implying that Jeremy Hill was better than Joe Mixon. I usually don't remember such things but it was so blatantly an agenda that it stuck with me. This is the same thing. Andy isn't great, but come the **** on. Put any QB behind that line last night, and watch the same result.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:02 AM)jason Wrote: Alright.

Metrics aren't facts though my man. If you ever watch a Texans game you might understand.

I said stats and if you don't consider stats to be facts; then I'm have nothing more to offer.

But perhaps with more game watching I'll obtain your level of "understanding"

However: My non-understanding self will still stand behind my assertion that stating "nobody" could succeed behind this oline is total BS and insults the better QBs in the NFL

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I said stats and if you don't consider stats to be facts; then I'm have nothing more to offer.

But perhaps with more game watching I'll obtain your level of "understanding"

However: My non-understanding self will still stand behind my assertion that stating "nobody" could succeed behind this oline is total BS and insults the better QBs in the NFL

Wasn't an insult my friend.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The sadist in me hopes that they put Finley in next week. Haskins did pretty good when he was inserted in the game; didn't he? Finley's better than that guy; right?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ah.. the Eyeball test. No facts can counter that.

You are spouting stats from an entire year when I am talking about a single game from last night. You got a stat that says marriota had a 100 qb rating while getting sacked 8 times with the top 5 worst offensive line rating in a game in the last 15 years?? No, you dont, so just stop it. Marriota would have gotten his ass handed to him just like dalton did. 
Reply/Quote
I don't think Miami would want him as they are happy to see how Rosen pans out and they would gladly take a QB with the high pick that would result if he doesn't.

The only teams with coaches that are trying to win now that might want him are Washington, Denver, and Minnesota.

In the case of Denver, they already have Flacco who is underwhelming but he does have great playoff experience that Dalton lacks. Gruden might want him because of familiarity but I could hardly see the impatient Redskin's fanbase going with another former Bengal as Gruden is likely on his way out already.

That leaves Zimmer's Vikings as our most realisitic trade partner. I do believe that Dalton is an upgrade over Cousins and I know their fanbase is overall happy with Zimmer and would likely not mind the change at QB. Truthfully, I would bet that Dalton would love to go to the Vikings as well as that is an offense that he would do well in because he would not be asked to do too much. That team is very similar to our playoff teams in the 2012-2013 era, no doubt due to Zimmer's influence on their playing style.
Reply/Quote
Id argue that Dalton is just as good as Brady now. put Brady here and Dalton there you would see similar stats from both. If we had a Mahomes or Watson we would be better.Why do I say this you ask. Dalton needs a good line to succeed. Mahomes and Watson have athleticism which would buy them more time behind our garbage oline. The problem gets exacerbated by the lack of creative play calling by Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:22 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Id argue that Dalton is just as good as Brady now. put Brady here and Dalton there you would see similar stats from both. If we had a Mahomes or Watson we would be better.Why do I say this you ask. Dalton needs a good line to succeed. Mahomes and Watson have athleticism which would buy them more time behind our garbage oline. The problem gets exacerbated by the lack of creative play calling by Taylor.

So Dalton would be the GOAT and have 6 SB rings in NE? This Brady/Dalton hyperbole stuff is really getting ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So Dalton would be the GOAT and have 6 SB rings in NE? This Brady/Dalton hyperbole stuff is really getting ridiculous.

not saying that i'm saying Dalton is slightly better than 41 year old Tom Brady.. but Dalton would probably have at least 1 SB now had he been coached by Belichek and the Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: By your rationale, no one after the very first QBs to ever play an NFL game should have ever been able to see the field since anyone after them had never seen a starting defense. Your entire premise is fallacy.

Ask the Jags if they give a flying F how many "NFL starting defenses" Minshew had seen.

Hell, how many NFL starting defenses had Dalton seen before his first game against the Browns in 2011? By your "logic" the Bengals should have signed a journeyman QB who had started games before. By your logic, the Bengals should have stuck with Kitna and never played Carson.

I swear, man, some of you guys are thick in the head. I would never ask anyone on here to be smart, but the sentiment quoted above is just stupid.

PS: #teamdolegala

Funny, I asked questions to be answered, you go on a rant about how stupid everyone else is other than you. Can you read or is it poor reading comprehension?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 09:10 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: not saying that i'm saying Dalton is slightly better than 41 year old Tom Brady.. but Dalton would probably have at least 1 SB now had he been coached by Belichek and the Pats

Nonsense. The Pats would not put up with his shortcomings. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:40 PM)jason Wrote: Aw man... Did you see him step up in the pocket during those preseason games though?

You're right. People are goofy. He'd be stepping up right into Tuitt...

At this point I kinda hope they do throw him in to get killed... Just to shut people up.

Seriously. I don't see more then a 3rd or 4th rounder for Red Popgun at this point. ...and I dare to say that scenario only comes from a team that is in playoff run that has the starter Injured. ..otherwise like the post above mentioned, not too many teams that would need a guy like Dalton as they already have their backup waiting in wings or are drafting high. Was anybody chuckling when Booger kept calling him the "Red Rifle"? LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 09:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Funny, I asked questions to be answered, you go on a rant about stupid everyone else is other than you. Can you read or is it poor reading comprehension?

I got the (cutely rhetorical) question and the point you were grossly failing at making with it.  The answers are obviously staring you in the face, yet you obtusely imply the answer is the opposite.

The question was nonsensical and so was the answer you'd already thought you concluded to by asking it. Like you had some sort of smart point or something putting up the ol' "AD's backup never faced a starting D shield". I simply set you straight that your attempted point makes no sense. You NOT arguing the point back just proves that I was right and you've figured out you took a stupid line of thinking. So now you avoid the subject with the ol' "Jeeze, I was just asking an "honest question".

Let's be real here. No you weren't. You love AD and that is that on the subject no matter what he does or doesn't do on the field.
Reply/Quote