Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Finley waived
So the Bengals trade Ryan Finley to the Texans for pick 202. Finley who was going to be released by the Bengals regardless. RB Chris Evans, a player who looks to be replacing Giovanni Bernard, was the pick. 2 months later the Texans sign Jeff Driskoll, the QB the Bengals cut to keep Ryan Finley and Finley gets waived.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 05:19 PM)pally Wrote: So the Bengals trade Ryan Finley to the Texans for pick 202.  Finley who was going to be released by the Bengals regardless.  RB Chris Evans, a player who looks to be replacing Giovanni Bernard, was the pick.  2 months later the Texans sign Jeff Driskoll, the QB the Bengals cut to keep Ryan Finley and Finley gets waived.

cant make it up.... lol
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 05:19 PM)pally Wrote: So the Bengals trade Ryan Finley to the Texans for pick 202.  Finley who was going to be released by the Bengals regardless.  RB Chris Evans, a player who looks to be replacing Giovanni Bernard, was the pick.  2 months later the Texans sign Jeff Driskoll, the QB the Bengals cut to keep Ryan Finley and Finley gets waived.

Well, I guess we aren't the worst FO in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Finleys career is about over. He lacks the arm strength to drive the ball in tight windows . What a wasted pick by ZT
Reply/Quote
[Image: ryan_finley_teeth.0.png]
Reply/Quote
Finely waived? Meh, big deal. Bengals got the better end of the trade, as Chris Evans appears to be one of those dynamic RBs that can be useful in multiple capacities.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 07:01 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Finleys career is about over. He lacks the arm strength to drive the ball in tight windows . What a wasted pick by ZT

true but if Evans turn out to be the real deal.....in a funny way it was a  good pick
Reply/Quote
Still can't believe that an NFL team gave anything for Finley. Even if it wasn't much, getting anything was highway robbery.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 07:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still can't believe that an NFL team gave anything for Finley. Even if it wasn't much, getting anything was highway robbery.

Yep
Reply/Quote
That trade and the win over the Steelers helped make up for drafting such a bad QB in the 4th round.

Finley may be a bad QB, but he'll be remembered for that game alone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 05:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well, I guess we aren't the worst FO in the league.

I wonder how small their organizational chart is...
Reply/Quote
He'll always have the Steelers game. No one can take that away from him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Finely waived?  Meh, big deal.  Bengals got the better end of the trade, as Chris Evans appears to be one of those dynamic RBs that can be useful in multiple capacities.

we say that every year about a RB that ends up on the PS then disappears.
Reply/Quote
Houston Texans summed up in a gif:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 11:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That trade and the win over the Steelers helped make up for drafting such a bad QB in the 4th round.

Finley may be a bad QB, but he'll be remembered for that game alone.

Yeah.  That's funny, but that was the best highlight of last year.
Reply/Quote