Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF top O-linemen
You know I am not a big fan of PFF's individual player rating but I'll post this here for discussion.

Jonah Williams #24 OT.

Trey Hopkins #17 OC.

No Bengal ranked in top 32 OGs.
Reply/Quote
Interesting to see Alijah Vera-Tucker ranked 30th at guard without a single NFL snap and Sewell at 31.

Those who were wanting Creed Humphrey, he is 16th at Center.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 01:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Interesting to see Alijah Vera-Tucker ranked 30th at guard without a single NFL snap and Sewell at 31.

Those who were wanting Creed Humphrey, he is 16th at Center.

Did Carman make the rankings?
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 02:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Did Carman make the rankings?

Nope. The only Bengals OL ranked are Jonah at T and Hopkins at C.

No Spain, Carman or XSF.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It's worth pointing out that these are subjective rankings based on where they think the players will rank by the end of the year. It's not necessarily ordering based on what their 2020 rating was.
For example, Andrew Whitworth was PFF's 6th highest rated OT in 2020, but he's only projected to be 15th best when all is said and done at the end of 2021 season.

They aren't too high on rookies, as they have Sewell just barely making the OT list at 31. AVT is the only rookie guard to make their list, at 30. There are multiple rookie centers on the C list, but only because there is an expectation of just one per team.

I think where they have Bengals OL is about where they should be.
I'd consider Jonah probably a Top 15 LT when on the field, which would put him around 25th when factoring in RTs too.
Hopkins is a middle-of-the-pack C because he's strong as a pass blocker but weak as a run blocker.
Carman, who I like, will probably have some growing pains this season, and probably will be in the 60's if I were to project his PFF score. That's considered a decent starter rating, and it would be better than any of the OGs they had on the field last year.
I do think XSF wins the LG job over Spain because he's a better pass blocker and fits the scheme more, but I also think he'll be just in the 60's.
I think Jonah and Reiff will be in the 70's, with Jonah probably being the higher of the two.
I think Hopkins will be in the upper 60's.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote