Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ryan Fitzpatrick
I think the Bengals should sign him and let him start the rest of the season. Maybe he can bring some magic here to Cincinnati and Lord knows we need it. What do we have to lose as Finley is not going to get the job done?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
He is still a Dolphin.
Reply/Quote
Yes he is still a Dolphin but Tua basically is their starter now. Fitz used to play in Cincy. I say bring him back with a trade or pick.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(facepalm)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:32 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Yes he is still a Dolphin but Tua basically is their starter now. Fitz used to play in Cincy. I say bring him back with a trade or pick.

Tua was just benched yesterday mid-game. Fitzpatrick replaced him.
You can't trade for players right now, trade deadline has passed.
If you want Fitzpatrick, just sign him in the offseason, as he'll be a FA.
Or you can sign Kaepernick now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:32 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Yes he is still a Dolphin but Tua basically is their starter now. Fitz used to play in Cincy. I say bring him back with a trade or pick.

Why would you spend draft picks in order to go maybe 4-11-1 instead of 2-13-1? You've still got a trash record either way, but you just kicked yourself from #2-#3 to probably #6 in the draft while giving up picks to do so. Trading down is supposed to give you more picks, not less.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

I'm really interested in your understanding of how the NFL works??? 

Let me help you:
1. Trade deadline passed
2. Fitz literally replaced Tua yesterday as they benched Tua

So you think we are just going to storm the beach of Miami like Normandy and say "give us Fitz!?" 
Reply/Quote
If only we could move the trade deadline
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

WhoDey2 Maybe a trade, but not a pick. Can't waste a pick we may need to re-build on a QB who may win some meaningless games and keep Zac Taylor here longer than necessary and push us farther back in draft order?

I know it sucks, but this season is toast...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Only if Fitz brings Bob Bratkowksi back with him.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tua was just benched yesterday mid-game. Fitzpatrick replaced him.
You can't trade for players right now, trade deadline has passed.
If you want Fitzpatrick, just sign him in the offseason, as he'll be a FA.
Or you can sign Kaepernick now.

Tua got pulled because he was sacked 6 times and was limping with a hurt ankle.

Wasn't an actual benching but being cautionary with a minor injury so it isn't a major one.

- - - - - 

Don't let minor details and facts get in the way of a bad thread. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tua got pulled because he was sacked 6 times and was limping with a hurt ankle.

Wasn't an actual benching but being cautionary with a minor injury so it isn't a major one.

- - - - - 

Not according to his coach. Flores said benching was "not injury related." Which i believe because if he was going to lie, he would say it was injury related to avoid pushback on benching a rookie that was 3-0
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tua got pulled because he was sacked 6 times and was limping with a hurt ankle.

- - - - - 

Hmm... all reports and the like indicated it was a benching due to performance.

But I'm not going to die on that hill or fight to protect it lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hmm... all reports and the like indicated it was a benching due to performance.

But I'm not going to die on that hill or fight to protect it lol

Tua got injurebenched, it's a common thing, really.  Ryan Finley is going to play like crap and then get "arm soreness" at some point...injurebenched.
Reply/Quote
Wow
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:52 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Wow

Wow what a silly idea, or wow I can't believe we just traded for Ryan Fitzpatrick?  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Tua got injurebenched, it's a common thing, really.  Ryan Finley is going to play like crap and then get "arm soreness" at some point...injurebenched.

Right

Perfectly healthy QB's have gone to the sidelines clutching wrist to save face. By themselves at coaches "suggestion" 
Reply/Quote
I love the fact that fitz played in Cincinnati for about 5 days 40 years ago before making his way around to playing for every team in the NFL matters to the OP.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

Perfectly healthy QB's have gone to the sidelines clutching wrist to save face. By themselves at coaches "suggestion" 

I was my school's star QB until I tried to misdirect people from my awful play by running to the sidelines screaming about "sudden weiner soreness." 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wow what a silly idea, or wow I can't believe we just traded for Ryan Fitzpatrick?  

Wow as in someone doesn’t know what trade deadline means and that we would trade for Fitzpatrick when this team still needs the best talent available in the draft
Reply/Quote