Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Glasgow
Ryan Glasgow, can someone fill me in on his injury or is he even on the team anymore? Thanks

Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/taylor-checks-out-his-first-big-week

"While guys like wide receiver A.J. Green (toe), tight end Tyler Eifert (ankle), right guard Alex Redmond (shoulder), pass rusher Carl Lawson (ACL) and defensive tackle Ryan Glasgow (ACL) figure to make their on-field debuts at some point later in the spring, they’re still finishing rehab in the wake of surgery."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
With an ACL, he'll likely play at points next year...but it usually takes a full year to be 100%.

Glasgow looked great early in the year last season too. He is our 2nd best DT.
Reply/Quote
He was placed on IR last season, in week 4 I think, after tearing his ACL in the previous game. He should be ready for training camp. We haven't talked a lot about him but he was showing improvement in each game before he got hurt. He'll be 10 months out from the injury when training camp starts

However, Atkins and Billings are still the starters at DT. Josh Tupou is the other veteran DT. He tore his pectoral in November ending up on IR also last year. Andrew Brown was on the PS last year.

If I had to guess, the DTs will be Atkins, Billings, Glasgow, with Tupou and Brown fighting it out for the last position. I had Wren penciled in for PS. He's not ready quite yet.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, he had an ACL tear but he was playing very well before the injury. I love Billings for the future but as of right now Glasgow has been more solid his first two years. Hoping Glasgow comes back strong, think we have a solid DT corps. Loved the Wren pick but he will take time to develop. Wren does have that first step and crazy athleticism you cannot teach though, we will see, should be interesting.

Ringo played well from what lots were saying once we were out of the Playoffs and i couldn't watch.

Just happy Billings got much better as the year went on and started looking something like i thought he would. These damn injuries set guys back, hope it doesn't do the same to Glasgow.
Reply/Quote
Is it fair to expect an off year for him this year and then back to playing to full strength the following year?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 02:31 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Is it fair to expect an off year for him this year and then back to playing to full strength the following year?

Seeing what happened to Geno after his ACL tear it is very fair. Never know how different players respond to this injury though, Gio came back in great condition after his tear...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seeing what happened to Geno after his ACL tear it is very fair. Never know how different players respond to this injury though, Gio came back in great condition after his tear...

It just makes since to take longer when your position is a consistent push battle.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 03:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It just makes since to take longer when your position is a consistent push battle.

True. Have to be able to really drive those legs in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With an ACL, he'll likely play at points next year...but it usually takes a full year to be 100%.

I can see him starting on IR for the 6 to 8 weeks to give him more time to heal. He was hurt a lot earlier in the year than Atkins, but Atkins came back by game one following year, but did not have a great year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 03:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can see him starting on IR for the 6 to 8 weeks to give him more time to heal. He was hurt a lot earlier in the year than Atkins, but Atkins came back by game one following year, but did not have a great year.

Or the PUP list if not ready for spring ball.

Hope he gets healthy...  Bigger the man the harder the knee injuries are to overcome I think.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 04:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Or the PUP list if not ready for spring ball.

Hope he gets healthy...  Bigger the man the harder the knee injuries are to overcome I think.

Also PUP if they are trying to hang on to a young DT like Brown or Wren. Then have him as a possible mid season injury replacement or release somebody at that time.
Reply/Quote
I like what Adolphus Washington gave us in limited snaps last year. Apparently, the team did not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:45 PM)pally Wrote:  I had Wren penciled in for PS.  He's not ready quite yet.

He is physically elite.  Apparently hius problem is motovation.  If he is not ready as a rookie I don't see him getting ready.
Reply/Quote
I appreciate the info. I hope he comes back full go. He has a great motor!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ringo played well from what lots were saying once we were out of the Playoffs and i couldn't watch.

Yes, Ringo showed very well.  If he carries that momentum into camp with him, it will make the DT situation very interesting.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 09:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is physically elite.  Apparently hius problem is motovation.  If he is not ready as a rookie I don't see him getting ready.

WTF? He's never had a motivation problem.

Where to people get this crap from?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With an ACL, he'll likely play at points next year...but it usually takes a full year to be 100%.

Glasgow will almost have a full year of recovery I expect him to be ready by training camp.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:45 PM)pally Wrote: He was placed on IR last season, in week 4 I think, after tearing his ACL in the previous game.  He should be ready for training camp.   We haven't talked a lot about him but he was showing improvement in each game before he got hurt.  He'll be 10 months out from the injury when training camp starts

However, Atkins and Billings are still the starters at DT.  Josh Tupou is the other veteran DT. He tore his pectoral in November ending up on IR also last year.  Andrew Brown was on the PS last year.

If I had to guess, the DTs will be Atkins, Billings, Glasgow, with Tupou and Brown fighting it out for the last position.  I had Wren penciled in for PS.  He's not ready quite yet.
Ringo probably has a say in it as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Glasgow is a key player to our D being better IMO. We need him healthy. If he and Billings to take a big step forward we are in business.

I hope Glasgow is able to play a healthy 50%+ of our available DT snaps.
Reply/Quote