Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Glasgow
Odd..the more hype Hobson gives Wren the less I like the guy. That's not to say he's 100% wrong all the time, but he's not right too often either.
Cone drills and short shuttles don't win games, but reading the hype of these things you would think there's no such thing as a combine miss.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2019, 12:29 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Wren has potential but we need to watch the hype on him. Watching his tape he gets locked out by the linemen and comes out of his stance standing straight up. He never seems to work a gap just bulls straight into the lineman with no leverage from being to upright. Then the lineman just locks on and drives him out of the play. Also seems to give up on the play early. He has potential due to size but he is going to need a lot of coaching.

I think they are going to try to develop Wren to be a Peko.  Clog up run lanes, occupy blockers, and get off the field on passing downs.  If they can get that out of him and push Billings at the same time, it will be a huge win in the round selected.  
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think they are going to try to develop Wren to be a Peko.  Clog up run lanes, occupy blockers, and get off the field on passing downs.  If they can get that out of him and push Billings at the same time, it will be a huge win in the round selected.  

Sounds legit to me.

Hope they can do it!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think they are going to try to develop Wren to be a Peko. 

One of the most underrated bengals ever.  Key cog in several top 10 defenses.

In the 8 years from '07 to '14 peko finished in the top 10 in tackles by an interior defensive lineman 6 times.  Twice ('08, '11) as high as 2nd in the league when he was 4th among all D-linemen.

Some people act like it is easy to rack up tackle numbers, but if you look at the league eladers they are usually among the best players.  Shedding blockers and getting to the ball carrier is a valuable skill.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One of the most underrated bengals ever.  Key cog in several top 10 defenses.

In the 8 years from '07 to '14 peko finished in the top 10 in tackles by an interior defensive lineman 6 times.  Twice ('08, '11) as high as 2nd in the league when he was 4th among all D-linemen.

Some people act like it is easy to rack up tackle numbers, but if you look at the league eladers they are usually among the best players.  Shedding blockers and getting to the ball carrier is a valuable skill.

It's funny when Peko and Rey Mauluga left the Bengals run defense went to hell.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One of the most underrated bengals ever.  Key cog in several top 10 defenses.

And Peko didn't rack up a lot of stats like sacks, so he was not appreciated here.  The hole he left has still not been filled.  Billings shows flashes and Glasgow was trending nicely, but Peko was a huge part of some of those strong defenses during the playoff run.  
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:45 PM)pally Wrote:   I had Wren penciled in for PS.  He's not ready quite yet.

No way we put him on PS and let some other team steal him. While the coaches have to unlock it, he has elite potential.
Reply/Quote

Also a solid locker-room guy who was a leader. Although for the life of me, I have no idea what he was thinking in the playoff game against the Steelers when he ran on to the field from the sideline to confront Fitzgerald Toussaint. 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 08:44 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Also a solid locker-room guy who was a leader. Although for the life of me, I have no idea what he was thinking in the playoff game against the Steelers when he ran on to the field from the sideline to confront Fitzgerald Toussaint. 

Where he was on the field was not a problem, the problem was he was still wearing a cape. He said he forgot he had it on....
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like what Adolphus Washington gave us in limited snaps last year. Apparently, the team did not.

I agree with you.   Don't know why they decided to cut him.
Reply/Quote