Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Hewitt
Is it just me or is this guy hardly on the field? He just signed an extension over the off-season so he could count his toes on the sidelines?
Reply/Quote
Must be the new scheme, after seeing lots of playing time in years past he hasn't seen many opportunities this season....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Hewitts snap count has been cut in half.

Last year he played 35.5% of the offensive snaps. This year it is 18%.
Reply/Quote
corpjet Wrote:Must be the new scheme, after seeing lots of playing time in years past he hasn't seen many opportunities this season....

If this is the way it's going to be, I hope he can go elsewhere next season so he can at least play. He's too good of a football player to be left sitting around. I'd hate to see the Bengals ruin his career by their criminal mis-use of the players who can help them most.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps Hewitt will get more of a chance now with AJ and Gio hurt... hell, he better.

We better come out run heavy with Hewitt as FB. The only way to salvage anything this season is to run the ball and force the O-line to learn how to do their damn job. It could end ugly... but it's probably the best way to keep Dalton upright heading into next season.
Reply/Quote
re-signing of Hewitt makes is hard to understand when compared to his snap count.

Do we ever run the I formation ? This was the formation which was most successful for Hill in his rookie year but it appears it has been abandoned.

I am just a 49 year fan and an idiot in the eyes of Marvin but I do not understand what and why this teams makes most of the decisions we see during a game. Makes no sense and results in an offense that is so predictable.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:40 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Do we ever run the I formation ? This was the formation which was most successful for Hill in his rookie year but it appears it has been abandoned.

I am just a 49 year fan and an idiot in the eyes of Marvin but I do not understand what and why this teams makes most of the decisions we see during a game. Makes no sense and results in an offense that is so predictable.

The I-formation was not the most successful for Hill his rookie year.  He only gained 355 yards and averaged 5.3 per carry from the I-formation.  As the lone setback he gained 495 and averaged 5.5 per carry.

Maybe this explains why you don't understand some of Marvin's decisions.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The I-formation was not the most successful for Hill his rookie year.  He only gained 355 yards and averaged 5.3 per carry from the I-formation.  As the lone setback he gained 495 and averaged 5.5 per carry.

Maybe this explains why you don't understand some of Marvin's decisions.

Where do you find these stats on Hill?

I'm curious to know how his stats were running right vs running left over his career.

I feel like he has had more success on the right side, and some of that success disappeared with the loss of Andre Smith.... but I don't have any facts to back that up.
Reply/Quote
Pretty crazy I saw the Raiders throw the ball to their FB the other day.

Zampese told me that was illegal because the other team wouldn't know what you were going to do.
Reply/Quote
He's hardly seen the field all year, even when Eifert was injured.

Maybe he was a guy who would resign at the price offered, so the front office signed him without ever asking the coaches if they were going to use him.

Reply/Quote
I've been amazed at how little Hewitt has been used. We've seen it reported numerous times that the team believes Hewitt is the best FB in the league. We give him a nice extension and suddenly he barely sees the field. Considering how much we love to run the ball, you'd think he'd be out there a little more often.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It bewilders me. He's a swiss army knife with all of his versatility but we can't find a way to utilize him.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Where do you find these stats on Hill?

I'm curious to know how his stats were running right vs running left over his career.

I feel like he has had more success on the right side, and some of that success disappeared with the loss of Andre Smith.... but I don't have any facts to back that up.

ESPN player stas has all sorts of "splits" including which direction the play is run.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 05:31 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It bewilders me. He's a swiss army knife with all of his versatility but we can't find a way to utilize him.
You may be forgetting who the Bengal coaches are. Dumb and Dumber
Reply/Quote