Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Hewitt update??
Pleas share any news and updates for the injured Ryan Hewitt, here.

With the state of the Bengals OL being craptacular at best, he is a player that they can ill afford to lose for any length of time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He may be the most overlooked Bengal of all time. Just does his job and we never hear his name cause he never screws anything up. Just a great ball player and a team player.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately for him, he's played 20 snaps this season. Zampese never figured out a way to use him, and Bill Lazor told us the reason Uzomah was in on certain I-formations vs. GB was because Uzomah didn't telegraph what the team was going to do. Maybe splitting Hewitt out on the play he got injured on was a precursor to him being used more in pass routes to get him more involved? But it'll be awhile before we know for sure.

For what it's worth, he walked out of the locker room on Sunday and he's walking around today with no crutches, etc...but I have a feeling we won't be seeing him for a bit.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
When did he get hurt, was it the shot he took on the outside of his knee?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:23 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Unfortunately for him, he's played 20 snaps this season. Zampese never figured out a way to use him, and Bill Lazor told us the reason Uzomah was in on certain I-formations vs. GB was because Uzomah didn't telegraph what the team was going to do. Maybe splitting Hewitt out on the play he got injured on was a precursor to him being used more in pass routes to get him more involved? But it'll be awhile before we know for sure.

For what it's worth, he walked out of the locker room on Sunday and he's walking around today with no crutches, etc...but I have a feeling we won't be seeing him for a bit.

And there you have it...the single greatest difference between Lazor and Zampese.

Can we now eliminate all predictability and remove Jeremy Hill from anything that is not short yardage or goal line?  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 08:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And there you have it...the single greatest difference between Lazor and Zampese.

Can we now eliminate all predictability and remove Jeremy Hill from anything that is not short yardage or goal line?  

Just remove Jeremy Hill or at least not renew his contract after the season.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 05:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Just remove Jeremy Hill or at least not renew his contract after the season.

Seems like the appropriate thing to do, at this point.  However, I would like to at least see the team capitalize a little bit, and try to trade him.  So, what's the list of teams with injured backs looking like?   Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think Hewitt is one hell of a blocker. Too bad he's not big enough to play tackle.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with dealing Hill, but to his credit I saw him make some nice blocks.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 03:21 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm fine with dealing Hill, but to his credit I saw him make some nice blocks.
There was one in particular where the Brown jumped offsides and AD still had enough time to get the completion due to Hill's block
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like the appropriate thing to do, at this point.  However, I would like to at least see the team capitalize a little bit, and try to trade him.  So, what's the list of teams with injured backs looking like?   Cool

Honestly, if I were another team with RB injuries, I would be more interested in Tra Carson.  Who would want Hill and who would give anything for him? Nobody and no one.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 09:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, if I were another team with RB injuries, I would be more interested in Tra Carson.  Who would want Hill and who would give anything for him? Nobody and no one.  

A team with a half decent OL and coaching they can believe in might look at his 2014 film, along with his TD production the past two seasons, and see a scrap heap gem.  Sort of the way the Bengals did with Reggie Nelson.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 09:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, if I were another team with RB injuries, I would be more interested in Tra Carson.  Who would want Hill and who would give anything for him? Nobody and no one.  

considering before the season started he lead the league in TDs for a RB since hes entered....  I'm sure plenty could use him...  Hell we should be USING HIM MORE!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 08:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And there you have it...the single greatest difference between Lazor and Zampese.

So 1st you knock Zampese, but then you kock Hill's production while Lazor so far has used Hill the same as Zampese Is the issue Zampese, Lazor, Hill or the OL?

You have me confused on your logic knowing how both are using Hill the same way and Mixon also sucks based on just stats. Maybe the OL is Hill's problem..just maybe
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So 1st you knock Zampese, but then you kock Hill's production while Lazor so far has used Hill the same as Zampese Is the issue Zampese, Lazor, Hill or the OL?

You have me confused on your logic knowing how both are using Hill the same way and Mixon also sucks based on just stats. Maybe the OL is Hill's problem..just maybe

I don't believe Lazor is given the authority (just a hunch) to sit Hill.  I think the issue of predictability is a huge one and it centered on Hill's one-dimensional play.  He's not good at blitz pickup.  He's not a good receiver.  He's pretty much a one-cut back.  If he is on the field, it is almost like telling the defense the play call.

That is on both Marvin and Zampese.  I credit Lazor for noting that Hewitt's presence is signaling the Hill running play and making a change.  Hewitt should get some pass options as a FB out of the backfield. 

I can't really explain Mixon's ineffectiveness other than to say the line play was poor on the "kill the clock" runs, but he isn't hitting the hole as quickly as Gio, who has been the most effective rusher, but I think they are trying to ease him in as he returns from that injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: considering before the season started he lead the league in TDs for a RB since hes entered....  I'm sure plenty could use him...  Hell we should be USING HIM MORE!!!!

Andy Dalton could be leading the league in the same stat for the same time period if they did QB sneaks at the one yard line instead of letting Hill plunge it in.  I don't think anyone wants Andy as our RB.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A team with a half decent OL and coaching they can believe in might look at his 2014 film, along with his TD production the past two seasons, and see a scrap heap gem.  Sort of the way the Bengals did with Reggie Nelson.

Possibly, if he did more than just carry the ball in the middle of the field.  I think most NFL teams are looking for dual threat RBs, like Hunt, Bell, Cook, etc.  
Reply/Quote
Thor is one heck of a player, hope he gets well soon.

When he does, we need to use him more as a receiver so it is not so predictable when he is in.

He is a good receiver and a good blocker.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 02:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thor is one heck of a player, hope he gets well soon.

When he does, we need to use him more as a receiver so it is not so predictable when he is in.

He is a good receiver and a good blocker.

Thor?

Well, it hurts. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 03:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Thor?

Well, it hurts. Ninja

Nate is brushing up on his Carl Lawson impression.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote