Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill was a decent QB in Miami who put up good numbers, but I remember for a few years he threw the ball down the filed less than any QB in the league.

But when he went to Tennessee he turned into freaking Superman.

Last year he posted a 117.5 passer rating which was the FOURTH BEST in NFL history. He completed over 70% of his passes and led the league in yards per attempt and yards per completion.

This year he is showing that it was no fluke. He has a 112.3 rating and is on pace to throw 40 tds and only 5 ints.

Last year he mainly just handed the ball off to Henry, but this season he is throwing much more (33.8 att per game).

I have never seen any player turn his career around so dramatically at age 31.

Think we will shut him down Sunday?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Think we will shut him down Sunday?

No.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No.

The "QB Whisperer" or shall I say QB Killer Adam Gase had no clue how to use, see now his use of Sam Darnold in NY.

He was given all the credit for working with Manning but I think we are seeing Adam Gase had nothing to do with Mannings success.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:28 PM)corpjet Wrote: The "QB Whisperer" or shall I say QB Killer Adam Gase had no clue how to use, see now his use of Sam Darnold in NY.

He was given all the credit for working with Manning but I think we are seeing Adam Gase had nothing to do with Mannings success.

Boy wonder on our sidelines did some work with him too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hard to say who'll put up the best fantasy stats against us....Tannehill or Henry. Yikes!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:36 PM)jason Wrote: Boy wonder on our sidelines did some work with him too.

Way to mess up a thread... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I recall going into the 2019 season and some folks being concerned that ZT might do something stupid like try to bring Ryan Tannehill here rather than revive Dalton's career. Ah well, alls well that ends Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Not a chance! Henry, Brown, and Smith are all freaks of nature. This defense is going to have a hard time tackling those guys.
Tannehill still makes the occasional bad throw but has definitely turned his career around.

Off topic real quick: try to imagine the weight room at Ole Miss with Brown and Metcalf. The WR group was probably just as strong as the LB group!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:39 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hard to say who'll put up the best fantasy stats against us....Tannehill or Henry. Yikes!

I'd like to throw Jonnu Smith's name in contention too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Think we will shut him down Sunday?

Hell yes. Four sacks and four picks. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tannehill was a decent QB in Miami who put up good numbers, but I remember for a few years he threw the ball down the filed less than any QB in the league.

But when he went to Tennessee he turned into freaking Superman.

Last year he posted a 117.5 passer rating which was the FOURTH BEST in NFL history. He completed over 70% of his passes and led the league in yards per attempt and yards per completion.

This year he is showing that it was no fluke. He has a 112.3 rating and is on pace to throw 40 tds and only 5 ints.

Last year he mainly just handed the ball off to Henry, but this season he is throwing much more (33.8 att per game).

I have never seen any player turn his career around so dramatically at age 31.

Think we will shut him down Sunday?

This isn’t comparing Tannehill to Young, but Steve Young didn’t start for the 49ers until he was 32. He was a backup to Montana for that entire period, and then won the MVP his first year starting. He looked fantastic whenever he came in for Montana, though, so not the best comparison.

Rich Gannon, maybe? Before he went to Oakland, he was a backup/mediocre starter and then when he arrived in Oakland at age 34, he threw for 24 TDs, 14 INTs and nearly 4000 yards. He then followed that up with a 28 TD/11 INT season and capped it off with a 4600 yard season, 26/10 ratio, NFL MVP and a Super Bowl berth. I feel like that is a pretty good comparison.

To answer your question, I think that the Titans are going to find quite a bit of offensive success this weekend. Henry and Ryan are leading a potent offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Rich Gannon, maybe? Before he went to Oakland, he was a backup/mediocre starter and then when he arrived in Oakland at age 34, he threw for 24 TDs, 14 INTs and nearly 4000 yards. He then followed that up with a 28 TD/11 INT season and capped it off with a 4600 yard season, 26/10 ratio, NFL MVP and a Super Bowl berth. I feel like that is a pretty good comparison.

Big rep for the Rich Gannon comparison.

I had no idea he was 34 when he came to Oakland.  In fact I remember him running for a bunch of yards so I always thought of him as a younger QB.  He had a great stretch there for a few years with the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
No I don’t think Tannehill has anything to worry about with this defense.This defense seems to be comparable to Dallas Cowboys defense right now.
Reply/Quote
I know where I want to go with this....but I won't.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know where I want to go with this....but I won't.

What are ya, a teen girl on facebook?  Just tell us.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 06:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What are ya, a teen girl on facebook?  Just tell us.

We just got rid of one teenage girl geezzz
Reply/Quote
Shut him down??really?with this defensive coordinator? You're talking about the none blitzing none pressure getting bengals defense correct??not a chance in hell we stop anybody for the duration of this season...

With that being said something needs to be done with this defense on the day the season ends.. The organization spent money on that side of the ball and it looks as bad as Last season..
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 06:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What are ya, a teen girl on facebook?  Just tell us.

I'm not on Facebook.

I was just thinking of mediocre QBs who went somewhere else after 10ish years with the same team and how they performed in their new surroundings. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lou will probably just continue to use that genius Single High coverage and Tannehill will have the best game of his career
against us. 30 straight completions this game? Should be easy for him with Henry running all over us and the Play Action
just sucking our secondary up so he can burn us deep.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not on Facebook.

I was just thinking of mediocre QBs who went somewhere else after 10ish years with the same team and how they performed in their new surroundings. 

Sure, Esiason had some ok years in NY and AZ (and back here) but I don't think Burrow is going the Klingler route.
Reply/Quote