Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Ryan is our Quarterback"
(11-24-2019, 06:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Are you that old hag who threw the jewel into the ocean? Cool

I was pretty hot, if a little chunky, at the time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But we are in evaluation mode!  Gotta see more Finley!  Weeeee!

more cowbell and more weenie arm Finley! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Zac will never win a single game as head coach in the NFL. Book it.

Sad but probably true. Keeping Finley in there is either stuborness, stupidty or being told to tank.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I will say it's funny the Steelers benched their crap QB for a 3rd string guy while we chose to leave our crap QB out there when we had our healthy starter suited up.  Wacky.

Ryan had a perfect passer rating at halftime and our healthy starter had a passer rating of 50 earlier in the year against this same D. When should they have made the move to go back to Andy? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Where was that first game?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ryan had a perfect passer rating at halftime and our healthy starter had a passer rating of 50 earlier in the year against this same D. When should they have made the move to go back to Andy? 

Because Dalton has won football games when the game is over after the second half.  I get it, Finley is in a lousy situation and Dalton was 0-8, but this steadfast loyalty to Finley looks too much like not giving a crap about winning for me to not call it out just a bit.  I don't care if we keep Finley in there, but his completion rate is abysmal, he fumbles every time he is touched, and so on.

I mean, it's no skin off my arse if we go 0-16.  But hey, Finley had a perfect passer rating at the half thanks to Boyd hauling in the biggest lame duck of a TD pass I've ever seen, so that ought to buy him another few weeks.

Also, why did the Steelers bench Rudolph when he beat us 27-3 and posted a 124.6 rating against us the first time we played? Yesterday is gone...which doesn't do much for my point that Dalton can win because he's won in the past...hmm....

PUT IN DOLEGALA!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Andy and Ryan suck. Zac better start considering Dolelaga. d
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because Dalton has won football games when the game is over after the second half.  I get it, Finley is in a lousy situation and Dalton was 0-8, but this steadfast loyalty to Finley looks too much like not giving a crap about winning for me to not call it out just a bit.  I don't care if we keep Finley in there, but his completion rate is abysmal, he fumbles every time he is touched, and so on.

I mean, it's no skin off my arse if we go 0-16.  But hey, Finley had a perfect passer rating at the half thanks to Boyd hauling in the biggest lame duck of a TD pass I've ever seen, so that ought to buy him another few weeks.

Also, why did the Steelers bench Rudolph when he beat us 27-3 and posted a 124.6 rating against us the first time we played?  Yesterday is gone...which doesn't do much for my point that Dalton can win because he's won in the past...hmm....

PUT IN DOLEGALA!!!!!
That probably made sense in your head
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Erickson put a nice move on Haden and if the ball is placed
Where it should have been it's a possible Game deciding
Touchdown.
But Captain NoZip choked big time.
Anybody notice Findley doesnt even attempt to throw
Seam routes or out routes?
His throws are so limited cause he cannot drive the ball
At all.
Todd McShay loved the pick. Shows how much he knows
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That probably made sense in your head

Well I mean, even this year where Dalton is so bad he had to be benched he still put up better numbers than Finley.  Dalton did a lot to make sure the bar was set low, there is no denying that.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because Dalton has won football games when the game is over after the second half.  I get it, Finley is in a lousy situation and Dalton was 0-8, but this steadfast loyalty to Finley looks too much like not giving a crap about winning for me to not call it out just a bit.  I don't care if we keep Finley in there, but his completion rate is abysmal, he fumbles every time he is touched, and so on.

Also, why did the Steelers bench Rudolph when he beat us 27-3 and posted a 124.6 rating against us the first time we played?  Yesterday is gone...which doesn't do much for my point that Dalton can win because he's won in the past...hmm....

PUT IN DOLEGALA!!!!!

Steadfast loyalty? I mean come on. I agree we should see Dolagala, but 3 games is not steadfast loyalty, 1 where we had absolutely no chance. Chill out a little there. 
Reply/Quote

PUT IN DOLEGALA!!!!!

What does putting Dalton back in do ? We win 1 game ........maybe ?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Steadfast loyalty? I mean come on. I agree we should see Dolagala, but 3 games is not steadfast loyalty, 1 where we had absolutely no chance. Chill out a little there. 

Ida know...a drowning HC putting a 4th round pick rookie QB in a near-hopeless situation during a winless season is straight out of the Cleveland Browns' playbook.  I ridicule them for it, and it's only fair to call out the crapitude of the Bengals doing the same.  Was Dolegala active today?  Until I see Dalton de-activeated and/or Dolegala suited up and on the sidelines I won't believe there is any plan to move on from Finley.
Reply/Quote
They have to put Dolegala in Sunday. It's against the Jets and he's from New York. I mean, the story would write itself!!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 10:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What does putting Dalton back in do ? We win 1 game ........maybe ?

Maybe...I just feel like we are in a situation where we have a healthy starting QB sitting on the bench while we pretend it is essential to evaluate a guy who can't complete 50% of his passes...it's just odd.   I get the reason we aren't playing Dalton, but I almost feel like we are sending a message where we simply don't care about winning at all.

Finley is bad and with each week it looks more and more like people are just accusing us of tanking.  Again, it doesn't matter and to hell with Dalton, but as bad as the Bengals have been in my life it's been MB being a bad owner mostly...this is just bordering on self-sabotage and it's a new kind of low I just have to get numb to.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:56 PM)jason Wrote: Trade the number 1 overall pick for Tomlin... Or any coach.

Sean Payton
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:57 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Sean Payton

Or Mike Shanahan
Reply/Quote
I guess the main thing in all this QB talk is that if you would have told us before the 2019 season that ZT was going to get swept by the Steelers playing a backup and then 3rd string QB I bet it wouldn't have been believed.
Reply/Quote
Tiger
It honestly looked to me like the longer the game went on the weaker Finley's arm became...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Put in Dalton. We've seen Finley and while I get that some guys need time, what we've seen is very, very bad. Let's try to avoid going winless please?

Reply/Quote