Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S Jimmy Wilson signed
S Jimmy Wilson is a 6th year player.  He was a 7th round pick of the Dolphins in 2011 and played under Kevin Coyle until 2014.  Played for San Diego last year. He started 13 games per year over his first 5 seasons.  

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6740/jimmy-wilson

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm going to miss Reggie. Anyway, sounds like a decent pickup adding depth
Reply/Quote
Scrap heap guy, with some staring experience? All-Pro in two years. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
weird.....
Reply/Quote
My first thought was that Clayton Fejedelem just isn't going to be ready to fill a backup role this year.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 10:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: My first thought was that Clayton Fejedelem just isn't going to be ready to fill a backup role this year.
I think it is to have a safety who is experienced in Coyle's coaching style back there to help with the transition.
Reply/Quote
Must not be confident with Derron and Fej.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 10:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: My first thought was that Clayton Fejedelem just isn't going to be ready to fill a backup role this year.

(07-28-2016, 11:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Must not be confident with Derron and Fej.

Think it's moreso they released a safety (Taylor Mays) who was going to take up space because of suspension so they wanted to sign someone to take his spot for camp.

If anything, I think this says more about not signing Hall than anything.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:52 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Think it's moreso they released a safety (Taylor Mays) who was going to take up space because of suspension so they wanted to sign someone to take his spot for camp.

If anything, I think this says more about not signing Hall than anything.

Quite possibly. Maybe Hall's rehab is going slowly. In any case I'm still happy that Mays is no longer on the team.

Reply/Quote
that is not Dwight Freeney, ........but ok. lol

Agree, needed camp body.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not strange or weird. A usual Bengals move, signing an underwhelming player that adds little impact.

Reply/Quote
I love the whole 'camp body' narrative though.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:17 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Not strange or weird. A usual Bengals move, signing an underwhelming player that adds little impact.

A veteran with starting experience in the system he is signed in to for added back up depth is exactly what you sign this time of the year. He could possibly be cut by the end of camp, but he adds another "coach" to camp for some of the younger guys.
Reply/Quote
Exactly....
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 01:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: that is not Dwight Freeney, ........but ok. lol

Agree, needed camp body.

We still have an open spot, plus I think teams might be waiting to sign a guy like Freeney so he doesn't count towards anything if cut mid season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:17 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Not strange or weird. A usual Bengals move, signing an underwhelming player that adds little impact.

Well, if you think about the main goal of the preseason, avoiding injuries, do you really want Shawn Williams and George Iloka playing entire halves of the games, and Fej and Smith playing the rest?  Another safety can keep these guys from meaningless snaps and avoiding injury.  
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 09:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: A veteran with starting experience in the system he is signed in to for added back up depth is exactly what you sign this time of the year. He could possibly be cut by the end of camp, but he adds another "coach" to camp for some of the younger guys.

Love the positive thinking. Hope you are right/

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, if you think about the main goal of the preseason, avoiding injuries, do you really want Shawn Williams and George Iloka playing entire halves of the games, and Fej and Smith playing the rest?  Another safety can keep these guys from meaningless snaps and avoiding injury.  

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 09:43 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Love the positive thinking. Hope you are right/

Hey, the way I see it. If the play of a back up Safety is the down fall of our team this season we are in more trouble than anyone knows. The fact we even are debating possibly the 50-53 guy on the roster over starters shows how good this team is across the board.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Must not be confident with Derron and Fej.

depth is needed we don't have many extra safteys going into camp... we don't wanna wear out our main guys.
Reply/Quote