Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S Maurice Smith signed
Tryout Tuesday = Wednesday contract

Maurice played for Georgia, where as a grad transfer he was team captain, after starting at Alabama. In 2017 he was signed as an UDFA by Miami He spent that year on the PS. In 2018, he bounced back and forth between active and PS. Was waived at end of 2019 training camp. Signed with Washington in 2019 where he spent most of the season on the PS. Waived a couple of days ago. With Waynes out for the season, Williams injured, and Alexander out of camp for an undetermined time period, DB depth was needed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So, as long as we're running short on CBs; Let's sign a fringe Safety..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wonder if he is a pure safety or a nickelback?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking Bates would slide into Mackenzie's spot while Rose Backs up Bates while Smith would backup Williams and Bell
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 11:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, as long as we're running short on CBs;  Let's sign a fringe Safety..
It begs the question--how many NFL caliber CBs are out there walking the streets?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:11 PM)McC Wrote: It begs the question--how many NFL caliber CBs are out there walking the streets?

Well..  The dude that the Seahawks shitcanned for sneaking the woman into the team hotel is available.  He said "he's sorry", too..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 11:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, as long as we're running short on CBs;  Let's sign a fringe Safety..

So was this before Mackenzie's dad disappeared?

Cause yeah, was thinking we needed a Corner, not another Safety.

I like that Maurice was a team Captain at Georgia though.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well..  The dude that the Seahawks shitcanned for sneaking the woman into the team hotel is available.  He said "he's sorry", too..  Ninja

We do know how much Mike likes giving guys a second chance...and third and fourth and...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We are still OK at corner. Alexander will be back and isn't dealing with an injury.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So was this before Mackenzie's dad disappeared?

As was Shawn Williams.  ThumbsUp
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:11 PM)McC Wrote: It begs the question--how many NFL caliber CBs are out there walking the streets?

Logan Ryan is a FA but apparently wants to be a S (and a decent amount of $).
Javien Elliott
Brandon Carr is 34, and not who he used to be, but still okay.
Morris Claiborne

Those are all guys who while they aren't exactly first choices, but they could theoretically be serviceable more so than PS/camp fodder.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 02:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So was this before Mackenzie's dad disappeared?

I'm thinking we are going to see more three safety looks.   And what about ADG?  I know he is a LB, but will he ever line up as a safety in this package?  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 02:28 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: As was Shawn Williams.  ThumbsUp

Forgot that, thanks Shady.

(08-27-2020, 10:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm thinking we are going to see more three safety looks.   And what about ADG?  I know he is a LB, but will he ever line up as a safety in this package?  

Possible, ADG is about the size of a Safety and he can cover and tackle well.
Reply/Quote
Is he better than Ohaelete at least?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 04:21 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Is he better than Ohaelete at least?

Gotta be better than whoever that guy was lol
Reply/Quote