Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S Ricardo Allen in for visit
(03-08-2021, 09:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Unless they plan on having two rostered safeties it’s an area of need as they have no backups at the position. Versatility of a quality third safety allows teams to play a big nickel formation that allows for better run support than nickel but better coverage than base. If it’s not Allen I’d guess we will still sign another safety and draft one before all’s said and done.

This does highlight an issue I think people are forgetting, we have to field a full roster. We only have two or three corners on the roster along with two safeties. We will sign depth guys who will eat up part of the cap, that’s why when people run their math in their head for FA they always miss pretty badly. The draft gives you some filler but you need some veteran back ups or else your absolutely screwed in the event of injuries.

I understand. I'm convinced, especially since I noticed that Williams isn't that much cheaper to be had.

- So, cool. Now I want Ricardo Allen. Which probably means I will be disappointed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 10:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: I understand. I'm convinced, especially since I noticed that Williams isn't that much cheaper to be had.

- So, cool. Now I want Ricardo Allen. Which probably means I will be disappointed.

There should be a decent amount of guys who kind of fit that mold, so Allen may not be the guy but someone like him makes a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 10:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: There should be a decent amount of guys who kind of fit that mold, so Allen may not be the guy but someone like him makes a lot of sense.

Yeah I get it. Admittedly, I am a bit ashamed to have gotten turned around that quickly, so I just said some stuff to compensate.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would hope that this is a depth signing.  Aside from missing 4 games (presumably from injury), aside from 2 INTs, his stats were rather weak.  If he would sign for at or near vet minimum, then sure, bring him on.  I just wouldn't be expecting a Shawn Williams type of presence out there, when he does see the field.  This guy is going to get trucked if he tries to stick his head into stopping the run..

He was playing really well before the Achilles injury in 2018. Just hasn't been the same since. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote