Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S2 Cognition Test & Burrow
The Athletic Article saying Purdy’s score of mid 90’s predicted his success yet Joe’s was 97%

From the article: The S2 Cognition Test isn’t an intelligence test like the 50-question Wonderlic exam but rather measures how quickly and accurately athletes process information. It’s like the 40-yard dash for the brain.

He couldn’t give out Purdy’s exact score because it’s privileged information but said it was in the “mid 90s.” That’s about where Brees, the former Saints quarterback famous for lightning-fast decision-making, scored and where two of the top passers in the league now, the Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes and the Bills’ Josh Allen, also landed. The Bengals’ Joe Burrow took the test while at LSU and agreed to allow S2 to disclose the results
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
https://www.s2cognition.com/football

If you scroll to bottom of the page in that link you can see his score breakdown
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 03:01 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: https://www.s2cognition.com/football

If you scroll to bottom of the page in that link you can see his score breakdown

Thank you. The 97% overall and the 97% for the Instinctive Learning category (How quickly do you pick up on opponents’ subtle tendencies?) was insightful. Three of the categories for which a score was not listed would be interesting to see as well:  Perception speed (How fast do you process the speed of the game?), Search Efficiency (how quickly can you scan the field?), and Tracking Capacity (How well do you see the entire field?).
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 02:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Athletic Article saying Purdy’s score of mid 90’s predicted his success yet Joe’s was 97%

From the article: The S2 Cognition Test isn’t an intelligence test like the 50-question Wonderlic exam but rather measures how quickly and accurately athletes process information. It’s like the 40-yard dash for the brain.

He couldn’t give out Purdy’s exact score because it’s privileged information but said it was in the “mid 90s.” That’s about where Brees, the former Saints quarterback famous for lightning-fast decision-making, scored and where two of the top passers in the league now, the Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes and the Bills’ Josh Allen, also landed. The Bengals’ Joe Burrow took the test while at LSU and agreed to allow S2 to disclose the results

This is basically a specialized Wonderlic. I have taken the Wonderlic before - anyone can take it - and all it does it test your processing power. You have 50 questions to complete in a fixed period of time and they progressively get harder. However, they aren't football related. It's just testing how quickly you can process the input and complete it. 

That's what this S2 test is doing I think, but it seems like it is sport specific. How fast can you diagnose this coverage, how fast can you determine where this ball is going etc. I would classify both as an intelligence exam. Joe did pretty well on the Wonderlic as well. I can't find anything on Purdy and the Wonderlic, so he may not have taken it. 
Reply/Quote
Not really surprising with Burrow as he is one of the smartest if not the smartest young QB's in the NFL.

Thought Purdy did very well as a rookie filling in and that takes smarts along with a lot of things, teammates backing him up, the
coaches and a damn good team all the way around him etc.
Reply/Quote
This makes it hurt that we got a guy this talented and smart and just can’t get him right because the o line
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 08:51 PM)Housh Wrote: This makes it hurt that we got a guy this talented and smart and just can’t get him right because the o line

We went out and got 3 respected and valued OL free agents last year and as they gelled went on the longest win streak in the NFL this year at 10. They lost at the gun to the SB Champions minus 3 OL starters. Joe likes his coaches, likes the team and management and ownership. He wants to be a lifer as a Bengal. Because of that we’ve got an excellent opportunity to keep players here because of it that maybe we wouldn’t have. Sounds like it’s you that’s hurting not him, respectfully.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 08:51 PM)Housh Wrote: This makes it hurt that we got a guy this talented and smart and just can’t get him right because the o line

Weird outlook.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Honestly, listing Josh Allen on there hurts the validity of what point they are trying to make. He is one of the slower processors of information. He gets really confused with late movement or post snap movement as seen in our game. Allen is a great QB but it’s not because he is this ultra cerebral player. Purdy isn’t being asked to process super quick, he is being given heavy predefined reads.

These things are tough to judge their actual value because the data is controlled in a way to paint a narrative. Unless you had every score to compare and see if there was any actual trends it does very little other than make you go “cool”.

Random note, QB evaluation may actually be the hardest evaluation to do in sports. If any of these tests could actually do it well we wouldn’t see as many misses as we do every year. The reality is there is a combination of physical ability, intellect, and then intangibles that no one has really figured out how to quantify.
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of this:
https://braintypes.com/carson-palmer/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Purdy obviously got the question about the air speed velocity of a sparrow wrong..The gorge of impending doom..Poor guy.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote