Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SANU LOOKED GOOD IN NFL CHAMPIONSHIP WIN TODAY
Bengals better be resigning their players this March because they sure blew it last March. If we lose even more top players in back to back years, forget about it. The greatest coaches ever couldn't keep this team from falling back to 4 win seasons. Bengals better resign Whit, Kirk, Zeitler, Burkhead. If we had Sanu, Jones, Andre Smith, Hall, Nelson our team that started 8-0 in 2015 might have been tough in 2016. SANU SURE LOOKED GOOD IN NFC CHAMPIONSHIP WIN. GEE, maybe we could have used him back.. So, Sanu goes on to Super Bowl and I look for him to play good in that. I hope the announcers keep mentioning Bengals let him get away.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sanu actually gets to taste a super bowl......Something we can only dream about
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Fans will downplay the loss of Sanu, Jones, Nelson, Smith, Hall, etc. When Zeitler leaves...it will be no big deal. Some team insanely paid him too much.

The truth is fans think that teams overpay players...but the salary cap escalates yearly. Sometimes you have to overpay.
Reply/Quote
Sanu is what he is, a complimentary receiver. A pretty good one, but only a complimentary weapon. Anybody else remember what happened when he had to fill in as the 1st option, when AJ Green was injured?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. Fans will downplay the loss of Sanu, Jones, Nelson, Smith, Hall, etc. When Zeitler leaves...it will be no big deal. Some team insanely paid him too much.

The truth is fans think that teams overpay players...but the salary cap escalates yearly. Sometimes you have to overpay.

If we lose Sanu, Jones, Andre Smith, Nelson, Hall, Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick, Peko, Burkhead  in the span of 13 months, March 2016 to March 2017, it ruins that team that was 8-0 before Dalton got injured.  We go from starting 8-0 to starting 0-8. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Falcons didn't make it to the Super Bowl because they signed Sanu.

They went to the SB because they took a good QB and WR, and gave them good coaching, blocking and running.

Their defense has been underrated as well. They have a complete team including coaching.

We've never had that all at once.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
His QB didn't totally fall apart
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Atlanta is going to be a handful in the Super Bowl no matter who their opponent is. They have no weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: His QB didn't totally fall apart

Yep. Notice how the Packers were dropping passes, etc.

The Bengals usually self-destruct in the playoffs. Mental toughness is important in big games.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. Fans will downplay the loss of Sanu, Jones, Nelson, Smith, Hall, etc. When Zeitler leaves...it will be no big deal. Some team insanely paid him too much.

I'm going to be upset if we let Zeitler leave.
Reply/Quote
All I know is that this years Super Bowl may break a combined score of 100 points.

It's going to be like 7 on 7 drills out there.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Freeney chose the right organization. What were they thinking putting themselves in cap hell by signing Mack and Sanu?!? The Bengals sure do look smart for being too cheap to even bring Smith back for 2.5 a year.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: Sanu actually gets to taste a super bowl......Something we can only dream about
And, Cobi Hamilton caught a TD pass in the AFC Championship game but couldn't beat out Wright for a spot on the 53. The Bengals coaches are so good, aren't they??? Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:23 AM)Derrick Wrote: And, Cobi Hamilton caught a TD pass in the AFC Championship game but couldn't beat out Wright for a spot on the 53. The Bengals coaches are so good, aren't they??? Cry

He also dropped one and cost them another by running out of bounds on his End Zone route. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Let's be realistic here, Sanu is overpaid and he isn't making the Falcons any more than his absence doomed the Bengals. With that being said, we were pretty smug about him leaving so we do deserve a bit of egg on our faces, don't we?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 01:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Let's be realistic here, Sanu is overpaid and he isn't making the Falcons any more than his absence doomed the Bengals.  With that being said, we were pretty smug about him leaving so we do deserve a bit of egg on our faces, don't we?

Agreed,  we couldn't afford him at that price, and we offered Jones a LOT of money.  But I have to say Sanu looked really good the last two games.  He had a sweet touchdown catch last week.  I did feel smug last spring.  I don't now.

Bottom line Atlanta went out and got exactly what they needed.  And it worked.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 01:46 AM)3wt Wrote: Agreed,  we couldn't afford him at that price, and we offered Jones a LOT of money.  But I have to say Sanu looked really good the last two games.  He had a sweet touchdown catch last week.  I did feel smug last spring.  I don't now.

Bottom line Atlanta went out and got exactly what they needed.  And it worked.

What it comes down to is that they did overpay Sanu, but it's not like cap space or Mike Brown's wallet are going to kiss us to sleep tonight while the Falcons fans celebrate, either.
Reply/Quote
marvin jones and sanu were good...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Falcons didn't make it to the Super Bowl because they signed Sanu.

They went to the SB because they took a good QB and WR, and gave them good coaching, blocking and running.

Their defense has been underrated as well. They have a complete team including coaching.

We've never had that all at once.

They started the game throwing to Sanu, throwing to Sanu. Sanu in the end zone for first TD. Then throwing to Sanu. Sanu making catch after catch. That then made Jones more open...Sanu was a BIG part today in Falcons going on to Super Bowl. I don't know what game you watched. .....Of course we didn't need him or these other players Mike Brown keeps refusing to sign. We're the friggin' mighty Bengals of never a play-off win. The best Patriots team was the one with Corey Dillon looking like Jimmy Brown in the Super Bowl. Of course we didn't need him either. We always have hero's like Baby Hawk or Toast Jones or some other loser. If we lose Sanu, Jones, Hall, Nelson, Andre Smith, Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick, Peko, Burkhead in 13 months time, just get ready for some 3 or 4 win seasons care of Mike Brown and Family.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Miss seeing him with the Bengals. Always fun watching the physicality in his play.

A big congrats for him though, well deserved. Making more money and making it to the Superbowl.
Reply/Quote