Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you want Biden to step down? If so, when?
Joe Biden has dropped significantly in polling and now 80% say he is too old. Should Joe use his power as POTUS to stay in the race all the way? Or should he drop out? If he drops out, when should he do it?

If yes, who is the most viable replacement taking FEC elections laws into consideration?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Drop out.

12+ months ago and/or ASAP

Josh Shapiro/Gretchen Whitmer/Mark Kelly
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see him step down as soon as possible.

Let Harris step up.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:38 PM)Dill Wrote: I'd like to see him step down as soon as possible.

Let Harris step up.

Trump auto-win if that is your candidate.

Biden stands the best chance even if he's a little confused.
Reply/Quote
Biden should leave immediately, and really this should not be up to him.

That leaves Harris to fill in. And then the Dems can pick their candidate, be it Harris or other.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Drop out.

12+ months ago and/or ASAP

Josh Shapiro/Gretchen Whitmer/Mark Kelly

Pretty much this. He should have always been a transitional candidate and had a more viable successor waiting in the wings for 2024. 

At this point it's too little too late no matter what is done. There's no coming back from this. 

But to answer the premise of the OP, I would like Biden to suspend his campaign and let Harris try ASAP. Harris can't win but setting her aside as well would cause irreparable damage with the DNC's constituents.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:44 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Biden should leave immediately, and really this should not be up to him.

That leaves Harris to fill in.  And then the Dems can pick their candidate, be it Harris or other.

Are you saying Harris should invoke the 25th Amendment and remove him now?

If so, how would Biden supporters and Biden state election workers and volunteers react?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Republicans may want Biden to stay in because many Voters will ultimately end up thinking very hard about his age before they Vote.

Biden would start his next Term in 6 months in January 2025 at age 82.  (Born November 20, 1942)

Biden age 82 in 2025.    Age 83 in 2026     Age 84 in 2027     Age 85 in 2028

Biden would be 86 before his 2nd Term would end in January 2029.

*A KEY question may be:  -  Do Voters really expect no further decline in Biden due to aging over the next 4 and a half years ?

Democrats may defend Biden as being fit to serve now and over the next 4 and a half years at their own Political peril.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 02:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are you saying Harris should invoke the 25th Amendment and remove him now?

No.  It's best if he just resigned on his own if possible. I just don't think the decision should be 100 percent his choice because we are dealing with a competency/memory issue.
Reply/Quote
If they run Joe, he will resign if he wins, giving us the first unelectable Black Female President.

They see the numbers, and cannot move around Kamala, unless she steps away willingly. Then it becomes a money issue.
Reply/Quote
Sooner the better.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 02:52 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: If they run Joe, he win resign if he wins, giving ya the first unelectable Black Female President.

They see the numbers, and cannot move around Kamala, unless she steps away willingly. Then it becomes a money issue.

Wow. I didn't think about that happening. But I doubt it could because he can't win. But damn good thinking.

I think Joe should drop out. But I'm glad he's refusing to also. The guy needs to enjoy his last years of life and no longer deal with the political BS. And, if he was smart about it, I bet the GOP would leave Hunter alone after he did. I mean, after all, Joe's the only reason they are going after him. It's all political maneuvering. As for who should replace him? I have no clue. I'm not a big fan of the woke Democratic Party. As someone who voted Democrat several times in his life, I doubt even 1 will get my vote this year. Even on the local level.
Reply/Quote
Biden did a campaign rally and 22-minute interview today. Did he get back his swagger after the debate?

Trump has survived 8+ years of attacks from Democrats and the liberal media. They went after him like a pack of wolves. Slowly Biden is seeing their teeth. How tough is Joe? Can he survive the liberal media if they start treating him like they did Trump?

Joe says the polls are wrong and only God almighty can convince him to drop out. We will see if that is true or just one more Joe Biden lie.

Reply/Quote