Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kudrow under the hood look at jobs report
Bidenomics is not working in spite of how they like to point to it as a recovery of the US economy. Forget politics for a second. Voters polled say they are hurting. There is a disconnect as Biden's surrogates attempt to convince them they are not really doing badly. I suggest you read this article, it is filled with the underlying facts of the May job report and job reports for years.

You will find too many part time jobs added and full-time jobs lacking. You will find illegal immigrants have taken the majority of the jobs, in reality US citizens are losing jobs at an alarming rate. It is a great read and easy to understand and has facts to back up the analysis. I included a little bit of the article below.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/larry-kudlow-look-under-hood-bidens-may-jobs-report-youll-see-problem

Once again, full-time jobs fell 605,000 in May. This is not a monthly problem — this is a long-playing record. It's mirror image: Part-time jobs gained 286,000. So if full-timers are plunging and part-timers are surging, that cannot be a healthy economic sign. Additionally, in just May alone, 414,000 immigrants, both legal and illegal, gained jobs, while 663,000 native-born Americans lost jobs. This discouraging pattern has been going on for quite some time, but the trend line has accelerated significantly during the Biden years.

Now, in terms of the ongoing Biden affordability crisis, if you call through the numbers over the past 12 months, the combination of average hourly earnings — that's wages — for production people — working folks — that times, hours worked, you get a proxy for their income, and that income number comes to only 3.4% increase, which is about the same as the consumer price index, which means they're not getting ahead of the ongoing inflation.

Indeed, over Biden's entire term, real wages have fallen while all these prices have exploded.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 06:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bidenomics is not working in spite of how they like to point to it as a recovery of the US economy. Forget politics for a second. Voters polled say they are hurting. There is a disconnect as Biden's surrogates attempt to convince them they are not really doing badly. I suggest you read this article, it is filled with the underlying facts of the May job report and job reports for years.

You will find too many part time jobs added and full-time jobs lacking. You will find illegal immigrants have taken the majority of the jobs, in reality US citizens are losing jobs at an alarming rate. It is a great read and easy to understand and has facts to back up the analysis. I included a little bit of the article below.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/larry-kudlow-look-under-hood-bidens-may-jobs-report-youll-see-problem

Once again, full-time jobs fell 605,000 in May. This is not a monthly problem — this is a long-playing record. It's mirror image: Part-time jobs gained 286,000. So if full-timers are plunging and part-timers are surging, that cannot be a healthy economic sign. Additionally, in just May alone, 414,000 immigrants, both legal and illegal, gained jobs, while 663,000 native-born Americans lost jobs. This discouraging pattern has been going on for quite some time, but the trend line has accelerated significantly during the Biden years.

Now, in terms of the ongoing Biden affordability crisis, if you call through the numbers over the past 12 months, the combination of average hourly earnings — that's wages — for production people — working folks — that times, hours worked, you get a proxy for their income, and that income number comes to only 3.4% increase, which is about the same as the consumer price index, which means they're not getting ahead of the ongoing inflation.

Indeed, over Biden's entire term, real wages have fallen while all these prices have exploded.

I think you are a lying, dog-faced pony soldier!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
Wow no way, a former Trump advisor and current Fox employee telling us how terrible the Biden economy is. I never thought I’d see the day.

I remember when he was telling us the Trump tax cuts would pay for themselves and the CBO was wrong.
https://youtu.be/dsxBz0F4yGg?si=vlRjpjBoXVTdi1_R

He was also an advisor when we had a bunch of disastrous covid government money give aways at the end of Trumps term. And his wife got a PPP loan out of it.

I’d rather get my economic advice from someone who isn’t as partisan.
Reply/Quote
Anyone know who Larry Summers is? He's an economist and former Treasury secretary that predicted inflation under Biden's policies. While I am someone who often decries the way the economy is tied to presidents in a way they don't necessarily deserve, good or bad, we can't deny that he was right. Well, he's in the prediction market again, and he's here to tell you that Trump's policies would exacerbate inflation, not relieve it.

Quote:Treasury secretary Larry Summers in warning that President Joe Biden and the Federal Reserve Board risked igniting inflation by overstimulating the economy in 2021. Soaring prices over the next few years proved Summers correct. Now Summers sees the risk of another price shock in the economic plans of former president Donald Trump.

“There has never been a presidential platform so self-evidently inflationary as the one put forward by President Trump,” Summers says in an interview this week. “I have little doubt that with the Trump program, we will see a substantial acceleration in inflation, unless somehow we get a major recession first.”

Summers is far from alone in raising that alarm. Trump’s greatest asset in the 2024 campaign may be the widespread belief among voters that the cost of living was more affordable when he was president and would be so again if he’s re-elected to a second term.

But a growing number of economists and policy analysts are warning that Trump’s second-term agenda of sweeping tariffs, mass deportation of undocumented migrants, and enormous tax cuts would accelerate, rather than alleviate, inflation.

In an upcoming analysis, Mark Zandi, the chief economist for Moody’s Analytics, forecasts that compared with current policies, Trump’s economic plans would increase the inflation rate and force the Federal Reserve Board to raise interest rates higher than they would be otherwise.

“If he got what he wanted,” Zandi says, “you add it all up, and it feels highly inflationary to me.”

Elections are about the future we want to build. From the looks of it, if the economy is your top priority, Trump's policies will do further harm. Not a very bright future.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 08:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow no way, a former Trump advisor and current Fox employee telling us how terrible the Biden economy is. I never thought I’d see the day.

I remember when he was telling us the Trump tax cuts would pay for themselves and the CBO was wrong.

He was also an advisor when we had a bunch of disastrous covid government money give aways at the end of Trumps term. And his wife got a PPP loan out of it.

Dude's done more coke than Hunter Biden.  He also did his best work when he was a degenerate cokehead back in the 80's.  

Lisa Kudrow was an underrated comic, but I'll go ahead and disregard her opinion on the current economy.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 09:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anyone know who Larry Summers is? He's an economist and former Treasury secretary that predicted inflation under Biden's policies. While I am someone who often decries the way the economy is tied to presidents in a way they don't necessarily deserve, good or bad, we can't deny that he was right. Well, he's in the prediction market again, and he's here to tell you that Trump's policies would exacerbate inflation, not relieve it.

Elections are about the future we want to build. From the looks of it, if the economy is your top priority, Trump's policies will do further harm. Not a very bright future.

What does he say about Biden's plan? 

I bet he says, it will be the best! (He's in bed with Biden and has been working out a plan with Biden and his administration). So if Trump wins, his plan likely goes to the shitter. 

Really doesn't matter who wins, i think it will get a little worse before it gets better, but it will get better before the next term ends. 

But to be honest here. I'd much rather have tax cuts for the middle man than have to watch MORE money being wasted on Student Loan Forgiveness and MORE Green Energy Tax cuts that aren't working. 

PS isn't this also the guy that said Women aren't as smart as Men in the science fields?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 08:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow no way, a former Trump advisor and current Fox employee telling us how terrible the Biden economy is. I never thought I’d see the day.

A typical response from you. Attack the person and disregard the facts presented because the facts hurt your narrative. You throw out something to attempt to discredit Kudrow yet provide no evidence his expert opinion provided is false.

Please provide us anything stating Kudrow's facts are wrong.

But more so, please provide facts on while almost 70% of voters feel the economy is bad. If Kudrow is wrong, I would think 70% of the voters would love Bidenomics.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 01:29 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What does he say about Biden's plan? 

I bet he says, it will be the best! (He's in bed with Biden and has been working out a plan with Biden and his administration). So if Trump wins, his plan likely goes to the shitter. 

Really doesn't matter who wins, i think it will get a little worse before it gets better, but it will get better before the next term ends. 

But to be honest here. I'd much rather have tax cuts for the middle man than have to watch MORE money being wasted on Student Loan Forgiveness and MORE Green Energy Tax cuts that aren't working. 

PS isn't this also the guy that said Women aren't as smart as Men in the science fields?

If you read the article, you would see that even economists more in line with Republicans agree the policies will exacerbate inflation. But hey, let's just ignore what experts say.

As for the PS, no idea. But he's an economist, doesn't mean he's an expert at everything.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Thankfully Trump will be back in office soon and all the people complaining about how hard it is to get a decent job and afford stuff will go right back to pointing out that the only way to not have a good job or enough money is to be a lazy bum who chooses to fail.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 12:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A typical response from you. Attack the person and disregard the facts presented because the facts hurt your narrative. You throw out something to attempt to discredit Kudrow yet provide no evidence his expert opinion provided is false.

Please provide us anything stating Kudrow's facts are wrong.

But more so, please provide facts on while almost 70% of voters feel the economy is bad. If Kudrow is wrong, I would think 70% of the voters would love Bidenomics.

My bad. You are right. You are getting nothing but straight honest news from Fox.

I don’t think they have an agenda at all.

Ps I noticed Murdoch married a Russian recently. Found that interesting.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 12:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you read the article, you would see that even economists more in line with Republicans agree the policies will exacerbate inflation. But hey, let's just ignore what experts say.

As for the PS, no idea. But he's an economist, doesn't mean he's an expert at everything.

Hey let's just ignore what all the experts say that don't represent your side right? Already said this guy is in bed with Biden and he likely has very little clue as to what Trump will actually do, but all that matters to him, is that it's not what he was going to do, therefore bad.

This is a global inflation, not just a US inflation and it's still going on is the EU and China. Oil continues to rise, but not in the US... wonder who's policies helped that? I doubt it was the 7 $1B EV stations that helped...Maybe it was all those B's in Student Loan forgiveness... Nah, maybe all those Immigrants that were allowed in for so long and now are replacing USC's in jobs... nah, that won't have much to do with it either...Stupid MF'ers in politics playing games.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 12:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you read the article, you would see that even economists more in line with Republicans agree the policies will exacerbate inflation. But hey, let's just ignore what experts say.

Even better, MOST economics give projections based on what they think will happen if everything goes smoothly. 

Reality is shit goes sideways all the time. They are like Mel Kiper, if they throw enough predictions out there, they are bound to hit on one right? 

There's a good chance the Fed doesn't lower the rate in Sept, and they actually might Raise it.. why? Cause there is big money in carry trading right now. And if they do raise it, you can kiss Biden's butt goodbye. 
Reply/Quote