Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS prevents Trump from ending DACA due to inadequate justification from the admin
(06-18-2020, 02:19 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: sure if they are guilty then hang 'em. But didn't his businesses legally hire immigrants? 

I'd he willing to put a real investigation into it, but if the penalty is a fine that is a pittance compared to the profit of breaking the law what is the point?

Edit - I will admit my extreme stance on hiring illegals is based on the hyperbole that illegals are marauding rapists and enabling them to be here is treason. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-18-2020, 02:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd he willing to put a real investigation into it, but if the penalty is a fine that is a pittance compared to the profit of breaking the law what is the point?

so continue on with the status quo is your answer? 
(06-18-2020, 02:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: so continue on with the status quo is your answer? 

No, take people who hire illegals and once a few of them spend their golden years in prison word will spread.  
(06-18-2020, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, take people who hire illegals and once a few of them spend their golden years in prison word will spread.  

I wouldn't bother with prison time unless multiple offenders.

1st time should be a fine of 10% of your total assets. 
2nd time, 50%
3rd time, 90% and prison time.

50k fine to a multimillionaire won't scare them.. however that 10% will. 
(06-18-2020, 02:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wouldn't bother with prison time unless multiple offenders.

1st time should be a fine of 10% of your total assets. 
2nd time, 50%
3rd time, 90% and prison time.

50k fine to a multi-milliomare won't scare them.. however that 10% will. 

As long as we both agree the current system is a joke im game. 
(06-18-2020, 02:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As long as we both agree the current system is a joke im game. 

it is. And the whole bringing workers from over seas is as well. 

It should be in-directly tied to unemployment. 
If UE is high? Less allowed in, UE low, more allowed in. 
(06-18-2020, 02:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Following the laws vs breaking the laws.

I still don't understand why people want to reward those that broke the laws
and punish those that work with in the laws.

The sins of the parensts should not be passed down. If you enter DACA then you can earn a path to USC, however, your parents may not, since they are the original law breakers. 

Not sure how this speaks to the SCOTUS decision, which offers a short term break to Dreamers, not their parents.

Also, if integrity of the law is your guiding value, you will have to hope for a new administration after Nov.
(06-18-2020, 02:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: it is. And the whole bringing workers from over seas is as well. 

It should be in-directly tied to unemployment. 
If UE is high? Less allowed in, UE low, more allowed in. 

But that just opens the door to the Bush era arguments that we need guest workers to do the jobs lazy entitled Americans wont do. 

The neo con shift from calling illegals hard working labor saviors to marauding rapists we need to wall out is quite interesting.   
(06-18-2020, 02:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But that just opens the door to the Bush era arguments that we need guest workers to do the jobs lazy entitled Americans wont do. 

The neo con shift from calling illegals hard working labor saviors to marauding rapists we need to wall out is quite interesting.   

why would they be illegal if they were filed for? And if filed for we can check their criminal history..

I won't deny that some are very hard workers and law abiding, but still illegal.  I prefer that type over the hard at work drug pushers.
(06-18-2020, 02:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Following the laws vs breaking the laws.

I still don't understand why people want to reward those that broke the laws and punish those that work with in the laws.

The sins of the parensts should not be passed down. If you enter DACA then you can earn a path to USC, however, your parents may not, since they are the original law breakers. 

DACA doesn't protect parents. I'm not sure who here proposed helping parents and who here proposed punished people who follow laws, but that seems like a whole different argument. 

However, we allow forgiveness and ways to make up for or even drop a variety of crimes in this country. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-18-2020, 02:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: DACA doesn't protect parents. I'm not sure who here proposed helping parents and who here proposed punished people who follow laws, but that seems like a whole different argument. 

However, we allow forgiveness and ways to make up for or even drop a variety of crimes in this country. 

Sorry forgot DACA doesn't allow for a path to USC.
(06-18-2020, 02:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: why would they be illegal if they were filed for? And if filed for we can check their criminal history..

I won't deny that some are very hard workers and law abiding, but still illegal.  I prefer that type over the hard at work drug pushers.

If people want drugs and cheap labor, they will come.  A black market regulates itself. 
(06-18-2020, 03:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sorry forgot DACA doesn't allow for a path to USC.

I think you were referring to some proposals for the DREAM Act. It’s a fair conversation to have.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I am happy that many fine people who came here not by their own choosing are allowed to stay; however, I've always considered DACA just kicking the can down the road. Congress needs to end it and establish clear guidelines for a pathway to citizenship.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Supreme Court: "We will abolish DACA if you give us even ONE reason to do so, Trump. Seriously, the way you went about this was so lazy we couldn't even defend it. Just re-submit with an actual reason - any reason - and we'll abolish it. Just a tiny bit of effort, Trump. We believe in you."
(06-18-2020, 08:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am happy that many fine people who came here not by their own choosing are allowed to stay; however, I've always considered DACA just kicking the can down the road. Congress needs to end it and establish clear guidelines for a pathway to citizenship.

Yeah, but as soon as these people become citizens they lose their value to our plutocratic leaders and their cronies.  We don't need more low-skilled workers that can file for government assistance and disability and go into our emergency rooms and default on the bill do we?  Maybe I'm being too cynical here.