Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS rules on Travel Ban
(06-28-2018, 09:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But only whites have the power to oppress people they are  racist against because they control a disproprtionate perceentage of wealth and power.

The post above is where you introduced percentage of wealth. Which then Bels provided a link to:

(06-28-2018, 09:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: If the majority ethnic group comprises 55% of the population but hold 80% of the wealth and power, that is disproportionate. Of course, I just made up those numbers off the top of my head, but that is how it can be disproportionate.

See this study showing the racial wealth divide in America: https://prosperitynow.org/files/PDFs/road_to_zero_wealth.pdf

And I said it should be about equality of opportunity:

(06-28-2018, 09:46 AM)Beaker Wrote: It doesnt follow that 55% of the population should hold 55% of the wealth....or that 10% of the population should hold 10% of the wealth. There are individuals in all categories that will hold more or less. There should be equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome. If everyone was only allowed to hold a predetermined amount, then where is the motivation for innovation if I am only allowed to retain a given amount?

And you again made it about wealth:

(06-28-2018, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No matter what country you talk about the group that controls a majority of the wealth and power has the power to oppress.

And continued to make it about wealth:

(06-28-2018, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you know what "proportionate" means?

Non-Hispanic white people make up about 65% of the population but control over 90% of the wealth and power (elected officials, CEO's etrc)

Where you then went lawyer mode and tried to paint me as evil by saying that you interpreted it to mean whites were superior:

(06-28-2018, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are saying that white people hold a higher percentage of the wealth because they are the superior race?  Nervous 

Sure it doesn't have anything to do with the huge head start they had in this country?

When I called you out that you were incorrect, you tried to again attribute your interpretation to me:

(06-28-2018, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry if I misunderstood, but you said opportunity was only about work and since Whites control a disproportionate amount of the wealth and power in this country that would lead me to believe that you think white people just work harder than minorities.

If that is not what you meant then please explain.

(06-28-2018, 04:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'm still not sure I understand why you say white people control such a disproportionate percentage of the wealth and power.

Are saying a higher percentage of white people "pursue opportunities" at a higher rate?

Where I then again clearly stated that all races have individuals with different motivational levels, and referred again to opportunity, not wealth:

(06-28-2018, 04:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: All races have individuals more willing to pursue opportunities than others.

When I called you on it:

(06-28-2018, 04:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's because I didn't say white people control a disproportionate percentage....you did.

All of a sudden it didn't matter that you said it:

(06-28-2018, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It doesn't matter who said it.  It is true.

You should really be more careful when trying to discredit others when it was you all along.