Ryan Finley
Mason Schreck

Offense:

QB:
Burrow, Allen

RB:
Mixon, Bernard, Williams, Perine

OL:
The Bengals should address the offensive line through free agency or trades in my opinion. I do not foresee Cincinnati signing Moton or paying a guard 14+ million dollars this off-season but that does not mean that the Bengals cannot upgrade the offensive line in a big way.

Move #1
Trade Geno Atkins to Minnesota for LT Reilly Reiff
Extend Reiff for 3 yrs/40M
Reiff is 33 years old and had a really good season for the Vikings. They drafted Ezra Cleveland and Reiff could be a candidate to be cut anyway. They are desperately needing interior defensive line help. I think a re-union with Zimmer would be a welcome sight for both parties as I believe Geno still has something left in the tank. The trade makes sense for both sides.

Move #2
Sign Matt Feiler 3yrs/18M
He is a versatile OL that can play at G and RT.

These two moves gives the Bengals a ton of versatility along the offensive line as injuries do happen and Jonah Williams has been a durability issue to this point.

Going into the draft:
Reiff LT
Williams RT/G
Spain G
Feiler G/RT
S'ua-Filo G
Johnson G/T
Price C/G
Hopkins C
Adeniji T

WR:
Sign Tyrell Williams 1 yr/4M
Williams sat out last season with a labrum injury and is almost certainly to be cut at his number by the Raiders. He won't count against the compensatory formula either. At 29 years old he is a good candidate to bounce back and be a productive member of the receiving core.

Going into the draft:
Boyd
Higgins
Williams
Tate
Morgan
Thomas

TE:
Going into the draft:
Cut and re-sign or renegotiate Uzomah 2yrs/5M
Sample
Wilcox
Defense:

Defensive Line
Re-signing Lawson is a must at this point in my view.

Acquisition through trade:
Cincinnati trades a 7th round pick to Denver for DT Jurrell Casey
Denver acquired Casey from the Texans for a 7th round pick last off-season and he sat all season with a biceps injury. He is owed nearly 12M this season and nearly 14M next season but none of the money is guaranteed so he could be cut without cap issues if need be next off-season. He is worth a trade and can replace Geno inside. He is likely a cap cut for Denver so he should be available.

Dline under contract going into the draft:

Lawson
Casey
Reader
Hubbard
Tupua
Wren
Covington
Kareem

LB:
With re-signing Bynes the Bengals go into the draft with
Bynes
Wilson
Davis-Gaither
Pratt
Bailey

CB:
I don't have a Bengals and Jackson reunion in the cards even though I feel like he is a good player. Lawson take priority and with the additions of Casey and the 2 offensive linemen there isn't enough money to go around.

Sign Gareon Conley 1yr/3M

Going into the draft
Waynes
Conley
Phillips
Alexander
Rose

S:
Bates
Bell
Wilson

LS Harris
P Huber

Bengals draft:
Bengals trade #5 to SF for #12, 43, 117
SF drafts Zach Wilson QB BYU

#12 Bengals select Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
I have seen this guy mocked at anywhere from 4 to 16. If he is there, I like the fit and value for the Bengals.
Alternate selection Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan

#38 Bengals select Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
I don't know how important the TE position is in the current offense but this guy is a playmaker and would help the offense immensely if deployed correctly. He was also a captain on the team,

#43 Bengals select Alim McNeill DT NC State
I know a lot of people are mocking a 2nd round pick of Nixon but I don't think he gets out of the first round. This guy has similar upside and is a beast of a man.

#69 Dayo Odeyingbo DE Vanderbilt
This guy has a lot of upside at 6'6” and 275 pounds. He will likely get better coaching than he did at Vanderbilt and has a lot of tools to work with. He was another team captain.

Alternate pick if Paye is the first pick:
Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan St

#111 Kendrick Green, IOL, Illinois
Solid IOL prospect that has experience at both G and C.

#117 Baron Browning, LB, Ohio State
Developmental linebacker that is raw in his reads but has a ton of physical attributes.

#150 Dazz Newsome WR UNC
Shifty wideout with a good feel for route running. Can make explosive plays after the catch. Also, has value in the return game.

#192 Tariq Thompson, S, SD State
Safety prospect that has special teams value.

#231 Evan McPherson K Florida
Kicker competition for Bullock

QB:
Burrow
Allen

RB:
Mixon
Bernard
Williams
Perine

OL
Reiff LT
Williams RT/G
Spain G
Feiler G/RT
S'ua-Filo G
Johnson G/T
Price C/G
Hopkins C
Adeniji T
Green G/C

WR:
Boyd
Higgins
Williams
Tate
Morgan
Thomas
Newsome
TE:
Freiermuth
Uzomah
Sample
Wilcox

DL:
Lawson
Casey
Reader
Hubbard
Tupua/Wren
Covington
Kareem
McNeill
Odeyingbo

LB:
Bynes
Wilson
Davis-Gaither
Pratt
Bailey
Browning

CB:
Waynes
Farley
Conley
Phillips
Alexander
Rose

S:
Bates
Bell
Wilson
Thompson

LS: Harris
P:Huber
K: McPherson or Bullock
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My attempt at Bengals off-season moves

Re-sign:
Brandon Allen 2 yrs/3M
Samaje Perine 1yr/1M---I'd draft a younger guy
Josh Bynes 1yr/2.5M----we drafted 3 LB's last year, let them play
Carl Lawson 4yrs/48M
CJ Uzomah 2yrs/5M--He's the starter
Christian Covington 1yr/2M--- adios, we have Topou and Wren coming back, and we'll draft one.
Mike Thomas 1yr/1M
Clark Harris 1yr/1.1M
Kevin Huber 2yrs/6M
Mackenzie Alexander 3yrs/15M
Quinton Spain 3yrs/15M--- Too much money, I'd rather sign Feliciano(Bills) @8 million.
Brandon Wilson 2yrs/4M

-my guys-
(Jordan Evans) LB 1yr/1m.
(Mitchell Wilcox) TE .500

Cuts:
Bobby Hart
CJ Uzomah
Michael Jordan
BJ Finney
Ryan Finley
Mason Schreck

--agree with all here!!!

FA and draft:

If I can I trade back to try to gain a 2/3 rd pick this year, but I dont want to go past #12 SF's pick.

FA's

1) Matt Feiler-(Steelers) RT/RG- 6million per
2) Jon Feliciano-(Bills) G- 8 million per
3) Gareon Conley-(Texans) CB 3 million per
4) Josh Reynolds-(Rams) WR- 5 million per

-the line gets upgraded, and we can draft a T in the first 3 rounds while adding BPA at the same time!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 06:29 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: My attempt at Bengals off-season moves

Re-sign:
Brandon Allen 2 yrs/3M
Samaje Perine 1yr/1M
Josh Bynes 1yr/2.5M
Carl Lawson 4yrs/48M
CJ Uzomah 2yrs/5M
Christian Covington 1yr/2M
Mike Thomas 1yr/1M
Clark Harris 1yr/1.1M
Kevin Huber 2yrs/6M
Quinton Spain 3yrs/15M
Brandon Wilson 2yrs/4M

Cuts:
Bobby Hart
CJ Uzomah
Michael Jordan
BJ Finney
Ryan Finley
Mason Schreck

Offense:

QB:
Burrow, Allen

RB:
Mixon, Bernard, Williams, Perine

OL:
The Bengals should address the offensive line through free agency or trades in my opinion. I do not foresee Cincinnati signing Moton or paying a guard 14+ million dollars this off-season but that does not mean that the Bengals cannot upgrade the offensive line in a big way.

Move #1
Reiff is 33 years old and had a really good season for the Vikings. They drafted Ezra Cleveland and Reiff could be a candidate to be cut anyway. They are desperately needing interior defensive line help. I think a re-union with Zimmer would be a welcome sight for both parties as I believe Geno still has something left in the tank. The trade makes sense for both sides.

Move #2
Sign Matt Feiler 3yrs/18M

These two moves gives the Bengals a ton of versatility along the offensive line as injuries do happen and Jonah Williams has been a durability issue to this point.

Going into the draft:
Reiff LT
Williams RT/G
Spain G
Feiler G/RT
S'ua-Filo G
Johnson G/T
Price C/G
Hopkins C
Adeniji T

WR:
Williams sat out last season with a labrum injury and is almost certainly to be cut at his number by the Raiders. He won't count against the compensatory formula either. At 29 years old he is a good candidate to bounce back and be a productive member of the receiving core.

Going into the draft:
Boyd
Higgins
Williams
Tate
Morgan
Thomas

TE:
Going into the draft:
Sample
Wilcox
Defense:

Defensive Line

Denver acquired Casey from the Texans for a 7th round pick last off-season and he sat all season with a biceps injury. He is owed nearly 12M this season and nearly 14M next season but none of the money is guaranteed so he could be cut without cap issues if need be next off-season. He is worth a trade and can replace Geno inside. He is likely a cap cut for Denver so he should be available.

Lawson
Casey
Reader
Hubbard
Tupua
Wren
Covington
Kareem

LB:
With re-signing Bynes the Bengals go into the draft with
Bynes
Wilson
Davis-Gaither
Pratt
Bailey

CB:
I don't have a Bengals and Jackson reunion in the cards even though I feel like he is a good player. Lawson take priority and with the additions of Casey and the 2 offensive linemen there isn't enough money to go around.

Going into the draft
Waynes
Conley
Phillips
Alexander
Rose

S:
Bates
Bell
Wilson

LS Harris
P Huber

Bengals draft:
Bengals trade #5 to SF for #12, 43, 117
SF drafts Zach Wilson QB BYU

#12 Bengals select Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
I have seen this guy mocked at anywhere from 4 to 16. If he is there, I like the fit and value for the Bengals.
Alternate selection Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan

I don't know how important the TE position is in the current offense but this guy is a playmaker and would help the offense immensely if deployed correctly. He was also a captain on the team,

#43 Bengals select Alim McNeill DT NC State
I know a lot of people are mocking a 2nd round pick of Nixon but I don't think he gets out of the first round. This guy has similar upside and is a beast of a man.

#69 Dayo Odeyingbo DE Vanderbilt
This guy has a lot of upside at 6'6” and 275 pounds. He will likely get better coaching than he did at Vanderbilt and has a lot of tools to work with. He was another team captain.

Alternate pick if Paye is the first pick:
Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan St

#111 Kendrick Green, IOL, Illinois
Solid IOL prospect that has experience at both G and C.

#117 Baron Browning, LB, Ohio State
Developmental linebacker that is raw in his reads but has a ton of physical attributes.

#150 Dazz Newsome WR UNC
Shifty wideout with a good feel for route running. Can make explosive plays after the catch. Also, has value in the return game.

QB:
Burrow
Allen

RB:
Mixon
Bernard
Williams
Perine

OL
Reiff LT
Williams RT/G
Spain G
Feiler G/RT
S'ua-Filo G
Johnson G/T
Price C/G
Hopkins C
Adeniji T
Green G/C

WR:
Boyd
Higgins
Williams
Tate
Morgan
Thomas
Newsome
TE:
Freiermuth
Uzomah
Sample
Wilcox

DL:
Lawson
Casey
Reader
Hubbard
Tupua/Wren
Covington
Kareem
McNeill
Odeyingbo

LB:
Bynes
Wilson
Davis-Gaither
Pratt
Bailey
Browning

CB:
Waynes
Farley
Conley
Phillips
Alexander
Rose

S:
Bates
Bell
Wilson
Thompson

P:Huber
K: McPherson or Bullock

Nice work, a lot of thought went into this. Farley might be better than Surtain even if I ugh at another 1st round CB.

You kind of have to if we let WJ3 go and this would be the much cheaper option. Getting Reiff and Feiler would really help 
the O-line but I still have major concerns at Center with Hopkins coming off injury and Price being a bust so far.

I really like getting Jurrell Casey for the interior D. Still think we need to add an End before you did cause we need pass 
rushing help terribly all across the board.

Still a nice mock. Rock On
Reply/Quote
OK, I went through some suggestions and did more research. I like this one much better.

My Bengals off-season moves

Re-sign:
Brandon Allen 2 yrs/3M
Samaje Perine 1yr/1M
Carl Lawson 4yrs/48M
CJ Uzomah 2yrs/5M
Mike Thomas 1yr/1M
Clark Harris 1yr/1.1M
Brandon Wilson 2yrs/4M
Jordan Evans 1 yr/1M
William Jackson III 3yrs/36M
Cuts:
Bobby Hart
CJ Uzomah
Michael Jordan
BJ Finney
Ryan Finley
Mason Schreck
Gio Bernard
Fred Johnson

Offense:

QB:
Burrow, Allen

RB:
Mixon, Burkhead, Williams, Perine

I cut Bernard to save 4.1M on the cap and replaced him with Rex Burkhead for 1.5M.

OL:

Move #1

Move #2
Sign Matt Feiler 3yrs/21M

Move #3
Trade for Rob Haverstein RT from the Rams
With the obvious connection of our head coach and the possibility he is available, make the move. Trade a 2021 4th and a 2022 5th round pick for this guy. He has two years left on his deal at 14M total.

These three moves gives the Bengals a ton of versatility along the offensive line as injuries do happen and Jonah Williams has been a durability issue to this point.

Going into the draft:
Reiff LT
Williams RT/G
Havenstein RT
Feiler G/RT
S'ua-Filo G
Price C/G
Hopkins C
Adeniji T

WR:

The Bengals can and should restructure Boyd which gives him the same money but saves about 4M on his cap number.

Going into the draft:
Boyd
Higgins
Williams
Tate
Morgan
Thomas

TE:
Going into the draft:
Sample
Wilcox

Defense:

Defensive Line

Sign Romeo Okwara DE 4/48M
He is a 25 year old DE that has improved a ton. He had a huge season last year rushing the passer.

Okwara
Lawson
Casey
Reader
Hubbard
Tupua
Wren
Kareem

LB:

Wilson
Davis-Gaither
Pratt
Bailey
Evans

CB:
With the restructure of Boyd, release of Gio and not re-signing Huber, I made it happen. Jackson III re-signed for 3 years/36M

Going into the draft
Waynes
Jackson III
Conley
Phillips
Alexander
Rose

S:
Bates I also extended Bates for 5 years/50M
Bell
Wilson

LS Harris

Bengals draft:
Bengals trade #5 to Den for 9 and 40
Den selects Trey Lance QB

#9 Bengals select Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
Bengals trade back and still get an elite weapon for Joe Burrow. Denver would be the sweet spot to trade back if Cincinnati were to be able to address all these areas as I have through trade and free agency. With projecting the 4 QB's off the board and Sewell that would mean at least (maybe more) 1 of Smith, Chase, Pitts or Waddle would be available at 9.

#40 Bengals select Alim McNeill DT NC State

#69 Creed Hunphrey, C, Oklahoma
Bengals draft insurance for the center position but he is also able to play guard. More positional flexibility added to the OL.

#111 traded for Havenstein

#150 Trill Williams, CB, Syracuse
Athletic CB that needs development.

UDFA: Max Duffy, P, Kentucky

QB:
Burrow
Allen

RB:
Mixon
Burkhead
Williams
Perine

OL
Reiff LT
Williams LG/T
Havenstein RT
Feiler RG/T
S'ua-Filo G
Humphrey C/G
Price C/G
Hopkins C
Adeniji T

WR:
Boyd
Higgins
Waddle
Williams
Tate
Thomas
Morgan

TE:
Freiermuth
Uzomah
Sample
Wilcox

DL:
Lawson
Casey
Reader
Hubbard
Tupua
Wren
Okwara
Kareem
McNeill

LB:
Wilson
Davis-Gaither
Pratt
Bailey
Evans

CB:
Waynes
Jackson III
Conley
Phillips
Alexander
Williams

S:
Bates
Bell
Wilson
Thompson

P: Duffy
K: McPherson 

Also the line item labeled "contingency and draft" bakes in the draft pick pay and 6 million in rollover. So really the Bengals are roughly 7 million still under the cap in this model.
Reply/Quote
Starters:

Reply/Quote
No way the Bengals could pull a good, cheap RT in Havenstein away from Rams for just a 2021 4th and 2022 5th.
You're gonna have to give them AT LEAST a 2nd rounder.

EDIT - I thought Havenstein was younger and cheaper than he actually is. However, I still think he's worth more than 2021 4th and 2022 5th. But if LAR need to free up cap space, they may be willing to part with him for lower than I think he's worth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No way the Bengals could pull a good, cheap RT in Havenstein away from Rams for just a 2021 4th and 2022 5th.
The rams are still 25 mill over the cap and are gonna have to make some more moves so ya never know.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 08:06 PM)pulses Wrote: The rams are still 25 mill over the cap and are gonna have to make some more moves so ya never know.

Doubt they'd move someone that cheap over one of the overpriced veterans.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 09:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Doubt they'd move someone that cheap over one of the overpriced veterans.

I read an article somewhere last week where they thought he would be moved. They thought the rams had enough depth behind him to let him go. So we'll see.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No way the Bengals could pull a good, cheap RT in Havenstein away from Rams for just a 2021 4th and 2022 5th.

1 year of LT Trent Williams who is regarded as a much better tackle and plays on the the left side as opposed to the right side went for a 5th and next year third just last off-season so this valuation should be closer than that of a 2nd round pick. Havenstein graded out poorly in 2019. PFF had him as 74th/81 tackles. He bounced back last season and had a good year. He does have 2 years left on his deal but as I said has been in consistent which is why they might consider moving him in the first place.

Also, considering the salary cap situation for most teams this off-season is making draft picks more valuable this year than in a normal year.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 09:26 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: 1 year of LT Trent Williams who is regarded as a much better tackle and plays on the the left side as opposed to the right side went for a 5th and next year third just last off-season so this valuation should be closer than that of a 2nd round pick. Havenstein graded out poorly in 2019. PFF had him as 74th/81 tackles. He bounced back last season and had a good year. He does have 2 years left on his deal but as I said has been in consistent which is why they might consider moving him in the first place.

Trent Williams was in the final year of his contract whereas Havenstein has two years and is four years younger than Williams.
That's why I think he would fetch more than what you said.
Maybe you're right though. We won't ever know unless/until he's traded.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 09:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Trent Williams was in the final year of his contract whereas Havenstein has two years and is four years younger than Williams.
That's why I think he would fetch more than what you said.
Maybe you're right though. We won't ever know unless/until he's traded.

Also, considering the salary cap situation for most teams this off-season is making draft picks more valuable this year than in a normal year so teams are going to be less likely to use picks to trade for a guy unless he is a huge difference maker. I could be wrong but I feel like I am close.
Reply/Quote

Apparently the Rams are shopping Rob Havenstein and it's looking like for a day 3 pick.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/rams-right-tackle-rob-havenstein-available-via-trade-could-pique-bengals-interest
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Mackenzie Alexander is a must sign imo.. He brought alot of character and attitude to the defense. I like him.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 05:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Apparently the Rams are shopping Rob Havenstein and it's looking like for a day 3 pick.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/rams-right-tackle-rob-havenstein-available-via-trade-could-pique-bengals-interest

I did see that news this morning but I didn't (and still don't) see anything about looking like a Day 3 pick.
From the article you linked, it doesn't say what compensation they are seeking, just that AllBengals tossed out the idea of a Day 3 pick.
When I click on the tweet by Chad Forbes, it doesn't say anything about expected compensation.

If it happens though for a Day 3 pick, I stand corrected and admit I was wrong.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Good and cheap?

I see a cap hit of 8.3 mil for this year. And he is in the conversation because they don’t like the way he has been playing. He may be the Rams version of Bobby Hart. Expect at some point he was actually good.

I take that back. Guess I’m stuck in the past. He sucked in 2019 because of a knee injury. Apparently he bounced back and played well last year after an offseason training at Whits house...
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 09:12 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Good and cheap?

I see a cap hit of 8.3 mil for this year. And he is in the conversation because they don’t like the way he has been playing. He may be the Rams version of Bobby Hart. Expect at some point he was actually good.

I take that back. Guess I’m stuck in the past. He sucked in 2019 because of a knee injury. Apparently he bounced back and played well last year after an offseason training at Whits house...

Good in both 2020 and 2018. Havenstein was the 14th rated OT on PFF. Bengals OTs were 44 and 49. He's not quite as young as I thought, but he's not a high expense. I don't consider $8.3 mill very high for a good RT.

With that said, if they are actively trying to move him, they may be willing to take lower than they think he's worth just to get his salary off the books.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 09:35 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Also, considering the salary cap situation for most teams this off-season is making draft picks more valuable this year than in a normal year so teams are going to be less likely to use picks to trade for a guy unless he is a huge difference maker. I could be wrong but I feel like I am close.

I think you may be right
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 10:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Good in both 2020 and 2018. Havenstein was the 14th rated OT on PFF. Bengals OTs were 44 and 49. He's not quite as young as I thought, but he's not a high expense. I don't consider $8.3 mill very high for a good RT.

With that said, if they are actively trying to move him, they may be willing to take lower than they think he's worth just to get his salary off the books.

I'd be all over this. I thought he had two bad years in a row. He is a mammoth human being. I thought his body may have reached the limit ala Cordy Glenn. But if Whit is over here teaching him longevity secrets and he is bounced all the way back from the knee that hurt him in 2019 that makes me want him really bad.
Reply/Quote
I have spent the last month or so looking at the Bengals offseason and the draft in depth since I have mostly been stuck at home. During that time, I have looked at other teams salary caps and their situations and I have read through a lot of other teams message boards to get a feel on their own cap casualties including the consensus of what they think their teams might or should do.

With that said, I have come to some conclusions:

1. For a lot of teams, the salary cap isn't going to be as restrictive as many think. The truth is due to restructuring and assuming the cap increases a healthy amount in 2022, most fans and teams are not panicked. There are some teams that it is clearly going to hamper to some extent but overall it appears to be a lesser deal than it has been out to be.
2. Draft picks are somewhat more valuable as a whole this season for many teams. Part of the reason the cap isn't as big of a problem as it could be is filling in roster spots with draft picks. With that said, each pick takes on a bit more value as to what each team can do with the constructs of their team.
3. Cincinnati is in a really good position in terms of the cap but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Currently over the cap has the Bengals sitting at 37.6 million under the cap.
Cincinnati Bengals Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

Cincinnati generally leaves about 10 million in contingency and their draft pick signing is estimated to be around 9.6 million.

The Bengals can save around 4.8 million by restructing Boyd's contract.

Then through potential cuts or trade of a number of players they can save more.
Atkins, Bernard, Hart, Finney, Uzomah, etc. They could even post June 1 cut Waynes and save 10.8 million more if they so chose.

In theory, they could get all the way down to 96.5 million in cap space if they wanted to do that with 29 players under contract. If one considers adding 7 players in the draft for about 10 million that makes the 53 man roster and the 10 million roster contingency that would leave roughly 76 million to fill in the rest of the roster on this years cap. Even more important than that is they would have 148 million for the 2022 season. Money that can be pushed into next season through signing bonuses etc. My point here is the Bengals are in really great shape.

I am now going to revisit point number 3. The fact that this doesn't mean that much. Part of free agency involves recruiting players and the Bengals simply don't have a ton to sell to a free agent. History of losing, no practice bubble, etc etc. This causes Cincinnati to have to vastly overpay a top tier free agent to come in to town.

With that in mind, in my opinion the real key to next season is what happens before the new league year, instead of after the new league year. Over the next couple of weeks, Cincinnati needs to exploit their salary cap advantage and pick up a few players via trade specifically on the offensive line. I know a lot of people think draft a OT with 5 and then draft a guard in the 2nd through 4th and then sign Thuney in free agency and everything is fixed but rookie offensive linemen tend to struggle. Cesar Ruiz was the top IOL last draft and he struggled for the Saints. Two rookies and potentially Price in the starting OL could potentially look worse than what they had last season.

4. Cincinnati should use both their 7th round picks and potentially some roster guys to bolster their offensive line.

Here are a some guys I researched who are likely or could possibly be cap casualties.

Tackles

LT Reilly Reiff, Vikings, age 33 season
He is slated to make 11,750,00 next season in the last year of his deal. An extension to 3 year deal at 12 to 13 million per could probably be worked and fair market value. The cap hit could be arranged to be around 7m for this season.

Trade possibilities: 7th round pick, Geno Atkins (Zimmer reunion) and they need IDL help, or maybe they take Fred Johnson for a young cheap OL guy with some experience in exchange.

RT Ricky Wagner, Packers, age 32 season
The Packers are one such team that is going to have to make some tough cuts and it appears that Wagner could be among them. He played really well last season for the Packers and is on the last year of his deal. He is only slated to make $4,250,000 in 2021 and that is solid value for what he can do.

Trade possibilities: 7th round pick, a Gio trade matches up really well here as he would fit their system well and they need a solid tailback, or maybe they take Fred Johnson for a young cheap OL guy with some experience in exchange.

RT Rob Havenstein, Rams, age 29 season
I don't think he would be a straight up cut but I have seen where they might be interested in trading him. He will leverage more than a 7th round pick as he has 2 affordable years left on his deal and he performed well last season for the Rams bouncing back from a not so good 2019 campaign. He is slated to make $6,750,000 in 2021 and $7,250,000 in 2022.
Trade possibilities: My suggestion would be a 4th round this season and a 5th round pick in 2022 but I don't know for certain what it would take.

Other possible tackles:

Trenton Brown (Raiders) 14 million
Bobbie Massey (Bears) signed for 3 more years for 8m per
Nate Soldier (Giants) opted out last season and could potentially retire
none I would be particularly interested in

Guards:

Justin Pugh, Cardinals, Age 31 season
Arizona has a cap crunch and he has 2 years left at 9.2 million and 10 million.
He is a possible cut but more likely to stay than not in my opinion. Really solid in the pass blocking department.

Kevin Zeitler, Giants, Age 31 season
He has 1 year left on his deal for 12 million. I feel like he gets extended but he could be available.

Couple other possibilities

Gabe Jackson, Raiders, age 30
He has 2 years left on his deal at 9.6 million per, none of which is guaranteed.

Richie Incognito, Raiders, age 38
He comes in at 5.6 million.

Defensively, there are a few guys worth a look also.

DT Jurrell Casey, Broncos
DT Akeim Hicks, Bears
DE Derek Barnett, Eagles
Reply/Quote