Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SF wises up on homeless policy
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/major-us-city-rethinks-liberal-homeless-policy

Well after years of poor policy that Newsome agreed with SF is no longer going to provide free housing without passing a drug test. This is one more example of how bad policy decision years ago by Newsome and others has made SF a literal shit hole.

SF has the highest homeless population of any city in the US.
Crushed by the weight of human nature and the harsh light of reality, San Francisco – a city in a state that astonishingly contains nearly 50% of the entire U.S.’s street homeless population, while only making up 12% of the population – is finally waking up to the failures of its "Housing First" approach to homelessness
California Gov. Gavin Newsom said in 2008 when he was mayor of San Francisco, "We believe… shelters solve sleep, and that housing solves homelessness."

The misguided notion that providing free housing with no strings attached would solve homelessness has been debunked time and time again. Cities like Austin have seen a surge in homelessness, despite liberal policies aimed at providing housing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Crushed by the weight of human nature and the harsh light of reality, San Francisco – a city in a state that astonishingly contains nearly 50% of the entire U.S.’s street homeless population, while only making up 12% of the population

I'm confused.

How can SanFran "contain" 50% of the street population while only making up 12% of it?
Or 12% of what population--total of CA, the US? Only 12% of the homeless there are SanFran residents?

Fox can't be wrong. How am I misreading this?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:25 PM)Dill Wrote: I'm confused.

How can SanFran "contain" 50% of the street population while only making up 12% of it?
Or 12% of what population--total of CA, the US? Only 12% of the homeless there are SanFran residents?

If your goal is to prove Fox wrong, by all means provide factual information this statement is not correct. The internet is full of answers for you.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If your goal is to prove Fox wrong, by all means provide factual information this statement is not correct. The internet is full of answers for you.

My goal was to get an answer to my question.

I don't understand what the statement says. Perhaps I have misread it.

You posted the article. Do YOU understand how San Francisco contains 50% of the US homeless population while containing only 12% of it?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:25 PM)Dill Wrote: I'm confused.

is it saying San Fran is a City in the State of CA and CA that has 50% the use homeless pop of the US while the state itself only makes up 12% of the US population.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:23 PM)Dill Wrote: My goal was to get an answer to my question.

I don't understand what the statement says. Perhaps I have misread it.

You posted the article. Do YOU understand how San Francisco contains 50% of the US homeless population while containing only 12% of it?

Ya it’s not worded in as way that makes sense to me either.

I’m guessing it’s saying there are two numbers….the amount of homeless and the amount of homeless that live on the street.

SF has 12% of the countries overall homeless but accounts for 50% of those homeless that live on the street (and not in a shelter)

However I’m too lazy to fact check for accuracy
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Here's the odd thing about the homeless and the bay area. The weather there absolutely sucks. It's always cold and overcast, even the summer can be frequently cold. So why are they there?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is it saying San Fran is a City in the State of CA and CA that has 50% the use homeless pop of the US while the state itself only makes up 12% of the US population.

Ok thanks. "City IN a state that has 50%." Now I get it. 

Knew it had to be my mistake.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:20 PM)Dill Wrote: Ok thanks. "City IN a state that has 50%." Now I get it. 

Knew it had to be my mistake.

It took me a few reads too. 

Numbers still are probably off though, CA probably has closer to 1/3 of the homeless population
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:44 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It took me a few reads too. 

Numbers still are probably off though, CA probably has closer to 1/3 of the homeless population
https://shou.senate.ca.gov/sites/shou.senate.ca.gov/files/Homelessness%20in%20CA%202020%20Numbers.pdf

This was back in 2020, it seems they were saying 50% of unsheltered people in the US?

Very confusing, but point of thread was SF is finally making an attempt to fix it.

Total Homeless People on a Single Night in January 2020:

 California had 161,548 homeless people, which accounted for 28% of the nation’s homeless population.
California also had the highest rate of unsheltered people at 70.4% (113,660 were unsheltered).
More than half of all unsheltered people in the country were in California (51%).
 California had the largest increase in homelessness from 2019-2020, which amounted to 10,270 more people
(a 6.8% increase). It also had the second largest increase from 2007-2020 (28,670 people or a 45.8%
increase)

Reply/Quote
Then there is this and it looks closer to the Fox data from 2022

https://calmatters.org/newsletters/whatmatters/2022/12/california-homeless-count-2/
The numbers are in, and they’re grim.

California accounted for 30% of the country’s homeless population in 2022, despite making up less than 12% of the total population, according to federal data released Monday. It was also home to 50% of the country’s unsheltered people, or those living in places such as streets, cars or parks.

Reply/Quote