Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacer Best Sim Yet...I'm stopping on this one
This draft got one of my lowest scores, but I absolutely love it. Traded down in 1st initially to get Ross, traded back in to 1st to get Robinson. Thoughts?

Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): John Ross, WR, Washington (A-)
Round 1 Pick 25 (HOU): Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (B-)
Round 2 Pick 20 (CLE): Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State (B)
Round 4 Pick 9: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma (B)
Round 5 Pick 9: Elijah Lee, OLB, Kansas State (D+)
Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (B)
Round 6 Pick 9: Brandon Wilson, CB, Houston (B-)
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss (B-)
Round 7 Pick 9: Ifeadi Odenigbo, DE, Northwestern ©
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Chase Roullier, C, Wyoming (C+

Computer really hates Elijah Lee and I have no idea why. Very athletic LB with a lot of game experience. Brandon Wilson just ran a 4.3 at their pro day and jumped a ridiculous 41 inches.

Odenigbo is going to be a good pro....has excellent pass rush and is just now starting to reach his physical potential.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, i am with you, absolutely love it. Get my favorite WR, a very good tested OL, my favorite 2nd round DE,
the truck of a RB that is really flying up my board, steals in Wilson, Odenigbo and Roullier who i really like.

The only problems with Roullier is the smaller college in Wyoming and his short arms.

But he just dominated that conference for years.

Great mock to end it SHRacer, great mock. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I could definitely live with this draft, though I'd prefer to avoid a tackle early in a talent-poor draft for tackles. I'd much rather have a Zach Cunningham who could be a 10 year starter at SLB in that spot. Then the Lee pick could be used on one of the project tackles like Bisnotaway or the kid from Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 02:57 AM)pledgi Wrote: I could definitely live with this draft, though I'd prefer to avoid a tackle early in a talent-poor draft for tackles.  I'd much rather have a Zach Cunningham who could be a 10 year starter at SLB in that spot.  Then the Lee pick could be used on one of the project tackles like Bisnotaway or the kid from Buffalo.

No offense, but you would rather take a LB when we have Minter, Burfict, and Vigil ahead of him and we play 70% of formations with two LBs?

I would much rather have a guy that can fight (and likely win) the LT spot or become an All-Pro at Guard.  We are hitching our wagon to Ced and praying he works out, which is a scary strategy for a position as important as LT, but what if he gets injured?  He hasn't stayed healthy in either of his two seasons.  Who plays LT if he is injured?  Competition and depth is badly needed here.  
Reply/Quote
I can't help myself...did another: Pretty similar.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): John Ross, WR, Washington (A-)
Round 1 Pick 28 (DAL): Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (B-)
Round 2 Pick 7 (NYJ): Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 6 (NYJ): Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah (B+)
Round 4 Pick 9: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Jon Toth, C, Kentucky (C-)
Round 5 Pick 9: Samson Ebukam, OLB, Eastern Washington (D+)
Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Brandon Wilson, CB, Houston (C+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Pita Taumoepenu, OLB, Utah ©
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Jerry Ugokwe, OT, William & Mary (C+)
Reply/Quote
While I don't dislike any of the players we got, how do we not lose a pick in any of rounds 1-4 while picking up an extra 1st?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 09:14 AM)bengalsdude Wrote: While I don't dislike any of the players we got, how do we not lose a pick in any of rounds 1-4 while picking up an extra 1st?

I slid in Rd 1 and gained an additional 2nd rounder, which I traded to move back in to the first round.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 08:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No offense, but you would rather take a LB when we have Minter, Burfict, and Vigil ahead of him and we play 70% of formations with two LBs?

I would much rather have a guy that can fight (and likely win) the LT spot or become an All-Pro at Guard.  We are hitching our wagon to Ced and praying he works out, which is a scary strategy for a position as important as LT, but what if he gets injured?  He hasn't stayed healthy in either of his two seasons.  Who plays LT if he is injured?  Competition and depth is badly needed here.  

Cunningham would be a huge upgrade on Vigil and Minter both and the Bengals seem prepared to live or die with their tackles from two years ago.  
Reply/Quote