Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Guess On The Bengals Big Board
(04-26-2017, 02:24 PM)lbrown41017 Wrote: Yeah I do believe that Foster may be leading candidate with Ross close second. He can arguably become a best player out of this draft class. I do believe Lap feels that he will be gone at 9, I tend to disagree. I believe both will be available; if the phone doesn't ring, it'll be up to them to decide defense or offense first. Seems like a strong two they've narrowed it down to.

I don't see Foster being gone by 9 either.

Don't know why Lap thinks that especially after his combine and the failed drug test. Foster is a great sideline to sideline
backer that can hit hard, but there are a lot of concerns with the guy. He is small, lowers head far to often when making
tackles and doesn't make gamechanging plays.

Would much rather Reddick at 9 if we are going LB, as McC says, he can do it all. Cover, rush the passer, make plays etc.

He is not undersized either like Foster is.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't see Foster being gone by 9 either.

Don't know why Lap thinks that especially after his combine and the failed drug test. Foster is a great sideline to sideline
backer that can hit hard, but there are a lot of concerns with the guy. He is small, lowers head far to often when making
tackles and doesn't make gamechanging plays.

Would much rather Reddick at 9 if we are going LB, as McC says, he can do it all. Cover, rush the passer, make plays etc.

He is not undersized either like Foster is.

I can see your point, I do feel like foster has a wild nose for the ball, would be amazing run support with Burfict this season and make that impact.
I'm not going to argue against Reddick; would have no qualms against him wearing orange and black.

Not accounting for speculation on illness diluted sample etc. He did come in quite a few pounds underweight; I believe every NFL exec mentioned it. The tackle form can be easily fixed, and 8-10 pounds would have him right on par with Reddick and rest of class. Bulking up wouldn't be too much of an order.

Will be interesting to see how things go tomorrow night, good points.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:28 AM)lbrown41017 Wrote: I do believe it would be a bit of a reach for reddick @ 9; that being said I do agree with your evaluation. What I really like about Hasson is the CB experience he has prior to bulking up has given him a leg up. He has no issue with being a standup line backer, as well has a great nose for the ball.

Wow.  I didn't know a bout the Cb thing.  Thanks.   And you're right.  That experience would be a definite asset.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 02:24 PM)lbrown41017 Wrote: Yeah I do believe that Foster may be leading candidate with Ross close second. He can arguably become a best player out of this draft class. I do believe Lap feels that he will be gone at 9, I tend to disagree. I believe both will be available; if the phone doesn't ring, it'll be up to them to decide defense or offense first. Seems like a strong two they've narrowed it down to.

I don't think we are even interested in Foster in Round 1 at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 07:51 PM)McC Wrote: Wow.  I didn't know a bout the Cb thing.  Thanks.   And you're right.  That experience would be a definite asset.

I just watched him as a pass rusher and going into pass coverage at Temple.

Makes me really want the guy at 9. Reddick or Ross sounds like the best 2 players for us IMHO a day before day 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 07:51 PM)McC Wrote: Wow.  I didn't know a bout the Cb thing.  Thanks.   And you're right.  That experience would be a definite asset.

Yeah I believe Mr. Reddick's journey started as a walk on CB; definitely has the work ethic thing down.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 08:14 PM)pulses Wrote: I don't think we are even interested in Foster in Round 1 at all.

I mean there are some good chances that they've moved him down their board. I do see that he can be a bit indecisive at times when reading the play. All in all he does have some natural ability; as mentioned if he bulks up, could be a real force to recon with in the NFL. Many believe that he will be a future all pro, possibly one of the top 5 to come out of class.

Regardless if we have interest or not, someone could get a steal in the first round.
Reply/Quote