Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX 11.0 FINAL Drop the mic draft!!!
I was able to secure a trade back to #17 to a desperate Giants team. I believe the Bengals are not going QB (at least in Rd 1) and I loved how this draft played out.

Round 1 Pick 17 (NYG): Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson (B+)

The old "planet theory": There are very few men like this on the planet. A lot of the best defenses have a beast like this in the middle. They don't get the attention the sexy outside rushers do, but they are critical to the overall success of the defense and with Geno next to him, and a combination of Lawson, Hubbard, and Willis on his right, the defense might FINALLY be able to generate some pressure with the front four.

Round 2 Pick 5 (NYG): Noah Fant, TE, Iowa (A+)

Thrilled he slid to this pick attained from the trade. He opens up the middle of the field to poke holes in the defense. Freak athlete with great hands. He will not only provide long term insurance behind Eifert, but immediately gives the Bengals a ridiculous armory of weapons. Dalton is drooling.

Round 2 Pick 10: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State (B-)

They like his versatility and think he can play both LT and RT. He will need some coaching, but like Howard, very few men on the planet have his size, strength, and fluid mobility.

Round 3 Pick 8: Germaine Pratt, OLB, NC State (B+)

Tackling machine. Might not jump as high or run the 40 as fast as Bush and White, but great instincts and didn't have elite talent around him like the other two did.

Round 4 Pick 6 (NYG): Max Scharping, OT, N. Illinois (A)

Develomental pick that has the ceiling of a long-term solution at RT and a floor of a solid NFL Guard.

Round 4 Pick 8: David Long Jr, ILB/OLB, West Virginia (B-)

Most underrated player in the draft. This ILB has sideline to sideline range like no other in the draft. Not as big as most NFL inside backers, but the game is changing and this guy will be a great way to adapt along with it. A natural leader as well. High-character guy. I love him.

Round 5 Pick 11: Darius Slayton, WR, Auburn (A+)

Played on a horrible offense, and was limited in his opportunities, but a real hidden talent.

Round 6 Pick 10: John Cominsky, DE, University of Charleston (A+)

Hubbard 2.0. Love this guy's toughness and athleticism.

Round 6 Pick 25: Mark Fields, CB, Clemson (A)

If he got to play every game, he might have been a first round corner. Great speed and agility. Perfect scenario to let him learn behind WJIII and push Dre.

Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Trevon Wesco, TE, West Virginia (A-)

One of the best blocking TEs that offers some H-back flexibility. Takes pride in destroying his targets.

Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Dontavius Russell, DT, Auburn (A+)

No way is he here...someone made a mistake, but I gladly took him since he was here.

Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Kerrith Whyte, Jr, RB, FAU (A-)

Very underrated prospect with great speed and decent hands out of the backfield.

Round 7 Pick 9: Maxx Crosby, DE, E. Michigan (A+)

Developmental depth at DE. Fits our 4-3 perfectly. Could surprise.

My absolute fav mock thus far, so I won't be doing another one....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love the first two picks. Some may say you didn’t address LB’er early nuff. I disagree. Having a 340lbs stud playing next to future-hall-a-famer Geno will consume blockers keeping no Guards or center from getting to second level. We maybe surprised by the improvement in our LB’ers if they aren’t getting blocked by OL. Also, like doubling at positions of need Long/Platt and two OTs.
Would have liked to a different RB and for the Bengals to select another QB to pressure Driskel to get better or lose his job. But, all in, I’d really like it if it turned out this way.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 11:47 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Love the first two picks. Some may say you didn’t address LB’er early nuff. I disagree. Having a 340lbs stud playing next to future-hall-a-famer Geno will consume blockers keeping no Guards or center from getting to second level. We maybe surprised by the improvement in our LB’ers if they aren’t getting blocked by OL. Also, like doubling at positions of need Long/Platt and two OTs.
Would have liked to a different RB and for the Bengals to select another QB to pressure Driskel to get better or lose his job. But, all in, I’d really like it if it turned out this way.

I thought long and hard about another QB, but for this offense, and because of the players that were still available that can help our team now (let's face it, if Dalton goes down, we aren't going anywhere) that I passed on some prospective QBs.  

Heck, I would like to get McCarron back 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote