Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX 2019 Mock 1.0
I know I went a little LB crazy, but competition improves the breed and I want this unit to start playing up to standards.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11: White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A-): The guy I wanted all along. Fierce, Fast, Instinctive, and a hard ass.

Round 2 Pick 10: Adams, Trey, OT, Washington (B): A guy that doesn't get pushed, plain and simple. Our RT for the next decade.

Round 3 Pick 8: Walker, D'Andre, OLB, Georgia (A): We have to draft a player from Georgia each year, right? Well, I like his aggressiveness and his ability to stuff outside rushes. Fast and instinctive.

Round 4 Pick 8: Hodge, Kalhil, ILB, Buffalo (A): When he was still on the board, I had to take him.

Round 5 Pick 11: Gentry, Zach, TE, Michigan (A+): Not known for his blocking, but certainly capable at it and a huge catch radius. Can stretch down the seam or simply power down quickly (something he does quite well), turn and catch the ball for a 10 yard gain. Move the sticks. Great hands, except for one game.

Round 6 Pick 10: Rypien, Brett, QB, Boise State (A+): Developmental Qb that has the smarts and athleticism. Kind of like a younger Dalton.

Round 6 Pick 25: Boykin, Miles, WR, Notre Dame (A+): Missed him earlier in Rd 6. Couldn't believe when he was still available. Think a (very) poor mans Michael Thomas. Huge catch radius and great hands. Uses his big frame well.

Round 7 Pick 9: Robinson, Rashad, CB, James Madison (A+); Speed merchant with surprising ball skills.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not bad overall. You're right, a little heavy on LB's, and (imo) a little weak on OL. But I really like your first 2 rds.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Racer, Adams is staying in school. Between the other LBs you took, I'd rather have Hodge, so in Rd3 maybe go with a DB or DL there. Love the Gentry pick very athletic and is flippin huge. He doesn't move like frankenstein either.
Reply/Quote
If you could get McGary at Rd2 10 it would be a good swap. LB is a bit heavy for my taste, also think a CB has to be in play somewhere (Earlier than the 7th).
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 03:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Racer, Adams is staying in school. Between the other LBs you took, I'd rather have Hodge, so in Rd3 maybe go with a DB or DL there. Love the Gentry pick very athletic and is flippin huge. He doesn't move like frankenstein either.

Wow.  I'm shocked.  I looked at him as a possible steal due to his injuries the past two seasons.  He is way better than Kolton Miller, who went #15 last year.  
Reply/Quote
I definitely do not mind this mock, but my only concern is CB not taken until R7. Do you believe we will see Dennard back in the stripes this year Racer?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:40 AM)Takedown Wrote: I definitely do not mind this mock, but my only concern is CB not taken until R7. Do you believe we will see Dennard back in the stripes this year Racer?

I am fairly certain they will lock him down.  He is their best slot corner and can play outside when Dre inevitably goes down at some point of the season.  
Reply/Quote