Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX 2022 Mock 2.0
Ok, now that we know who a lot of our FAs are (very happy they got Flowers back), I went ahead and did another mock on first-pick.com.

There are still a lot of players out there that would never be available when I saw them, so I tried to be realistic and only take guys that have a legitimate shot at being there. Make one trade back in Rd 1.

Your score is: 49778 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 10 (IND): Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (A)- Thrilled he was still there at the top of Rd 2. I see a lot of Carlton Davis in him, and they are both Auburn guys that are well-coached and face tough competition.

Round 2 Pick 31: Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati (A-)- Really surprised he was there, but more and more mocks are showing him in the latter part of rd 2. Have no idea why, but he can play any WR position and is great depth, plus insurance should the Bengals not be able to sign Higgins.

Round 3 Pick 9 (IND): Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut (A); More of a NT in the NFL, but played mostly 3T for UCONN. Not much of a football factory, but he stood out on tape. Love his toughness, although he does tend to wait until he is really needed before making a big play. That being said, when he wants to, he can't be stopped.

Round 3 Pick 31: Christian Harris, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A+): Not sure his projection, but excellent versatility and depth at the LB position. Rangy with great sideline pursuit and coverage skills.

Round 4 Pick 31: Bryan Cook, FS/SS, Cincinnati (A+): I think Cook was one of the most underrated pieces of that outstanding UC defense. Can play both spots and has great toughness/competitiveness.

Round 5 Pick 31: Montaric Brown, CB, Arkansas (A+)- Shifty athlete that can hold up outside

Round 6 Pick 30: Cameron Latu, TE, Alabama (A+); Solid athlete with a good attitude and drive

Round 7 Pick 5: Chris Owens, C/OG, Alabama (A): Someone said this guy might not be coming out?

Round 7 Pick 31: Pierre Strong Jr., RB, South Dakota State (A+): Small school stud with big time production

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love ya Racer, but honestly this wouldn't be my favorite draft. I do like the 2 UC picks though.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 11:15 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Love ya Racer, but honestly this wouldn't be my favorite draft. I do like the 2 UC picks though.

Agree not my favorite either.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 11:15 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Love ya Racer, but honestly this wouldn't be my favorite draft. I do like the 2 UC picks though.

Well, thanks, but what do you want to see and who didn't you like?  That's what I was hoping for on players and when I selected them.

I know it isn't sexy, but I thought I hit good value on players that are good fits from an athleticism, character (from what I can surmise), toughness, and team-player?

I'm not saying bow down and kiss my feet, but let me know who you didn't like and why?  Maybe who you would rather have?  Love that discussion now :)
Reply/Quote
I really like the first 4 rounds. Starting with the 5th round I'm not as familiar with those players. But, last I heard back in January, Latu was returning to Alabama.
Reply/Quote
I think Jones, DT in round 3 would be a steal.

Pick 31 is interesting at this point as I keep reading mock-pro experts state there are a lot of a talented CBs in this draft, yet it is an overall weak CB pool in terms of no elite talent available at pick 31 compared to the available WRs, for example. Thus, is a CB at pick 31 a reach? The result very well might be a trade back as you mocked.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your 2.0 mock.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, thanks, but what do you want to see and who didn't you like?  That's what I was hoping for on players and when I selected them.

I know it isn't sexy, but I thought I hit good value on players that are good fits from an athleticism, character (from what I can surmise), toughness, and team-player?

I'm not saying bow down and kiss my feet, but let me know who you didn't like and why?  Maybe who you would rather have?  Love that discussion now :)

I'm not high on McCreary. He reminds me of a smaller Kirkpatrick, only with shorter arms. Just my opinion.
I would rather see Kyler Gordon taken.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 12:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think Jones, DT in round 3 would be a steal.

Pick 31 is interesting at this point as I keep reading mock-pro experts state there are a lot of a talented CBs in this draft, yet it is an overall weak CB pool in terms of no elite talent available at pick 31 compared to the available WRs, for example. Thus, is a CB at pick 31 a reach? The result very well might be a trade back as you mocked.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your 2.0 mock.

Thanks, yeah, I struggled with that one and McCreary might not be a Bengal due to his shorter arms.  The WRs at 31 in this SIM weren't real strong values.  

I like McCreary a lot, but I try and do these close to what I see the Bengals as believing and where they see value.  On these SIMs, after the first 50 picks it is really a crapshoot.  It's like everyone knows some semblance of the top 50 players, but then there are guys that are surely day 2 targets that are still there in Rd 7.  I try to avoid taking them because I don't think it is realistic.  

I might try PFFs mock site.  See if it is more accurate for later rounds.  
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 12:11 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not high on McCreary. He reminds me of a smaller Kirkpatrick, only with shorter arms. Just my opinion.
I would rather see Kyler Gordon taken.

Gordon was there and I love that guy but I really question that slow run on such a fast track. Then unwilling to run again at Pro Day.  Fearing an injury.  He could end up being a huge bargain for someone if he is healthy and he just doesn't know the proper start, technique, etc. but that injury thing really scares me.  

McCreary does  have short arms and that might make him not a Bengal.  I took him because he was still there in Rd 2 after trading back and acquiring an additional third rounder.  
Reply/Quote