Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Fanspeak Mock
 NOTE:  There were NO OTs available early that were even remotely considered a good value.

11: R1P11  
LB DEVIN WHITE
LSU

Ok, this is my guy.  We need a tough, fiery badass to lead this defense.  I am putting him at WILL backer (more on that later).  I would call him one of the safest picks in the draft...played in a pro-set defense, played against elite talent, and was a big reason the LSU defense was as stellar as it was (now, about that offense....)

42: R2P10  
WR N'KEAL HARRY
ARIZONA STATE

Michael Thomas 2..0.  Couldn't believe he was there.  Fell down a flight of stairs as I sprinted to the podium to make this call.  The IDEAL X-receiver.  I love his toughness on contested catches.  If you don't put your best CB that is also your most physical and tallest, he will just nickel and dime your ass 10 yards at a time.  If you do put that CB on him, Green will destroy you.  Ross is still going to be a big part of this new offense, but he will be more slot and motion.  

72: R3P8  
S AMANI HOOKER
IOWA

True ball-hawking, tackling, pass-defending, versatile weapon that can do virtually anything.  He pushes Williams for the starting role, but can play just about any position and I think would be the future at SS for the Bengals.

110: R4P8  
G BEAU BENZSCHAWEL
WISCONSIN

Save the "not all Wisconsin linemen are good" speech.  I like the way this guy finishes and plays very disciplined.  He's a truck at 6'6" and 325 lbs.  Not much bad weight.  

150: R5P11  
OT ULUI LAPUAHO
BYU

Injuries are the only reason he slid this far...also because of injuries has limited experience but a prototypical RT and I like his character and drive.  I think he would win the RT spot on this team.  

185: R6P10  
LB DAVID LONG
WEST VIRGINIA

Rattlesnake-fast striker that would be our MIKE backer for a long time.  Fast, can cover, but also a lethal hitter.  He is sliding to this round due to his height (5'11") and he is only about 230 lbs, but that is almost the same size as Odell Thurman and this guy doesn't have the headaches.  Could also play nickel LB with White.  Versatile and fast.  Speed and ferocity will be the new MO of the defense. 

201: R6P26  
EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU
TEXAS

The Bengals can't help themselves with giant DEs, and Charles is the classic underachiever.  Has great potential and the Bengals can't pass up on him here.  A Michael Johnson clone.  

212: R6P37  
CB XAVIER CRAWFORD
CENTRAL MICHIGAN

A late transfer from Oregon State, he graduated in just three years.  Developmental CB with all the tools and nose for the ball. 

214: R6P39  
RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE

With Mark Walton possibly gone, this RB doesn't have eye-popping measurables, but can do it all a la Sexy Rex Burkhead. 

216: R6P41  
QB TRACE MCSORLEY
PENN STATE

A (very) poor-man's Baker Mayfield.  Tough, heady competitor with really good feet and athleticism.  His biggest weakness would not be as much of an issue in what I believe will be Zac's offense.  

225: R7P9  
TE FOSTER MOREAU
LSU

Underrated as a receiver because of the ridiculously inept offense at LSU, but much like the receiver talent that came out of there and shined in the NFL, this guy has pro potential that will exceed his college performance.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Overall not a bad mock. The more I watch David Long the more I like him. Harry would be fun next to Green and Boyd.

I think I'd draft a tight end earlier though. Also David Montgomery will be drafted in the second or third rounds imo. Another fun fact, he grew up around here and went to Mt. Healthy.
Reply/Quote
Good draft Racer! I'm not as high on Long as others are. If we are looking for another LB in latter rounds, I like Taki Taki.
I would like to see what a kid like Eric Dungy, QB from Syracuse, could do also.
Reply/Quote
What can i say Racer? Great Mock, cannot hate on one pick in this one. Do you have us getting an O-lineman in FA?
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What can i say Racer? Great Mock, cannot hate on one pick in this one. Do you have us getting an O-lineman in FA?

Thanks, man.  I can see them retaining their own (Westerman, Redmond, and Hart) because at the very least, the run blocking was solid.  The pass protection could be schemed a bit better with a less predictable offense as well.  I hope ZT gives Dalton more freedom to change plays at the LOS, and most importantly gives Dalton the play with more than 8 seconds on the play clock.  

I would also imagine they bring in one other veteran OT that will be a swing guy that could back up both LT and RT positions.  I doubt it will be anyone we would get excited over, but if they do take the step to get a starting quality OT, I still draft a guy like Lapuaho to develop and improve our depth at such a critical spot. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 09:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks, man.  I can see them retaining their own (Westerman, Redmond, and Hart) because at the very least, the run blocking was solid.  The pass protection could be schemed a bit better with a less predictable offense as well.  I hope ZT gives Dalton more freedom to change plays at the LOS, and most importantly gives Dalton the play with more than 8 seconds on the play clock.  

I would also imagine they bring in one other veteran OT that will be a swing guy that could back up both LT and RT positions.  I doubt it will be anyone we would get excited over, but if they do take the step to get a starting quality OT, I still draft a guy like Lapuaho to develop and improve our depth at such a critical spot. 

You're welcome. No doubt there are ways of scheming to improve the O-line and i hope Turner is open to moving a player around like Boling if it means getting the best 5 players on the field at the same time. Boling is such a versatile player, he can play RT for us if we have to or any position on the Line. I think this needs to be a thought cause Westerman has been decent at LG pretty much everytime i have watched him.

If we get a player like Trent Brown, JuWaun James or Seantrel Henderson in FA i think your mock here would be stellar for us.
Reply/Quote