Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 1.0 2022
(03-31-2022, 09:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes Day 1 or Day 2 TE does mean first 3 rounds. Given they've met with Isaiah Likely and Trey McBride, I think they're looking at a TE on Day 2.
I think if they go safety early, it will indicate a plan for Bates and/or Bell leaving after this season.

I think Bates is as good as gone, especially if there is not some miracle contract agreement before the draft.  I bet they hold on to Bell.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 08:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Bates is as good as gone, especially if there is not some miracle contract agreement before the draft.  I bet they hold on to Bell.  

If Bengals didn't have any intent to keep Bates beyond the tag around the amount he's been looking for, they should have skipped the tag to let him walk and sign someone like Xavier Woods as his replacement.
Woods signed with CAR for just 3 years, $15.75 mill.
He had a pretty solid season with MIN last year with 3 INTs, 10 PDs, 2 FFs, 1 sack, 108 tackles. That's close to Bates-level production but at a much lower cost.

Oh well, I guess. If that's how the Bengals wanna do business, that's their choice.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Bengals didn't have any intent to keep Bates beyond the tag around the amount he's been looking for, they should have skipped the tag to let him walk and sign someone like Xavier Woods as his replacement.
Woods signed with CAR for just 3 years, $15.75 mill.
He had a pretty solid season with MIN last year with 3 INTs, 10 PDs, 2 FFs, 1 sack, 108 tackles. That's close to Bates-level production but at a much lower cost.

Oh well, I guess. If that's how the Bengals wanna do business, that's their choice.

That exact scenario could take place NEXT year if an agreement isn't made rather than use the tag a second time.
Reply/Quote