Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 12.0: My absolute Fav so far
Done of first-pick, with no trades. There was a run on LBs early, so when Mims was there I didn't screw around with an additional pick, I took the guy that could fill the roll at X if Ross leaves or if AJ isn't retained. I wasn't going to reach at LB because the value just wasn't there. I gave a brief explanation with each pick.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A+): No brainer

Round 2 Pick 1: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (B+): I don't care if they gave him a B+, the kid was the most outstanding player at the Senior Bowl and broke ankles all week in practice. The knock on him was: "Baylor WR, no real route tree", but he sure took to coaching and it became very clear what this kid can do and how he may explode with a real offense and QB.

Round 3 Pick 1: Kyle Dugger, SS/FS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A): See thread on "My guy". Alpha dog in the middle of the defense.

Round 4 Pick 1: Jordyn Brooks, ILB/OLB, Texas Tech (A): Has all the tools, but never played in a good defense. Eye-popping measurables and tackling numbers. If he had some talent around him....I think he could be a very good fit here. I would project him as a special teams guy initially and an OLB/Nickel as he develops.

Round 5 Pick 1: Saahdiq Charles, OT/OG, LSU (A+): Played tackle at LSU but might be a better guard. Provides a lot of flexibility and depth of talent. Could push to start at RG.

Round 6 Pick 1: Evan Weaver, ILB/OLB, California (A+): ILB to develop behind Bynes. An absolute tackling machine. Great instincts. Won't blaze a 4.5 forty or jump out of the gym, but is a very solid player.

Round 7 Pick 1: McTelvin Agim, DT, Arkansas (A+): Raw but talented DT that could spell Geno.

What do you think? I don't take it personally if you disagree (whatever, you are on ignore list so don't bother) as long as you aren't a douche.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like that draft a lot. I will say that when I have drafted chinn or dugger it was with the thought of playing them at outside lb as I think their frames will allow for a little bit of added weight without a big penalty in speed. In that case weaver might be redundant as a third lb in this draft.

I hope we get an interior ol as well as a tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 03:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I like that draft a lot.  I will say that when I have drafted chinn or dugger it was with the thought of playing them at outside lb as I think their frames will allow for a little bit of added weight without a big penalty in speed.  In that case weaver might be redundant as a third lb in this draft.  

I hope we get an interior ol as well as a tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed about the big safeties playing a nickel role, but they are so flexible in terms of their talent....that's a part of what I love....you can have them do a multitude of different things.  

We need not only starting LBs, but special teamers and depth...
Reply/Quote
Use to like Brooks before I heard he gets lost in space. Starting to like Justin Strnad more and more as a mid round
Linebacker for us, highly instinctual, good tackler, takes great angles and drops into coverage better than Brooks. Had
an arm injury which would be the main reason why he falls.

Love all the other picks, great Mock SHRacer.
Reply/Quote