Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 14.0 for 2021. Chase was gone!
Couldn't seem to get image to paste for some reason, but here is how it went with the Falcons picking Chase at #4:

Bengals #5 overall: Penei Sewell, OT. I know a lot of people would have wanted Pitts here, but he simply isn't a fit for this offense. Sewell allows the Bengals the flexibility to move Reiff inside or start Sewell inside and develop outside as RT and the Bengals will have bookend tackles for years to come. I wanted Chase, but this is a pretty good consolation.

#38: Dyami Brown, WR. He isn't Chase but has a lot of the same down-field production numbers. A good fit with Boyd and Higgins.

#69 Kendrick Green, OG. An incredible athletic man that fits the wide zone scheme extremely well.

#111 Spencer Brown, OT. The most athletic lineman tested. He has a short shuttle like some RBs. Extremely raw, but his upside is too good to pass up. FWIW, I don't think he will ever be here in Rd 4, but he was in this PFF sim so I took him. If he develops, could allow Sewell or Williams to move inside.

#149 Shaka Toney, EDGE. Raw but talented pass rusher than could contribute early on rotational basis.

#190 Johnathon Marshall. DT. Very tough 3T that can generate some pass rush.

#202 Elijah Mitchell, RB. My fav late round player in the draft. Might go much earlier. Versatile, fast, and fits wide-zone scheme well.

#235 Zech Mcpherson, CB. Speedy slot guy that could be a steal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Really like what you did, but I don't think the statement "Pitts isn't a fit for this offense" is very true.

We took a lot of concepts from the LSU offense and incorporated them. CJ made some pretty big plays before getting hurt. I definitely think that he would be a fit here. That being said, I don't think the Bengals are going that route, unless they are putting out a smokescreen of epic proportions .
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 12:27 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Really like what you did, but I don't think the statement "Pitts isn't a fit for this offense" is very true.

We took a lot of concepts from the LSU offense and incorporated them.  CJ made some pretty big plays before getting hurt.  I definitely think that he would be a fit here.  That being said, I don't think the Bengals are going that route, unless they are putting out a smokescreen of epic proportions .

Mad respect for a mock in which Chase or Sewell is gone, I don't think some here are ready for that scenario.  I replied to this comment as I agree that the Pitts statement isn't accurate.  You don't need to let the "draft Pitts" crowd down, if Sewell is the pick, he's the pick.  I agree that Brown won't be there in the 4th, even if the simulators leave guys I try to just skip them as it isn't realistic.  They'll take someone on the DL before they go to the OL a 3rd time.  Brown is a realistic 2nd rounder to be ready for.  
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 12:27 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Really like what you did, but I don't think the statement "Pitts isn't a fit for this offense" is very true.

We took a lot of concepts from the LSU offense and incorporated them.  CJ made some pretty big plays before getting hurt.  I definitely think that he would be a fit here.  That being said, I don't think the Bengals are going that route, unless they are putting out a smokescreen of epic proportions .

I really like 12 personnel.  I think finding capable TEs that can exploit mismatches as well as slot WRs is very achievable.  However, ZT does NOT like 12 personnel, and I don't like the predictable nature of which he uses TEs in the passing game.  If he went all-in on 12 personnel, I think it would not only help our rushing attack, but could be a very potent offense.  That being said, they would STILL need an outside home run threat.  

I just don't see the Bengals adapting to Pitts, but Chase is a PERFECT fit for what ZT wants to do.  If they are giving him this season, and they have done a lot to shore up the defense in FA, I want to give him the missing piece in the puzzle.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote