Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okeana 2020 1.5 draft pre combine
I went for some different looks in this draft.  WR kept falling at bad value to pick so I ended up just building up some defensive players.  My thought process is they are committed to AJ green and John Ross for another year so I don't see much changing outside of a free agent backup or maybe some undrafted guys who fall out because of depth.

While the offensive line is a concern the Bengals don't seem too interested in drafting heavily for it so maybe they make a move for a veteran guard, but they seem to want to build on what they already have.  I took a couple later picks that could compete for starters because until it's solved you never stop drafting it.

QB JOE BURROW

[Image: giphy.gif]

It's been talked to death nothing changes and no trades.  

CB DAMON ARNETTE

[Image: 105714_h.jpg]

Damon Arnette is a stud that often gets looked over because he plays with the best CB in the draft.  Exceptional press-man corner, but has the toolset to play every scheme.  I can see him taking over for Kirkpatrick in a year.

queue the random rap music:

3rd Round trade back 7 spots to get an extra 4th rounder.

EDGE MARLON DAVIDSON 

[Image: 7918040.jpg]

Hybrid Edge/DT Rusher with great hands, size, and speed.  He's at the senior bowl so keep an eye out on tape because he has the best hands in 1on1's I've seen.  I remember scouting Geno Atkins and calling him the poor man's warren Sapp and I think Davidson has the potential to be on that level.  

LB EVAN WEAVER

[Image: weaver_karenchow_file-900x580.jpg]

Jordyn Brooks gets a lot of love on these forums, but Evan Weaver is the man.  Great run-stuffing Middle linebacker, team leader, great football IQ, and has coverage skills.  

G LOGAN STENBERG

[Image: Logan-Stenberg-KY-1-1.jpg]

Big nasty is a penalty machine that needs to develop more athletically and work on some of his techniques, but he has the Physical and Mental traits to be a solid guard in the NFL.  Love me some nasty lineman!  I see him as a guy who will take some time to develop but could be a real monster once he gets into an NFL system.

OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON

[Image: 1039390376.jpg.0.jpg]

I love Throck's versatility and he has the potential to start at any position which will make him a great starter or backup.  Just the kinda guy we need.  His stock is rising.

DT BENITO JONES

[Image: dbktbZ9p_400x400.jpg]

Super strong DT with great hands and burst for someone who weighs nearly 330 pounds.  Another guy in my running of Geno Atkins ascension who will be drafted late because some will consider him a nose, but mark my words this guy will have a much better nfl career than some 1st rounders.

S SHYHEIM CARTER

Nickle Safety/Special Teams/Backup

Reply/Quote
Evan Weaver is not a starting nfl linebacker enough role players please we need a stud. Also I draft our future qb but then wait til the fifth and 6th round to protect him. No thanks.
Reply/Quote
Love Davidson, but he's getting first round hype now. If we get him there it would be a steal.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Love Davidson, but he's getting first round hype now. If we get him there it would be a steal.

Yeah I like him even round 2

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 04:36 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Evan Weaver is not a starting nfl linebacker enough role players please we need a stud.  Also I draft our future qb but then wait til the fifth and 6th round to protect him.  No thanks.

I mean you did mock ceedee lamb in the 2nd round of your draft.  Who could ever argue with you lmao

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 09:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: I mean you did mock ceedee lamb in the 2nd round of your draft.  Who could ever argue with you lmao

Only cuz he was there in the sim I was doing not cuz I realistically think he’s going to be there. Cmon now guy
Reply/Quote
If Throckmorton is there in the 5th I’d be very excited. I’ve seen him projected in the 3-4th typically and I’ve seen him as high as the second. I’m not sure if I am super high on Weaver but we can see how he tests out at the combine to get a better idea of his athleticism.

Overall, interesting mock but if Cincinnati went this route I would be disappointed. I’m really hoping for Burrow and immediate offensive line help. Kindley, Becton, Prince Tega in round 2 would be ideal and really excite me. I do love the Throckmorton pick and would go after Throckmorton or Lemieux. Oregon had an incredible offensive line this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 12:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: If Throckmorton is there in the 5th I’d be very excited. I’ve seen him projected in the 3-4th typically and I’ve seen him as high as the second. I’m not sure if I am super high on Weaver but we can see how he tests out at the combine to get a better idea of his athleticism.

Overall, interesting mock but if Cincinnati went this route I would be disappointed. I’m really hoping for Burrow and immediate offensive line help. Kindley, Becton, Prince Tega in round 2 would be ideal and really excite me. I do love the Throckmorton pick and would go after Throckmorton or Lemieux. Oregon had an incredible offensive line this year.

I would be as well but part of my mock process is doing something different in pre combine mocks. Pretty sure I was one of the first guys to mock Becton and lemieux so I understand what’s better, but I like to discuss lesser mocked prospects early on.

Reply/Quote
The Carter pick is one that screams potential.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Evan Weaver lol
Reply/Quote
Obviously I love the first 3 picks, just don't see Davidson lasting to the 3rd but who knows.

If we use FA on RT I would love this Draft. This Mock is pretty Guard heavy as both Stenberg who is a pure Guard and
Throckmorton is more of an inside guy. Throckmorton struggled in the Senior Bowl at OT. Either Fred Johnson, Hart or
someone would have to come around at RT for us not to still have a hole here after this.

Also think we could get better LB's than this.

Still a good Mock, just wish we got better LB's and a RT out of the Draft.
Reply/Quote