Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 2023 Version 1.0
I used PFN's simulator and accepted no trades: I would be pretty happy if this happened. Sure, CB should probably be addressed earlier, but I love Ika and Kuntz.

Darnell Wright
OT Tennessee= Despite his brief dust up on twitter with Willie Lutz, I think he is a near-perfect fit for the Bengals. He will push for starting RT and makes Jonah expendible.

CIN

Siaki Ika
DT Baylor- Reader and Tupou are under contract for one more season. Ika is a beast and will be a nice rotational piece right away.

CIN

Zack Kuntz
TE Old Dominion- Small school stud with tremendous athleticism.

CIN

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson- FIesty, tough and versatile. I would be shocked if he was here and I would have taken him in the third round if I noticed him.
CB TCU

CIN

Nathaniel Dell- Small for a WR given the Bengal's history on size requirements, but hard to pass up his explosiveness. Can also return punts.
WR Houston

CIN

Mohamed Ibrahim
RB Minnesota- Have no idea why he is not ranked higher. I know he had some injury history, but an absolute stud.
CIN

Brenton Strange
TE Penn State- Depth and competition
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Darnell Wright
OT Tennessee=  Despite his brief dust up on twitter with Willie Lutz, I think he is a near-perfect fit for the Bengals.  He will push for starting RT and makes Jonah expendible.  

I would be very happy if the Bengals could get Darnell Wright   6 foot 5   333 pounds

At 333 pounds he recorded a 5.01-second 40-yard dash, ranking sixth among all offensive linemen (Guards/Tackles/Centers)

His weight should wear on defenders. 

NFL seasons are long with 17 games plus Playoffs, so I would invest in very good Offensive Line Depth to weather injuries during a season.

The Bengals may have to trade up if they want him. To me it would be a steal if he slipped to the Bengals and I would take him.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 01:01 PM)depthchart Wrote:

I would be very happy if the Bengals could get Darnell Wright   6 foot 5   333 pounds

At 333 pounds he recorded a 5.01-second 40-yard dash, ranking sixth among all offensive linemen (Guards/Tackles/Centers)

NFL seasons are long with 17 games plus Playoffs, so I would invest in very good Offensive Line Depth to weather injuries during a season.

The Bengals may have to trade up if they want him. To me it would be a steal if he slipped to the Bengals and I would take him.

He is the only one I want more than Jones, the mammoth man from OSU.  Jones has some questions about his desire, and weight, though.  But wow, what a massive man and his film is solid.  Hope he could somehow slip to us in round 2 if the bengals do as I suspect and go CB.  
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 01:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is the only one I want more than Jones, the mammoth man from OSU.  Jones has some questions about his desire, and weight, though.  But wow, what a massive man and his film is solid.  Hope he could somehow slip to us in round 2 if the bengals do as I suspect and go CB.  

Jones could slip and they could take a chance on him. If he can be motivated, I think he would be nice to have.

La'el Collins went undrafted coming out of College but was thought to be a Top 10 to 15 prospect, due to a Police investigation of a shooting where he was not the suspect.

Which Corner would you want the Bengals to take in round one if they do take one ?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 01:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Jones could slip and they could take a chance on him. If he can be motivated, I think he would be nice to have.

La'el Collins went undrafted coming out of College but was thought to be a Top 10 to 15 prospect, due to a Police investigation of a shooting where he was not the suspect.

Which Corner would you want the Bengals to take in round one if they do take one ?

In order of my preference of who might be there, I like Forbes, Ringo, Smith, and Banks.  I doubt the Bengals will take Forbes, because their last really thin CB didn't really pan out (Kirkpatrick).  

I know they really like Ringo and Smith, and have a preference for guys from Georgia and South Carolina.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I used PFN's simulator and accepted no trades:  I would be pretty happy if this happened.  Sure, CB should probably be addressed earlier, but I love Ika and Kuntz.  

Darnell Wright
OT Tennessee=  Despite his brief dust up on twitter with Willie Lutz, I think he is a near-perfect fit for the Bengals.  He will push for starting RT and makes Jonah expendible.  

CIN

Siaki Ika
DT Baylor-  Reader and Tupou are under contract for one more season.  Ika is a beast and will be a nice rotational piece right away.  

CIN

Zack Kuntz

CIN

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson-  FIesty, tough and versatile.  I would be shocked if he was here and I would have taken him in the third round if I noticed him.
CB TCU

CIN

Nathaniel Dell-  Small for a WR given the Bengal's history on size requirements, but hard to pass up his explosiveness.  Can also return punts.
WR Houston

CIN

Mohamed Ibrahim
RB Minnesota- Have no idea why he is not ranked higher.  I know he had some injury history, but an absolute stud.
CIN

Brenton Strange
TE Penn State-  Depth and competition

I really like the first two selections but you lost me at the overdrafting of Kuntz who is nothing more than a tall, slow wide receiver at this point in his career. I have actually seen suggestions that he is a practice squad candidate while he continues to develop.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:55 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I really like the first two selections but you lost me at the overdrafting of Kuntz who is nothing more than a tall, slow wide receiver at this point in his career. I have actually seen suggestions that he is a practice squad candidate while he continues to develop.

I completely disagree with Zierlin, who you must have read.  He runs a 4.55 forty, has a 40" vertical (at 6'7") and despite crazy long arms, he benched 225 lbs 23 times.  This guy has New England Patriot written all over him.  He will go much earlier than Zierlin suggested.

I have a contact at ODU and they absolutely love this guy.  He is just raw and hasn't played a lot, but I also see that as that he hasn't taken the shots that many of the college TEs have and he will be healthy.  

Zack Kuntz Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

There have not been many athletes with his speed and size ratio.  He is .11 seconds slower than Kyle Pitts ran at his Pro Day, but is an inch taller and has a higher vertical.  If Kuntz had attended some combine training facility like a lot of the top picks do, he might have been clocked even faster.

Here is another review of Kuntz.  Zack Kuntz's Draft Stock Soaring After NFL Combine (thedraftnetwork.com)
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I completely disagree with Zierlin, who you must have read.  He runs a 4.55 forty, has a 40" vertical (at 6'7") and despite crazy long arms, he benched 225 lbs 23 times.  This guy has New England Patriot written all over him.  He will go much earlier than Zierlin suggested.

I have a contact at ODU and they absolutely love this guy.  He is just raw and hasn't played a lot, but I also see that as that he hasn't taken the shots that many of the college TEs have and he will be healthy.  

Zack Kuntz Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

There have not been many athletes with his speed and size ratio.  He is .11 seconds slower than Kyle Pitts ran at his Pro Day, but is an inch taller and has a higher vertical.  If Kuntz had attended some combine training facility like a lot of the top picks do, he might have been clocked even faster.

Here is another review of Kuntz.  Zack Kuntz's Draft Stock Soaring After NFL Combine (thedraftnetwork.com)

What's concerning to me about Kuntz is that he had to transfer to ODU, after barely getting on the field in 3 years at Penn St.  Obviously, being a big fish in a small pond at ODU allowed him to have a breakout season in 2021 going up against a decidedly less talented pool of athletes.  His combine numbers are fantastic, but I still have to think of this guy as a 3 year developmental project who I'd like a lot better in the 5th or 6th round.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 08:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's concerning to me about Kuntz is that he had to transfer to ODU, after barely getting on the field in 3 years at Penn St.  Obviously, being a big fish in a small pond at ODU allowed him to have a breakout season in 2021 going up against a decidedly less talented pool of athletes.  His combine numbers are fantastic, but I still have to think of this guy as a 3 year developmental project who I'd like a lot better in the 5th or 6th round.

There are lots of athletes that didn't get their chance at some schools and transferred to another opportunity.  Joe Burrow comes to mind  Hilarious.

I have no idea why he didn't get more of a shot at PSU, but I can't help but wonder if he was too light early on and they wanted him to add more weight before seeing the field.  

He was the focal point at ODU and in 2021, his first year as a starter, ODU went on a 5 game winning streak where he compiled 36 receptions for 293 yards and 3 TDs.  He didn't exactly have a Burrow-like QB getting him the ball, either. 

At the end of round 3, I could see him being a real value.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 08:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's concerning to me about Kuntz is that he had to transfer to ODU, after barely getting on the field in 3 years at Penn St.  Obviously, being a big fish in a small pond at ODU allowed him to have a breakout season in 2021 going up against a decidedly less talented pool of athletes.  His combine numbers are fantastic, but I still have to think of this guy as a 3 year developmental project who I'd like a lot better in the 5th or 6th round.

I read a bit more about Kuntz and learned the reason he wasn't getting on the field at Penn State was.... Brenton Strange!  Another mid-to-late round projection.  Kuntz did weigh quite a bit less early in his career.  Reminded me of the story behind who could be the first TE taken in the draft:  Dalton Kincaid.  At aroung 225 lbs, Kincaid wasn't even looked at by any college teams.  But then, he got some interest from the University of San DIego, an FCS school.  He starred there before transferring to Utah.  

It seems like kids that are big enough to be TEs right out of HS are groomed to be OTs.  Many of the star TEs weren't very big out of HS.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I used PFN's simulator and accepted no trades:  I would be pretty happy if this happened.  Sure, CB should probably be addressed earlier, but I love Ika and Kuntz.  

Darnell Wright

CIN

Siaki Ika
DT Baylor-  Reader and Tupou are under contract for one more season.  Ika is a beast and will be a nice rotational piece right away.  

CIN

Zack Kuntz

CIN

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson-  FIesty, tough and versatile.  I would be shocked if he was here and I would have taken him in the third round if I noticed him.
CB TCU

CIN

Nathaniel Dell-  Small for a WR given the Bengal's history on size requirements, but hard to pass up his explosiveness.  Can also return punts.
WR Houston

CIN

Mohamed Ibrahim
RB Minnesota- Have no idea why he is not ranked higher.  I know he had some injury history, but an absolute stud.
CIN

Brenton Strange
TE Penn State-  Depth and competition

Love it, the trenches are stocked with this Draft. Wright and Ika right off the bat does the job. I think we take a Corner early but 
this would be a great Draft. I like Whyle better at TE than Kuntz might be my only critique. Great job though, agree on Ibrahim, 
really good RB but the injuries are the reason he should fall. Strange is highly underrated, think he will be a good pro.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 01:01 PM)depthchart Wrote:

I have been doing ESPN's new draft simulator and never does Darnell Wright make it to the Bengals. If he's there at 28, for sure he would be the BPA, but I have no illusion about him slipping that far.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 06:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I read a bit more about Kuntz and learned the reason he wasn't getting on the field at Penn State was.... Brenton Strange!  Another mid-to-late round projection.  Kuntz did weigh quite a bit less early in his career.  Reminded me of the story behind who could be the first TE taken in the draft:  Dalton Kincaid.  At aroung 225 lbs, Kincaid wasn't even looked at by any college teams.  But then, he got some interest from the University of San DIego, an FCS school.  He starred there before transferring to Utah.  

It seems like kids that are big enough to be TEs right out of HS are groomed to be OTs.  Many of the star TEs weren't very big out of HS.  

I wonder why Franklin didn't take advantage of the ability to run 12 personnel in the Penn St. offense?  They had another lanky TE a few years back that was excellent at contested catches on the sideline, can't remember his name, but he was good.  They could have developed Kuntz as the contested catch and back of the endzone guy, and had Strange do the tough blocking and catches in traffic in the middle of the field.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder why Franklin didn't take advantage of the ability to run 12 personnel in the Penn St. offense?  They had another lanky TE a few years back that was excellent at contested catches on the sideline, can't remember his name, but he was good.  They could have developed Kuntz as the contested catch and back of the endzone guy, and had Strange do the tough blocking and catches in traffic in the middle of the field.

Yeah, makes sense to me as well.  Although I highly doubt the Bengals take a first round TE, I would like to see more 12 personnel if they got an athletic receiving TE in day 2 or 3 to go with Smith, Jr. and Sample.  
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 06:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I read a bit more about Kuntz and learned the reason he wasn't getting on the field at Penn State was.... Brenton Strange!  Another mid-to-late round projection.  Kuntz did weigh quite a bit less early in his career.  Reminded me of the story behind who could be the first TE taken in the draft:  Dalton Kincaid.  At aroung 225 lbs, Kincaid wasn't even looked at by any college teams.  But then, he got some interest from the University of San DIego, an FCS school.  He starred there before transferring to Utah.  

Pat Freiermuth and Theo Johnson are in there during that stretch. 

Brenton Strange was just supposed to be a rotational guy with Theo Johnson as the starter this year. Johnson early injury gave Strange a runway to really showcase what he could do early before returning to that rotation when Johnson got healthier. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote