Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 3.0 2022 UNSEXY
Used first-pick.com:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31: Daxton Hill, FS/SS, Michigan (A-): Kind of a nightmare for me: Linderbaum was long gone, as were Booth and Elam. Hill is insurance for when either Bates or Bell are gone.

Round 2 Pick 31: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma (A-): Good fit as athletic 3T to rotate with BJ Hill

Round 3 Pick 31: Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati (A+): Most unrealistic pick in my estimation. He was there, though, so I grabbed him.

Round 4 Pick 31: Luke Goedeke, OG, Central Michigan (A+): Great value and competition for Carman.

Round 5 Pick 31: Montaric Brown, CB, Arkansas (A+): Unlikely he is available this late, but keep him on your radar....checks every box for the Bengals

Round 6 Pick 30: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+): Worries me a bit that he has never been a holder, though. Do we get Brandon Allen to do it?

Round 7 Pick 5: Derrick Deese Jr., TE, San Jose State (A+): Athletic TE with upside.

Round 7 Pick 31: Terrel Bernard, ILB/OLB, Baylor (A+): Smaller LB than the Bengals like, but freaky fast and smooth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Picks 1, 3, and 6 are awesome in the sense that all three guys can immediately contribute to a Super Bowl run.
Reply/Quote
I could be happy with that draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pretty solid, overall.
Reply/Quote
I like this draft. Solid selections throughout. Ideally In this scenario I would prefer a trade down in the first. But I if we couldn’t find a trade partner I would be happy this
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Used first-pick.com:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31: Daxton Hill, FS/SS, Michigan (A-):  Kind of a nightmare for me:  Linderbaum was long gone, as were Booth and Elam.  Hill is insurance for when either Bates or Bell are gone.

Round 2 Pick 31: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma (A-):  Good fit as athletic 3T to rotate with BJ Hill

Round 3 Pick 31: Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati (A+):  Most unrealistic pick in my estimation.  He was there, though, so I grabbed him.

Round 4 Pick 31: Luke Goedeke, OG, Central Michigan (A+):  Great value and competition for Carman.

Round 5 Pick 31: Montaric Brown, CB, Arkansas (A+):  Unlikely he is available this late, but keep him on your radar....checks every box for the Bengals

Round 6 Pick 30: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+):  Worries me a bit that he has never been a holder, though.  Do we get Brandon Allen to do it?

Round 7 Pick 5: Derrick Deese Jr., TE, San Jose State (A+):  Athletic TE with upside.

Round 7 Pick 31: Terrel Bernard, ILB/OLB, Baylor (A+):  Smaller LB than the Bengals like, but freaky fast and smooth.

This is the opposite of unattractive.

Getting Dax Hill and Perrion Winfrey would be great for the defense.
Pierce would be a great WR4 who could take over as WR2/3 if (when) Boyd and/or Higgins leaves.
I've heard good things about Goedeke, and I think it's not too early of an investment if he ends up not panning out.
We've all talked about Araiza plenty. I like him, but not before Rd 5. Just think anything before 5th round is too early for ST-only guy regardless of how good they might be.

The one spot I think might turn some people off is Montaric Brown.
His Combine/Pro Day performance could turn teams away.
4.55 40 for a CB is very slow. Combine that with a 4.44 shuttle and 7.27 3-cone, and there will be valid concern that he can't stick with receivers in the NFL.
With that said, he did well in the SEC, who usually has some good receivers.
With a 5th round pick though, it could be worth the gamble.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 02:10 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: I like this draft. Solid selections throughout. Ideally In this scenario I would prefer a trade down in the first. But I if we couldn’t find a trade partner I would be happy this

Indy offered me a solid trade back, but with ALL the bigger name CBs gone, and two of the premier safeties also gone, I didn't want to risk it.  If I had gone with the trade and secured an extra 3rd rounder, I would have been looking TE earlier.  I just see a dearth of depth at the safety and guard position that could be exposed quickly.  

Although everyone seems to think D'Ante Smith and Adeniji could step in and compete with Carman at guard, I really see both those guys as tackles.  They may not be elite tackle prospects, but Adeniji sure fared better when they asked him to play tackle than guard.  And although I think we all have at least some faith in Carman taking the next steps to develop as a solid guard, there have been injury concerns.

Goedeke may not be there in the fourth, as I think people are starting to take note of him.  He can play anywhere on the line.  An unfortunate hamstring injury at the Senior Bowl might keep him somewhat hidden, but a lot of folks took notice of him at CMU while scouting Rahmann.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 02:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is the opposite of unattractive.

Getting Dax Hill and Perrion Winfrey would be great for the defense.
Pierce would be a great WR4 who could take over as WR2/3 if (when) Boyd and/or Higgins leaves.
I've heard good things about Goedeke, and I think it's not too early of an investment if he ends up not panning out.
We've all talked about Araiza plenty. I like him, but not before Rd 5. Just think anything before 5th round is too early for ST-only guy regardless of how good they might be.

The one spot I think might turn some people off is Montaric Brown.
His Combine/Pro Day performance could turn teams away.
4.55 40 for a CB is very slow. Combine that with a 4.44 shuttle and 7.27 3-cone, and there will be valid concern that he can't stick with receivers in the NFL.
With that said, he did well in the SEC, who usually has some good receivers.
With a 5th round pick though, it could be worth the gamble.

Yeah, he didn't run really fast, but he is very instinctive.  Had 5 INTs his senior season, and plenty of PBUs.  Played 30 games as a starter at Arkansas without a ton of talent around him.  Here is an additional tidbit about him that I like:  He came in to college as a safety.  Other than his ball skills, tackling is his best trait.  

Do I see him pushing Apple out of the starting rotation?  No.  Could he possibly be groomed as a safety with CB position versatility?  Absolutely. 

Thanks for the feedback!  Wish there were more burners on the back end of this draft, but man...the run on CBs in this mock was crazy.  Even Kyler Gordon, who I like more than Booth, was gone at 31!  Insane.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Used first-pick.com:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31: Daxton Hill, FS/SS, Michigan (A-):  Kind of a nightmare for me:  Linderbaum was long gone, as were Booth and Elam.  Hill is insurance for when either Bates or Bell are gone.

Round 2 Pick 31: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma (A-):  Good fit as athletic 3T to rotate with BJ Hill

Round 3 Pick 31: Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati (A+):  Most unrealistic pick in my estimation.  He was there, though, so I grabbed him.

Round 4 Pick 31: Luke Goedeke, OG, Central Michigan (A+):  Great value and competition for Carman.

Round 5 Pick 31: Montaric Brown, CB, Arkansas (A+):  Unlikely he is available this late, but keep him on your radar....checks every box for the Bengals

Round 6 Pick 30: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+):  Worries me a bit that he has never been a holder, though.  Do we get Brandon Allen to do it?

Round 7 Pick 5: Derrick Deese Jr., TE, San Jose State (A+):  Athletic TE with upside.

Round 7 Pick 31: Terrel Bernard, ILB/OLB, Baylor (A+):  Smaller LB than the Bengals like, but freaky fast and smooth.

Well done, Montaric Brown that late would be a major steal. Good point on Araiza never being a holder. That is a legit concern.

Really like all the picks but agree on Dax Hill, I like him but I don't think he has the range like Brisker or Pitre have. Would rather
have Elam there, love Booth the most at that pick as a player but his injury history is a concern. Winfrey is a steal in the 2nd I 
could even see us trading back and grabbing Winfrey while adding a pick or two. Nice Mock overall. 

Might try first-pick.com on my second Mock instead of TDN...
Reply/Quote
I have tried First-Pick but many of their player rankings seem really out of whack. Have you tried The Mock Draft Database simulator tool? I posted my latest from it in the "I would be Ecstatic" thread.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well done, Montaric Brown that late would be a major steal. Good point on Araiza never being a holder. That is a legit concern.

Really like all the picks but agree on Dax Hill, I like him but I don't think he has the range like Brisker or Pitre have. Would rather
have Elam there, love Booth the most at that pick as a player but his injury history is a concern. Winfrey is a steal in the 2nd I 
could even see us trading back and grabbing Winfrey while adding a pick or two. Nice Mock overall. 

Might try first-pick.com on my second Mock instead of TDN...

I'm sorry that I don't have a link, but I fell out of love with Booth as our pick at 31 after listening to Joe Goodberry.  He didn't test, and his QB competion % was one of the worst coming out of the big CBs in the draft.  Two questionable "outliers" make him too big a risk.  Of all the CBs, I want Elam and Gordon way over Booth.  See if you can find his analysis on twitter.  
Reply/Quote