Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 4.0, No trades, assumes no FA
I am trying to be more and more realistic (takes some of the fun away) and assumes no real additions in FA and no trades in the draft. I do believe that there will be a number of teams wanting #33 overall, but for now, I just went with no trades and tried to get the best talent available that fits our team.

I will assume that Vigil, Billings, Fej, and AJ Green are re-signed.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)- Buy your jerseys now

Round 2 Pick 1: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (A-)- Couldn't resist getting one of Burrow's favorite targets. A steal at 33.

Round 3 Pick 1: Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (A-)- RG position filled, Miller traded or released. Money goes to FAs.

Round 4 Pick 1: Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami (A+)- A speedy coverage LB with sure tackling.

Round 5 Pick 1: Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA (A)- Freak athlete that needs to be coached up. If they can develop his technique, could be a steal.

Round 6 Pick 1: Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU (A+)- I would be surprised if he was still here, but this was a sim, not an unrealistic mock where I just say that I want a player in a certain round. More Burrow love of his teammates.

Round 7 Pick 1: Brady Aiello, OT, Oregon (A+)- Developmental prospect with good length and strength.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love Rounds 1,2,3 and 6. I already have my Burrow Jersey on pre-order lol. Kindley is one of my favorite prospects in the draft. Dude is a mauler. Moss in the 6th would be the steal of the draft. This would definitely help Burrow adjust to the pros with some familiar targets. Don’t know much about the rest but like the position choices. Your description of Pinckney sounds exactly like what we need.
Reply/Quote
Justin Jefferson is a slot receiver.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 12:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Justin Jefferson is a slot receiver.

No, he has played both outside and slot.  
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, he has played both outside and slot.  

Justin Jefferson is at his best in the slot against zone coverage on in breaking routes but can also run some slot fades. He struggled as an outside receiver.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 08:54 AM)Synric Wrote: Justin Jefferson is at his best in the slot against zone coverage on in breaking routes but can also run some slot fades. He struggled as an outside receiver.

Disagree.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 09:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Disagree.

Justin Jefferson is getting alot of comparisons to Tyler Boyd... In Jefferson's breakout 2019 season he had 111 receptions 109 of those came from the slot.

[Image: EP5tG1AXkAA4aae.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 09:23 AM)Synric Wrote: Justin Jefferson is getting alot of comparisons to Tyler Boyd... In Jefferson's breakout 2019 season he had 111 receptions 109 of those came from the slot.

[Image: EP5tG1AXkAA4aae.jpg]

He also had 6 TDs with over 20 yards or more....I think to say he can only play "inside" is incorrect.  But I hear what you are saying...we already have that and is under contract.  
Reply/Quote
If Pinckney can run, cover, and tackle, why is he a 4th round pick?
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 12:16 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: If Pinckney can run, cover, and tackle, why is he a 4th round pick?

He isn't very big and he didn't play on a very strong team.  
Reply/Quote
I'll actually be pretty surprised if we take a WR early (if AJ is resigned.)

If we get Burrow, the big beneficiary will be Auden Tate. If we roll AJ, Boyd, Ross and Tate out there, it would be a formidable group.

I could see us taking a WR at the top of the 3rd since the class is ridiculously deep.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 12:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll actually be pretty surprised if we take a WR early (if AJ is resigned.)

If we get Burrow, the big beneficiary will be Auden Tate.  If we roll AJ, Boyd, Ross and Tate out there, it would be a formidable group.

I could see us taking a WR at the top of the 3rd since the class is ridiculously deep.

I agree with your line of thinking, but if AJ is tagged instead of re-signed and may only be a one-year player they might need to be prepared....not to mention how much taking AJ off the field (injury) seems to effect the rest of them.  I would hope for another all-around talent to play AJ's position with speed and elusiveness to get open in short spaces.  I know that isn't asking for much.... Ninja Bottom line:  you are going to have to score a LOT to be able to beat a team like KC.  They way Taylor seems to run his offense, without much RB involvement in the passing game, a stud WR is probably the best thing to improve the offense other than the line.  

Top of the third could still yield a player like that, perhaps from a smaller school.  
Reply/Quote
So here is the thing people need to understand, playing out of the slot gives receivers the advantage of "two way goes" meaning they have space in all directions so it makes corners guess more than being able to use the sideline as leverage. As teams have discovered more of the value of these two way goes you have seen the rise of compressed sets which allow players two way goes from the slot but also from the outside as well. I would have no problem putting Boyd and Jefferson on the same field together assuming we were smart in how we used it in terms of compressing our sets, but if the plan is to use more spacing than compression I think there are better options at WR, for instance Tee Higgins, than Jefferson at 33.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 11:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: So here is the thing people need to understand, playing out of the slot gives receivers the advantage of "two way goes" meaning they have space in all directions so it makes corners guess more than being able to use the sideline as leverage. As teams have discovered more of the value of these two way goes you have seen the rise of compressed sets which allow players two way goes from the slot but also from the outside as well. I would have no problem putting Boyd and Jefferson on the same field together assuming we were smart in how we used it in terms of compressing our sets, but if the plan is to use more spacing than compression I think there are better options at WR, for instance Tee Higgins, than Jefferson at 33.

I really like Reagor from TCU....speed to burn but also a good route runner.  
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 09:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I really like Reagor from TCU....speed to burn but also a good route runner.  

I'm worried he won't be able to beat press off the line. He struggles to fight through contact to get into his routes, but off a clean release he is great. He has a little Antonio Brown to me but I need to see him win off the line better.
Reply/Quote