Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 4.0, Sewell was gone
Someone traded up to get Sewell and then I was offered a really good trade to move down to #15, and took another trade to move to #19. My only regret was no OT but there was a run early, and there was simply no value when I was selecting. Hopefully, the Bengals signed a veteran RT to start and let Adeniji develop another year. I like the kid, but feel like he will have almost taken a step back given the horrible coaching he has received.

Round 1 Pick 19 (WASH): Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama (A+): WJIII isn't likely to sign with us, and I don't see the Bengals using the franchise tag on him. We all like him because we see flashes of dominance, but he is too inconsistent and I just get too many reports of him not wanting to be here. This guy slides RIGHT in and makes an impact as a rookie. Love his technique, ability, and toughness.

Round 2 Pick 3: Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (A): No, it won't be an "All-Alabama" draft, but I was thrilled to see Baremore slide to the top of Rd 2. An instant upgrade inside and tough as hell. You might notice a theme here.

Round 2 Pick 15 (CHI): Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia (A): Surprisingly agile for a guy with his height (6'2"). I think if he played behind Bama's line he might be a first rounder, but he has all the tools and I am not going to rely on one pick to fix a position group. Competition and depth. The Bengals will have it at CB and if Waynes isn't playing at a top tier level, he will find himself a cut in 2022.

Round 2 Pick 19 (WASH): Jackson Carman, OG/OT, Clemson (B+): Absolute mauler that I start at RG. Tough, nasty, athletic and comes from a top-notch program. He might be a bit overdrafted here, but with my extra picks, I don't want to take chances that he is gone later and I get another "maybe" at guard. There are no sure things, but one thing is sure about this guy....he doesn't go backwards. Ever.

Round 3 Pick 3: Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama (A-): Just like the CB position. Depth and talent. Not relying on MJ, Spain, or XSF being "good enough" against lesser competition only to get blown up against the steelers.

Round 4 Pick 3: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn (A+): Outside speedster to help take the top off the defense, run slants/screens, and jet sweeps. One of the fastest guys in the league, but has hands and toughness lacking with Ross.

Round 5 Pick 3: Zaven Collins, DE/OLB, Tulsa (A+): This is a cheat pick as I see this guy like a lesser Khalil Mack. He won't go top of the first, but he is a freak and teams will reach for him. Can't wait to see the matchup against UC.

Round 6 Pick 3: Elijah Mitchell, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette (A+): Again, more competition at a position of supposed strength. This guy simply doesn't go down on the first tackle attempt. Runs angry. Love his toughness and competitive streak. Louisiana used to be a joke in D1. No longer.

Round 7 Pick 3: Chase Allen, TE, Iowa State (A+): The guy at the end of all my mocks, just because he is an athletic TE with good hands. A lot of folks seem to have us moving on from CJ.

Round 7 Pick 11: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida (A+): Schwartz 2.0. Kind of a cheat pick again as once teams (and other people on this SIM) see him in a bowl game and the combine, he will rocket up boards.

If I can't get Sewell, I want a lot of picks for #3 so whomever can get their QB. Got a lot of picks sliding twice, and was able to solidify four areas of weakness: Defensive line, CB, Offensive line, and WR. Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t see any way Surtain falls outside the top 10, let alone 19.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 12:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see any way Surtain falls outside the top 10, let alone 19.

Well, that may be the case but in this SIM, he was there.  It isn't just me saying that I will take first round picks in every round that have no chance of being there.  There is actually a pretty deep CB class and there are a number that will likely go in Rd 1.  When I do these, it isn't always just a player that I want, but trying to address a specific position group if I have a lot of guys with a similar rating.  
Reply/Quote
I did a pfn mock with a trade down with Miami:

Bengals trade #3 to Miami, Miami trades #6, #38(2nd) and #122 (4th)

1) Greg Rousseau-DE (Miami)
2) Alex Leatherwood-OT (Alabama)
2b from Miami) Marvin Wilson-DT (Fla. St)
3) Deonte Brown-OG (Alabama)
4) Tylan Wallace-WR (Okla.St)
4b #122 from Miami) Jack Jones- CB (Arizona St.)
5) Zamir White- RB (Georgia)
6) Greg Eisworth- S (Iowa St.)
7) Peyton Hendershot- TE (Indiana)
7) Tariq Castro Ficlos CB (Penn St)

- tried to focus on upgrading both trenches in this draft in the first 3 rds, before going after the skill positions which aren't as much of a need and hope we sign a few FA's before draft to address WR, CB firstly.
Reply/Quote