Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 4.0 no trades...first 5
Only did the first 5 picks because I ran out of time...I will add comments on the selections later:

Round 1 Pick 11: White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A-)

Talent is one thing, but this guy is the leader we need on our defense.  He was the heart and soul of a very tough LSU defense.  He didn't come unhinged because they had one of the most pathetic offenses in the country.  He just tried to win every game.  Fast enough for today's NFL, big and tough enough to stuff the run.  He's a perfect fit.

Round 2 Pick 10: Little, Greg, OT/OG, Mississippi (A-)

The LT of the future, and perhaps the current RT?  I think he can push Hart and serve as a backup for Glenn.  Quick, long, and strong...

Round 3 Pick 8: Thornhill, Juan, SS, Virginia (A)

The SS we need to pair with Bates at FS.  I love his freakish ability (44" vertical) and his ball skills:  A staggering 13 interceptions and 26 pass breakups in his three years as a starter.  I am so high on this guy that I was considering taking him in Rd 2 but Little was still there.  

Round 4 Pick 8: Oliver, Josh, TE, San Jose State (A+)

Kind of a sleeper pick because of his school, but he put up great numbers despite being the main weapon on offense.  Has great route skills and hands.  His blocking is just ok, but with NFL strength training and his current ability he could become a strong TE2.

Round 5 Pick 11: Fields, Mark, CB, Clemson (A+)

Great athlete with NFL bloodlines (Dad was a Pro Bowl LB) that was not in the starting lineup a lot due to injuries, but was a ball hawk when he was.  Two passes defensed against Alabama, and he is a solid tackler.  Would start as quality depth, but could absolutely end up being a starting CB here. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like that!
Reply/Quote
Sign me up for this. Gosh, I hope White falls to us.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 12:14 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Sign me up for this. Gosh, I hope White falls to us.

You and every Bengals fan there is....
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 01:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You and every Bengals fan there is....

Call me crazy, but I am really starting to wonder if the other Devin isn't a better fit for today's NFL.

I wouldn't be disappointed with either, but something tells me that Bush may be a better fit.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 01:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Call me crazy, but I am really starting to wonder if the other Devin isn't a better fit for today's NFL.

I wouldn't be disappointed with either, but something tells me that Bush may be a better fit.

Why would Bush be a better fit?

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 04:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why would Bush be a better fit?

The plus on Bush vs. White is supposed to be "instincts", but I really have trouble seeing a deficiency in White on that subject.  I watched that guy play a lot and he was always in the right spot and strikes with ferocity.  I don't feel Bush's size is an issue at all.   If the Bengals don't get White, and Ed Oliver is gone, I hope they will try to slide and get Dexter Lawrence.  I love the idea of him next to Geno.  However, if Oliver and White are gone, the top OT might be there, so there's always that.

I love where we are at and I love this time of year.  
Reply/Quote
I like it

With all our more pressing needs I'm not sure I go safety in rd. 3 however if it's one of those BPA things then so be it.

If Andy, AJ, Geno, and Carlos are to have any chance at all and to be honest I'm not sure this is ? They're going to have to knock this draft out of the park !
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 01:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Call me crazy, but I am really starting to wonder if the other Devin isn't a better fit for today's NFL.

I hear ya, my problem with Bush is, he seemed to be a non factor in big games. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 11:43 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I hear ya, my problem with Bush is, he seemed to be a non factor in big games. 

You have a problem with Bush? I see us not drafting him and he plays like shazier. I see us drafting him and he’s not much better than what we have. 11 feels a bit rich but we obviously need lb help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 12:21 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You have a problem with Bush?  I see us not drafting him and he plays like shazier.  I see us drafting him and he’s not much better than what we have.  11 feels a bit rich but we obviously need lb help

If we took Bush, I wouldn't be upset or make me think the world was coming to an end.  I also have have the same thought you are seeing.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 12:21 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You have a problem with Bush?  I see us not drafting him and he plays like shazier.  I see us drafting him and he’s not much better than what we have.  11 feels a bit rich but we obviously need lb help

Slide back if White isn't there (or Oliver) and take Bush right in front of pittWink
Reply/Quote