Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 5.0- My Fav so far
Round 1 Pick 11: White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A-)

Let's face it: We had a playoff defense when Burfict was at his best, and we didn't when he wasn't at his best or on the field. This all-around, 3-down LB will be the leader on our defense for the next decade. Hates losing. Imposing attitude. High Character. He checks every box and he did it on a team with a pathetic offense. His defense kept them in every game.

Round 2 Pick 10: McGary, Kaleb, OT, Washington (A-)

Might still start the season behind Hart, but will probably earn the starting role by year's end. Had a heart arrhythmia. similar to Fisher, but checked out medically and has all the tools to be our RT of the future. High-character guy with lunch-pail mentality.

Round 3 Pick 8: Hooker, Amani, FS/SS, Iowa (A-)

Couldn't believe he was there and a pre-draft burrito allowed for crop-dusting of the entire steeler fan section as I sprinted to the podium for the pick. Hooker is a fierce burner than could play either safety position, but the Bengals see him as our SS of the future.

Round 4 Pick 8: Long Jr., David, ILB/OLB, West Virginia (B+)

No one seems to like him as much as I do, but the bottom line to this guy is speed and instincts. He is a tackling machine that is used to covering sideline to sideline from an ILB position. Closing speed when he key allows him to rush is outstanding. Led all LBs with 7 sacks last year. Amazing balance when pinballed around to stay on his feet and make a play. Another high-character leader.

Round 5 Pick 11: Sample, Drew, TE, Washington (A+)

The Bengals finally take a TE that is an outstanding blocker than can still move the chains instead of a receiver that they will try to teach to block (and fail). He is ANOTHER high-character, team-first guy that I love. Has all the tools to be a surprise in the NFL and will be an immediate help in the run game and special teams.

Round 6 Pick 10: Fields, Mark, CB, Clemson (A+)

First round talent with later round numbers because of injury and the level of competition around him. If he started three straight years and put up the numbers he is capable of in college, the scouts would be drooling all over him. In reality, he won't be there this late. The Pats will take him in the third round and everyone will say "WHO?" and then he will be an outstanding player for them.

Round 6 Pick 25: Bars, Alex, OG, Notre Dame (A+)

Very solid Guard that doesn't wow with his measurables but is a stout player that dealt with some injuries at ND. He might start off as a backup, but with a year of training, he will push for a starting job.

Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Boykin, Miles, WR, Notre Dame (A+)

Ridiculous athlete with incredible catch radius. Has outstanding size and strength, but has some inconsistencies in his game. Our offensive and coaching staff will be able to get the most out of him.

Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A+)

Outstanding athlete that will provide quality depth and could be a diamond from the later rounds. Projects as a slot corner, a la Adam Jones.

Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Gray, Derwin, OT, Maryland (A+)

Great tools that had poor coaching in college. He has potential to stick as a backup OT (right side most likely) or guard.

Round 7 Pick 9: Gilbert III, Ulysees, OLB, Akron (A+)

Will be one of the fastest LBs on the field. See him as a hybrid safety/nickel LB. Special teams ace that could surprise if given the shot by a creative DC.

I shouldn't do any others (but probably will because I can't help myself) but I absolutely love this draft. What say you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This probably is the best mock so far! I don't see Gilbert lasting to the 7th rd though. Sample is a steal and will contribute in year 1.
Reply/Quote
Well, what can i say, cannot have a much better Draft than this. Great job SHRacer, great Mock.

I can see why its your fave, McGary's heart problem gives me pause cause of Fisher but he is ten times the prospect that Fisher was with much more physicality to his game. Think he could be a very good RT for us. This Mock fixes our weaknesses well and i also would love to get Sample that late. Very deep draft for TE's yah never know. I am with you on David Long Jr. Think he could be a great grab in the 3rd and especially in the 4th.

Amani Hooker really impressed me last year when i watched him, would be a steal in the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote