Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 5.0 for 2021: Sewell gone again
I took one trade back to gain an additional 2nd rounder. Sewell went #2 overall. I really like this draft. It keeps Jonah at LT, with Adeniji the developmental swing tackle.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9 (LAC): JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU (A+): Elite WR. Combined with Boyd and Higgins, this WR corps could be one of the best in the league.

Round 2 Pick 3: Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (A): Inside beast to pair next to Reader.

Round 2 Pick 9 (LAC): Kary Vincent, CB, LSU (B+): Speed to burn with ascending talent this year. Needs more development but the tools are there.

Round 3 Pick 3: Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama (A): Mauling Road Grader to help transform the right side of the line

Round 4 Pick 3: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota (A+): Biggest man to ever play professional football. Ok, I don't know that to be true, but at 6'8" and 400 lbs, this former rugby player (!) is a mammoth man. Surprisingly agile, too. A bargain Bechton, and our RT of the future.

Round 5 Pick 3: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn (A+): John Ross speed with a better WR's routes, agility, and hands. Might be the fastest player in college football, and will give ZT another weapon for jet sweeps, shallow crosses, and deep shots. Tracks the deep ball very well.

Round 6 Pick 3: Brenton Cox, DE/OLB, Florida (A+): Needs to work more on counter moves, but if he was playing up to his physical potential, he wouldn't be available here. I think with the right tools and energy around him he could be a good situational pass rusher.

Round 7 Pick 3: Chase Allen, TE, Iowa State (A+): a big, long target at 6'7" and 240 lbs, Chase is actually a solid blocker and has a massive catch radius. Not used enough to really be high on anyone's radar, but huge upside.

Round 7 Pick 11: Grayson Atkins, K, North Carolina (B): Powerful kicker with great accuracy. Bye FR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 02:25 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I took one trade back to gain an additional 2nd rounder.  Sewell went #2 overall.  I really like this draft.  It keeps Jonah at LT, with Adeniji the developmental swing tackle.  

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9 (LAC): JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU (A+):  Elite WR.  Combined with Boyd and Higgins, this WR corps could be one of the best in the league.  

Round 2 Pick 3: Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (A):  Inside beast to pair next to Reader.  

Round 2 Pick 9 (LAC): Kary Vincent, CB, LSU (B+):  Speed to burn with ascending talent this year.  Needs more development but the tools are there.  

Round 3 Pick 3: Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama (A):  Mauling Road Grader to help transform the right side of the line

Round 4 Pick 3: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota (A+):  Biggest man to ever play professional football.  Ok, I don't know that to be true, but at 6'8" and 400 lbs, this former rugby player (!) is a mammoth man.  Surprisingly agile, too.  A bargain Bechton, and our RT of the future.

Round 5 Pick 3: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn (A+):  John Ross speed with a better WR's routes, agility, and hands.  Might be the fastest player in college football, and will give ZT another weapon for jet sweeps, shallow crosses, and deep shots.  Tracks the deep ball very well.  

Round 6 Pick 3: Brenton Cox, DE/OLB, Florida (A+):  Needs to work more on counter moves, but if he was playing up to his physical potential, he wouldn't be available here.  I think with the right tools and energy around him he could be a good situational pass rusher.  

Round 7 Pick 3: Chase Allen, TE, Iowa State (A+):  a big, long target at 6'7" and 240 lbs, Chase is actually a solid blocker and has a massive catch radius.  Not used enough to really be high on anyone's radar, but huge upside.

Round 7 Pick 11: Grayson Atkins, K, North Carolina (B):  Powerful kicker with great accuracy.  Bye FR.
Only one edge pass rusher at pick 6? I assume Free Agency is where we improve? 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 03:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Only one edge pass rusher at pick 6? I assume Free Agency is where we improve? 

We have to sign Lawson, and pairing him with Kareem and Hubbard, and that 6th rounder should see action.  A draft isn't always just filling needs, it is about value.  There simply wasn't value for a pass rushing DE, but Barmore would be a massive upgrade in the middle.  Having Reader back helps as well.  I can't help but think ADG should be used more as an edge rusher.  

What position would you sacrifice to get that round talent edge rusher?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote