Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 5.0
Still trying to stay away from trades and FA assumptions. Here is what I came up with:

Round 1 Pick 1: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)- Duh

Round 2 Pick 1: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A-)- Versatile burner that can replace Green long term and open up the deep field.

Round 3 Pick 1: AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson (A)- Had an off Championship game (who didn't against LSU?) but is a very solid starting caliber CB

Round 4 Pick 1: Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A+): Freak athlete from a small school. Could push Williams out by mid-year.

Round 5 Pick 1: Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky (B-): Wasn't the biggest fan of his Senior Bowl week, but I think he is coachable and a mauler. Will likely need a year to gain strength and technique.

Round 6 Pick 1: Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado (A+): Poor Man's Geno

Round 7 Pick 1: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+): Best kicker to come out of college in years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice! Not the biggest fan of going WR in round 2 but I could definitely see the Bengals going that direction. I’d prefer Tee Higgins if available but Reagor is good as well. Round 3 and 4 would definitely help sure up the secondary. Those are two of my favorite prospects at those positions. Sternberg in the 5th would be a good grab to help sure up the interior line. I like Blankenship a lot as well. I could see the Bengals picking him up in the 7th or as an UDFA to give Bullock some competition. Overall I’d be good with it. I would just prefer one more Oline pick somewhere. Also, no linebacker would be kind of a surprise.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 11:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Still trying to stay away from trades and FA assumptions.  Here is what I came up with:

Round 1 Pick 1: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)- Duh

Round 2 Pick 1: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A-)- Versatile burner that can replace Green long term and open up the deep field.

Round 3 Pick 1: AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson (A)- Had an off Championship game (who didn't against LSU?) but is a very solid starting caliber CB

Round 4 Pick 1: Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A+):  Freak athlete from a small school.  Could push Williams out by mid-year.

Round 5 Pick 1: Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky (B-):  Wasn't the biggest fan of his Senior Bowl week, but I think he is coachable and a mauler.  Will likely need a year to gain strength and technique.

Round 6 Pick 1: Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado (A+):  Poor Man's Geno

Round 7 Pick 1: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+):  Best kicker to come out of college in years.

I'm genuinely torn on the WR int he 2nd round. With that said, if I did go WR in the 2nd, I want Jefferson, Shenault or Higgins.

I really really don't want Reagor. He's mostly a speed demon style WR with drop problems.

Which is just a little too similar to John Ross for me...

I love the Terrell and Dugger picks, but I would have liked an offensive lineman before the 5th round.
Reply/Quote
Denzel Mims will be one of the best receivers out of this draft. Take him if he’s there in the 2nd no question.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 01:09 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Nice! Not the biggest fan of going WR in round 2 but I could definitely see the Bengals going that direction. I’d prefer Tee Higgins if available but Reagor is good as well. Round 3 and 4 would definitely help sure up the secondary. Those are two of my favorite prospects at those positions. Sternberg in the 5th would be a good grab to help sure up the interior line. I like Blankenship a lot as well. I could see the Bengals picking him up in the 7th or as an UDFA to give Bullock some competition. Overall I’d be good with it. I would just prefer one more Oline pick somewhere. Also, no linebacker would be kind of a surprise.

I looked and had desires to grab an OT or OG in earlier rounds, but this is a very likely scenario:  Look at the TE we drafted in Rd 2 last year.  I still have high hopes for him, but was he the BPA?  Heck, no.  Did we need a TE to replace EIfert as he clearly aged and wasn't the same player as years ago?  Sure we did, but they reached.  I wasn't going to take a 4th round LB in the 3rd round because we needed one, and the talent that was there in Rd 3 and Rd 4 have first round talent.  I understand these players are likely to rise big-time after the combine, but I had to take the most talented players and if you think about this defense....SS and CB are just as big a need if not bigger as LB.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote