Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 6.0 2021- NO FA, Sewell gone, 1 trade
I made one trade since the player I really coveted was gone and gained an additional 2nd and late 3rd rounder.

Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU (A)- Our #1 WR and the best WR prospect since AJ Green, who worked out pretty well around here and he didn't often have the caliber of Boyd and Higgins with him. When he did (2015), Bengals were one of the best offenses in the league before Dalton broke his thumb.

Round 2 Pick 5: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia (A)- I believe WJIII will be gone. The Bengals will sign Lawson and Alexander, but lose WJIII. This guy has great fluidity for his length and plays the ball in the air well.

Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Jaylen Twyman, DT, Pittsburgh (A): Geno's replacement. A strong, quick 3T

Round 3 Pick 5: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota (A): Basically a bus with long arms. Third and short? I got you.

Round 3 Pick 8 (CAR): Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama (A+): Best blocker on Bama's line. A great road grader for RG next to Faalele and surprisingly agile for a big man.

Round 4 Pick 5: Chris Rumph, DE/OLB, Duke (A+): A joler. Can be put anywhere and he gets through. Uncanny ability to "get skinny" and fly by guys. Third and long with this guy outside with Lawson, and Hubbard inside with Twyman? Yes, please.

Round 5 Pick 5: Zaven Collins, DE/OLB, Tulsa (A+): Depth and talent at the DE are problems no more. Another freak athlete with relentless energy

Round 6 Pick 5: Tyreke Johnson, CB, Ohio State (A+): Underrated only because of his lack of experience. Has all the tools. A steal here.

Round 7 Pick 5: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida (A+): Some say the fastest man in college football. Needs to catch with his hands more and less with his body, but a threat on deep balls, screens, and sweeps. Dangerous with his hands on the ball. A great complement to the starting 3.

Round 7 Pick 7: Grayson Atkins, K, North Carolina (B): Basically, he isn't Fat Randy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I made one trade since the player I really coveted was gone and gained an additional 2nd and late 3rd rounder.  

Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU (A)-  Our #1 WR and the best WR prospect since AJ Green, who worked out pretty well around here and he didn't often have the caliber of Boyd and Higgins with him.  When he did (2015), Bengals were one of the best offenses in the league before Dalton broke his thumb.  

Round 2 Pick 5: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia (A)-  I believe WJIII will be gone.  The Bengals will sign Lawson and Alexander, but lose WJIII.  This guy has great fluidity for his length and plays the ball in the air well.  

Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Jaylen Twyman, DT, Pittsburgh (A):  Geno's replacement.  A strong, quick 3T

Round 3 Pick 5: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota (A):  Basically a bus with long arms.  Third and short?  I got you.

Round 3 Pick 8 (CAR): Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama (A+):  Best blocker on Bama's line.  A great road grader for RG next to Faalele and surprisingly agile for a big man.

Round 4 Pick 5: Chris Rumph, DE/OLB, Duke (A+):  A joler.  Can be put anywhere and he gets through.  Uncanny ability to "get skinny" and fly by guys.  Third and long with this guy outside with Lawson, and Hubbard inside with Twyman?  Yes, please.  

Round 5 Pick 5: Zaven Collins, DE/OLB, Tulsa (A+):  Depth and talent at the DE are problems no more.  Another freak athlete with relentless energy

Round 6 Pick 5: Tyreke Johnson, CB, Ohio State (A+):  Underrated only because of his lack of experience.  Has all the tools.  A steal here.

Round 7 Pick 5: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida (A+):  Some say the fastest man in college football. Needs to catch with his hands more and less with his body, but a threat on deep balls, screens, and sweeps.  Dangerous with his hands on the ball.  A great complement to the starting 3.  

Round 7 Pick 7: Grayson Atkins, K, North Carolina (B):  Basically, he isn't Fat Randy.

Just out of curiosity, who was Carolina trading up to get?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
First, thanks for the taking the time and effort with your draft.. One area I would have a major issue is waiting to take a project OT... If we don;t have a FA lineman projected.. no way I wait to take more of a project at NFL, especially with Faalele sitting out this year and missing major development at Tackle... I would use 8th pick for our tackle more important than WR..
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First, thanks for the taking the time and effort with your draft.. One area I would have a major issue is waiting to take a project OT... If we don;t have a FA lineman projected.. no way I wait to take more of a project at NFL, especially with Faalele sitting out this year and missing major development at  Tackle... I would use 8th pick for our tackle more important than WR..

I agree with this sentiment.
Unless a proven RT is brought in via FA, I'd probably rather go Darrisaw or Slater at 8 and get WR later.
But I understand why Chase would be the pick at 8. He's a blue chip prospect and already has chemistry with Burrow.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure where you got your round projections but you are way late on a couple of guys. Collins and Toney are fringe 1st round players, maybe 2nd rounders, and you have them on day 3.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm not sure where you got your round projections but you are way late on a couple of guys. Collins and Toney are fringe 1st round players, maybe 2nd rounders, and you have them on day 3.

Given the school-style grade ratings, I'd imagine it was via some simulator.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Given the school-style grade ratings, I'd imagine it was via some simulator.

Toney could for sure hit the late 2nd or 3rd if he doesn't run as fast as some are assuming he will. He looks like a high 4.3 guy on tape but if he is like mid 4.4 he could drop. Collins, I just don't see how he isn't gone by the mid 2nd. He is a 3-4 OLB that can actually stand up and cover really well. Honestly, for everyone that loves Parsons, Collins is the small school version of him but can cover. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Toney could for sure hit the late 2nd or 3rd if he doesn't run as fast as some are assuming he will. He looks like a high 4.3 guy on tape but if he is like mid 4.4 he could drop. Collins, I just don't see how he isn't gone by the mid 2nd. He is a 3-4 OLB that can actually stand up and cover really well. Honestly, for everyone that loves Parsons, Collins is the small school version of him but can cover. 

TDN has Collins listed as 25th overall prospect.
Toney now 30th overall, but he was listed at least a couple rounds later just a week or two ago.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: TDN has Collins listed as 25th overall prospect.

Yea, that sounds about right. I think needs could push him down a little just if there is a big run on QB's and such but man the kid is so freaking good. If we were to trade back a few times to stock pile day 3 picks I would be 100% cool with taking him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just out of curiosity, who was Carolina trading up to get?

Justin Fields
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First, thanks for the taking the time and effort with your draft.. One area I would have a major issue is waiting to take a project OT... If we don;t have a FA lineman projected.. no way I wait to take more of a project at NFL, especially with Faalele sitting out this year and missing major development at  Tackle... I would use 8th pick for our tackle more important than WR..

That is a smart and conservative approach, but I love Chase and Faalele is a perfect prospect for RT.  I would keep Hart as the starter until Faalele unseats him.  I also like Adeniji with a year under his belt and a new offensive line coach. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm not sure where you got your round projections but you are way late on a couple of guys. Collins and Toney are fringe 1st round players, maybe 2nd rounders, and you have them on day 3.

They aren't projections.  It is an active SIM.  There is no way in hell Toney is a fringe first round player...at least not in my opinion, but it only takes one.  

Collins is a very strong candidate for 2nd or 3rd round, but I think he would have to blow up the combine to be a fringe first rounder...which is entirely possible.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 08:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They aren't projections.  It is an active SIM.  There is no way in hell Toney is a fringe first round player...at least not in my opinion, but it only takes one.  

Collins is a very strong candidate for 2nd or 3rd round, but I think he would have to blow up the combine to be a fringe first rounder...which is entirely possible.  

Kadarius Toney and Zaven Collins are both considered first round picks. Toney has really jumped up the draft boards playing full time receiver this year instead of thr gadget he played in 2019. Collins is considered the second best stack linebacker in the draft and has more difficult reads than Parsons.

Tyreke Johnson ranked over Toney? Did Johnson even play? You shouldn't use that SIM anymore.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 08:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They aren't projections.  It is an active SIM.  There is no way in hell Toney is a fringe first round player...at least not in my opinion, but it only takes one.  

Again, your data is way off.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Kadarius Toney and Zaven Collins are both considered first round picks. Toney has really jumped up the draft boards playing full time receiver this year instead of thr gadget he played in 2019. Collins is considered the second best stack linebacker in the draft and has more difficult reads than Parsons.

Tyreke Johnson ranked over Toney? Did Johnson even play? You shouldn't use that SIM anymore.

Some of the sims Toney was gone in Rd 2.  It is just how it works out.  Once the consensus top 50 picks (or even top 100) are fairly popular with a lot of people, the SIM tends to get very accurate by the time the draft is executed.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: Again, your data is way off.

I guess we will see. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: TDN has Collins listed as 25th overall prospect.
Toney now 30th overall, but he was listed at least a couple rounds later just a week or two ago.

Yeah Toney will go in round 2 IMO.
Reply/Quote