Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 9.0 No Trades, realistic scenario
There was a run on QBs and LBs that allowed for the first pick of Taylor.

The rest of the draft went pretty well, although I wanted another LB and the guys I wanted went a bit earlier than I had hoped. Ditto Sample the TE and Cominsky, the DE.

Round 1 Pick 11: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 10: Mack Wilson, ILB/OLB, Alabama (B-)
Round 3 Pick 8: Amani Hooker, FS/SS, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 8: Greg Gaines, DT, Washington (B)
Round 5 Pick 11: Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor (B+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Maxx Crosby, DE, E. Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Mark Fields, CB, Clemson (A)
Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Trevon Wesco, TE, West Virginia (A-)
Round 7 Pick 9: Jazz Ferguson, WR, Northwestern State (A+)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be pretty pumped if the top 2 picks went that way. I don't know much about a lot of the guys but think Hurd, Sheffield, and Hyatt would be absolute steals.

Without knowing who was available in the 3rd, I hope they wait on safety. C, CB, and S are the only positions I don't see as a need this year or next. Unless I'm forgetting someone, all the other positions are either a weakness or have expiring contracts/aging veterans.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 09:29 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'd be pretty pumped if the top 2 picks went that way. I don't know much about a lot of the guys but think Hurd, Sheffield, and Hyatt would be absolute steals.

Without knowing who was available in the 3rd, I hope they wait on safety. C, CB, and S are the only positions I don't see as a need this year or next. Unless I'm forgetting someone, all the other positions are either a weakness or have expiring contracts/aging veterans.

He was just a classic BPA.  Just like when they took Whit years ago, they had tackles, but he ended up being a cornerstone player.  Hooker is one of a handful of SS that could push Williams and provide outstanding ball-hawking depth.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of Wilson. I think his hype is because of the Bama LB mystic, IMO. I do like this draft and would be very happy with it. Taylor could be our LT of the future. Gaines, might be a little high here, but will surprise some people with how well he plays and being about the most unathletic looking person. Sheffeld, if they can coach him up to play the ball, we have a diamond in the ruff. Like the Mitch Hyatt pick, steady nothing flashing.
Reply/Quote