Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX- No slide, No trade accepted mock, post FA
I really, really liked this one...

I know a lot of people think Robinson would never slide that far, but the recent bust rate at LTs struggling with speed rushers might push him down a bit.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Derek Barnett, DE/OLB, Tennessee (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (B+)
Round 3 Pick 9: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 9: Zach Banner, OG/OT, Southern California (B+)
Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois (A-)
Round 5 Pick 9: Shaquill Griffin, CB, UCF (B+)
Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh (A-)
Round 6 Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (B)
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): DeAngelo Brown, DT, Louisville (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor (B-)
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss (C-)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a fan, honestly. If I'm going DE at 9, it needs to be a guy with elite get off or more than one way to win and Barnett has neither. Then, we go with three straight OL in a weak OL class. We had one of the worst scoring offenses in the league last year, and we don't get a skill position player until our 4th round comp. I would have to take a hard pass on this.
Reply/Quote
Solid. I did one last night and cam went at 40! I would have done something different at 4a but that's about all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 11:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: Not a fan, honestly.  If I'm going DE at 9, it needs to be a guy with elite get off or more than one way to win and Barnett has neither.  Then, we go with three straight OL in a weak OL class.  We had one of the worst scoring offenses in the league last year, and we don't get a skill position player until our 4th round comp.  I would have to take a hard pass on this.

This!!   Not one of your best at all IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 11:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: Not a fan, honestly.  If I'm going DE at 9, it needs to be a guy with elite get off or more than one way to win and Barnett has neither.  Then, we go with three straight OL in a weak OL class.  We had one of the worst scoring offenses in the league last year, and we don't get a skill position player until our 4th round comp.  I would have to take a hard pass on this.

I don't know where you are getting this about Barnett.  His combine gets a pass because of illness, but I will be anxious to see how many people get back on his bandwagon after his pro day.  Remember, the Bengals like production, and this guy has it in spades, at a very high level of competition.  
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 01:30 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know where you are getting this about Barnett.  His combine gets a pass because of illness, but I will be anxious to see how many people get back on his bandwagon after his pro day.  Remember, the Bengals like production, and this guy has it in spades, at a very high level of competition.  

If you watch his film, it's apparent that he doesn't have an effective bull rush or an inside move.  He rushes outside almost exclusively and tries to bend the corner.  He doesn't have elite get off, so he guesses at the snap count to compensate.  In college, it worked to great effect, but in the NFL, he will get shut down just doing the same move over and over.  He will need to mix his rush up to keep the T guessing to be effective.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I really, really liked this one...

I know a lot of people think Robinson would never slide that far, but the recent bust rate at LTs struggling with speed rushers might push him down a bit.  

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9: Derek Barnett, DE/OLB, Tennessee (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (B+)
Round 3 Pick 9: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 9: Zach Banner, OG/OT, Southern California (B+)
Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois (A-)
Round 5 Pick 9: Shaquill Griffin, CB, UCF (B+)
Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh (A-)
Round 6 Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (B)
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): DeAngelo Brown, DT, Louisville (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor (B-)
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss (C-)

I am a fan of this mock. I am well aware the current Bengals line as constructed is absolute Dog Poo. I am also aware

even though this is not the year to draft Olineman because of a weak class, but I don't think the Bengals have a choice.

Lets take the 2015 draft where they took Ced and Fisher at #1 and #2, one "may" have a future, and the other is most likely a bust.

If they took 3 Olineman in rounds 2,3,4 of this draft I wouldn't have a problem with it, because I am assuming at least one of those guys

will be a bust, one may be a starter, and the other a bench depth guy.
Reply/Quote