Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Pre-Combine / Pre-FA Mock Draft
(02-22-2018, 08:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Why do people, every year I bring this up, act like any of these prospects don’t need improvement and coaching?
Every prospect has warts. Every prospect needs to get better. Every prospect is a gamble.

OG Nelson doesn't....
he's plug & play....
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 08:17 PM)Steve Wrote: I want a LT at 12.....
imo, fast DE's will just run around Brown.....too big/slow....
if we go OT at 12 I want McGlinchey

So do I. McGlinchey is a natural LT with all the tools and comers out of a good program that runs a pro style offense. What that means is he is the exact sort of plug and play pick we need. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 08:37 PM)Steve Wrote: OG Nelson doesn't....
he's plug & play....

Lots of prospects are plug & play, doesn't mean they can't still get better or need to get better. I could waste my time and post a bunch oflinks to draft pundits listing the areas where Nelson can improve, but I'm too stoned.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 08:37 PM)Steve Wrote: OG Nelson doesn't....
he's plug & play....

So is his teammate, so if we are going to go LT at 12 McGlinchey should be the pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 07:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So is his teammate, so if we are going to go LT at 12 McGlinchey should be the pick.

that would be fine w/ me....
i'd rather have McGlinchey over Brown .....
i'm just afraid Brown is so big/heavy he'd get beat by speedy outside rushers.....
but we seem to love road graders.....
so who knows...?
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 01:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Lots of prospects are plug & play, doesn't mean they can't still get better or need to get better. I could waste my time and post a bunch oflinks to draft pundits listing the areas where Nelson can improve, but I'm too stoned.

420....I hear ya... ThumbsUp
Nelson will be a beast for many years.....
he should go in the top 7....
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 11:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not sure how true that is.
It's worth noting that in 2015 and 2016, Brown was the LT for the line that had both Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine rush for 2000+ combined yards each year.
Yes, Brown doesn't have ideal feet for LT in the NFL, but he does have incredible length and size that has allowed him to be very successful both in the pass and run game to seal away defenders and open up holes. He also does have an aggressive demeanor when blocking in the run game. He's not a very passive guy like Ogbuehi.

For me, Brown has about the same limitations as Andre Smith had/has.
Experienced LT in college that might be a better fit at RT in the NFL due to his more sluggish feet but has ideal size and length to still block well.
If in a scheme that favors rushing over passing, Brown might be able to be a quality LT in the NFL.

Agree LT is not in his future

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 10:24 PM)Steve Wrote: that would be fine w/ me....
i'd rather have McGlinchey over Brown .....
i'm just afraid Brown is so big/heavy he'd get beat by speedy outside rushers.....
but we seem to love road graders.....
so who knows...?

Yeah, Orlando is a RT, not a LT that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Brown just slid out of round 1 so much for top 12 pick. I am not a big combine guy, but his bench press was flat out pathetic and they needed an hour glass to time him in the 40.

Yikes, that was one bad day for Brown
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Orlando is a RT, not a LT that is for sure.

after his terrible combine i'd say he should be taken off of the Bengals board
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 09:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like Brown just slid out of round 1 so much for top 12 pick. I am not a big combine guy, but his bench press was flat out pathetic and they needed an hour glass to time him in the 40.

(03-03-2018, 10:21 AM)Steve Wrote: after his terrible combine i'd say he should be taken off of the Bengals board

Reminds me of this

[Image: andre-smith_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=800&q...crop_y=top]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 12:30 PM)Stewy Wrote: Reminds me of this

After years of trying to erase this from image you had to hit the refresh button for me. 

Gee thanks. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 10:21 AM)Steve Wrote: after his terrible combine i'd say he should be taken off of the Bengals board

Think he should just be moved down to the later rounds on their board. 

Would still gamble from 4th round or down on the guy. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 12:30 PM)Stewy Wrote: Reminds me of this

Omg? I just noticed Admiral Ackbar hidden in this photo?

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 09:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like Brown just slid out of round 1 so much for top 12 pick. I am not a big combine guy, but his bench press was flat out pathetic and they needed an hour glass to time him in the 40.

Yes sir. Turrrible.

Eh, i am with Go Cards here. If he is around in the 4th or later i would take him.

(03-03-2018, 12:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think he should just be moved down to the later rounds on their board. 

Would still gamble from 4th round or down on the guy. 

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 12:30 PM)Stewy Wrote: [Image: andre-smith_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=800&q...crop_y=top]

(03-04-2018, 11:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Omg? I just noticed Admiral Ackbar hidden in this photo?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote