Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Video - Burfict NFL's 'Villian'
(11-03-2017, 07:00 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: My sentiments entirely.

I'm not sure how Harrison, Mike Mitchell, Ward, and others have been able to get away with what they've done. A bit ridiculous...

The downside to not being a market team, unfortunately. Less people come to your defense because you bring less revenue in. 

Exactly. Burfict has done some pretty nasty stuff over the years, particularly trying to snap some ankles.... But has he ever speared anybody with the crown of his helmet? I'm honestly asking because I can't think of a single time he's ever done that. Meanwhile the likes of Mike Mitchell, Whines Hard, James Harrison and Ryan Shazier have made a living off that crap and you never hear a damn thing about it! Complete and utter bullshit. 

Sure Burfict has made some late, hard hits with his shoulder (hits that ten years ago would have been celebrated on the "JACK'D UP!" section of NFL Live), but has he ever made the cardinal sin of using his helmet as a deadly weapon?
Reply/Quote
I don't think Burfict is the villain people seem to think he is, but, what he did to Greg Olsen and Cam Newton a few years ago was reprehensible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 10:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I do 700 calories when I am cutting.

Whoa  Shocked  How in the heck are you alive? Major props, man.

The least I've ever done while trying to cut some weight was 2200 a day (along with two days of HIIT cardio a week). I can't imagine where you found the energy to even leave your house. Again, major props  ThumbsUp  
Reply/Quote

700 calories? But why? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Oh and BTW...his girlfriend is a SMOKE
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:51 PM)pally Wrote: Here is the link to the article that accompanied the video

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/01/24-hours-vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals

Thanks for sharing.....and I'd like to give a shout to Marv for seemingly putting all of this together with SI and Tez to get a different view of the man according to the article.  Good read. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 05:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Thanks for sharing.....and I'd like to give a shout to Marv for seemingly putting all of this together with SI and Tez to get a different view of the man according to the article.  Good read. :andy:

Marvin's relationship with Burfict is one of the only things I actually like about him as a coach in recent years. Some would have given up on him after a while. 

Reply/Quote

I do 9000 when I'm sitting.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 06:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin's relationship with Burfict is one of the only things I actually like about him as a coach in recent years. Some would have given up on him after a while. 

Yeah....and Merv is a good dude.  There are times that I wonder how well he'd do without Mike Clown getting in the way....but then you get a hint from a guy like Lazor that it is Merv making seemingly foolish personnel decisions, and I think he's a big part of the problem too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Fans of the NFL have perceptions that are so easily shaped. If you look at any comments section Burfict is a murderer and the Bengals recruit from prisons.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 10:57 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Fans of the NFL have perceptions that are so easily shaped. If you look at any comments section Burfict is a murderer and the Bengals recruit from prisons.

Most people are probably shocked when you tell them he's NEVER had any off the field issues. 

Reply/Quote
Good deal SI !

Maybe this will help just a tiny bit to dissolve the Vontaze is a baby killer that steals children in the night image that's been painted on him.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 10:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: Couldn't help but be a little jealous of that.... Smirk

Yeah, sounds badass when he starts it up. I just hope he is respecting that horsepower, and doesn't wrap it around a tree....
Reply/Quote
To LeVeon Bell--

You don't get a say. Go smoke a blunt and STFU.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Doesn't seem like VB has done much the past couple games. Hope that's not a byproduct of cleaning up his game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Most of the hate that rains on Burfict is from other players around the league who can't stand how great he is and put them in their place. In addition to those homer announcers and refs who are supposed to be biased but deep down have a fav that Burfict disrupts. He's never really been bad, but just that damn good. He had a learning curve in a drastically changing NFL. SI did a good job of showing the real player and not the BS conjured up by those who fear his talent. Guy loves football and give it his all. I love his work ethic and his passion. He possesses values that seemingly are rapidly deteriorating in many players today. NFL should thank him for his passion instead of penalizing him for it. If anyone is a thug, it's the NFL themselves as they are headhunting him every week trying to find a way to get rid of him.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 11:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Most people are probably shocked when you tell them he's NEVER had any off the field issues. 

He burnt his house down as a kid... And he used to fight Vatos Locos for fun.

But yeah. He's pretty misunderstood. A wild man on the field, and kinda ordinary off of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 09:41 PM)jason Wrote: He burnt his house down as a kid... And he used to fight Vatos Locos for fun.

But yeah. He's pretty misunderstood. A wild man on the field, and kinda ordinary off of it.

He's never been arrested was my point. 

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 06:37 AM)Takedown Wrote: If Vontaze is the "villain" of the NFL then label the Steelers organization as the f***ing Death Star cause they're full of them. Just tired of the hypocrisy. Tez loves the game of football as do most, to be called out for dirty play while other players/teams (yes, especially the Steelers) don't is complete bs. I can give you a list of a dirty player from most teams today. There are others who don't get away with it I am aware, but Burfict has a laser on his head everywhere he goes. No breathing room whatsoever.

Well said. I love Burfict due to his football mind and his overall play. Never been a fan of the dirty stuff but it's been exaggerated to death. He's had maybe 2-3 plays that were seriously out of line (the ankle twist was one). I don't mind stuff like the ball tap. Nobody gets injured from stuff like that.

I really wish the NFL would at least be consistent, but it's clear that one team is allowed to be "physical" to gain an advantage, but not so much with other teams. The Steelers have always had their own set of rules, and we all know that had Burfict been drafted by the Steelers, everything would be swept under the rug, and hits such as the one made on Antonio Brown would just be deemed "unfortunate" rather than dirty.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Huge Burfict fan, but hes been awfully quiet the past few weeks. He needs to step up BIG against Jax. Him vs fournette in the hole will be man vs man
Reply/Quote