Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SI at Bengals Camp
I am really happy to hear that their seems to be an emphasis on maintaining focus and no "extra curricular" stuff. I've always thought that the Marvin led teams lack some focus at critical junctures in individual games and also the season. Maybe the playoff loss was the wake up call that everyone needed.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/10/cincinnati-bengals-nfl-training-camp-notebook
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 01:24 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am really happy to hear that their seems to be an emphasis on maintaining focus and no "extra curricular" stuff.  I've always thought that the Marvin led teams lack some focus at critical junctures in individual games and also the season.  Maybe the playoff loss was the wake up call that everyone needed.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/10/cincinnati-bengals-nfl-training-camp-notebook

Which one?  LOL  J/K   I actually tend to agree with your thoughts on lacking focus at critical moments.  But then again, it does show me a fiery passion, which is always good to see (just less good when it costs us a playoff win and shut all the media pundits up LOL)
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 01:26 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Which one?  LOL  J/K   I actually tend to agree with your thoughts on lacking focus at critical moments.  But then again, it does show me a fiery passion, which is always good to see (just less good when it costs us a playoff win and shut all the media pundits up LOL)

Sorry, I meant this last loss and the way it happened.  I agree with the "fiery passion", but have always thought they need to learn to keep it within the whistle.  Especially guys like Burfict and Jones, who have been told that the league is watching them.  Like it or not, the game changes, and you have to adjust.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 01:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Sorry, I meant this last loss and the way it happened.  I agree with the "fiery passion", but have always thought they need to learn to keep it within the whistle.  Especially guys like Burfict and Jones, who have been told that the league is watching them.  Like it or not, the game changes, and you have to adjust.

LOL  I assumed you were referencing last year's loss    I totally agree about your thoughts on those two specifically.  We ALL know that they are under a magnifying glass, which puts them both in a really unfair position.  They want to go 100%, but risk things like the end of the Pitt game and getting crap for taking things too far when you know everyone's watching them closely.  But if they pull it back like people want them to when it draws flags, then everyone is going to be up in arms about not playing 100%.  What can either guy do at that point!?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 01:33 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: LOL  I assumed you were referencing last year's loss    I totally agree about your thoughts on those two specifically.  We ALL know that they are under a magnifying glass, which puts them both in a really unfair position.  They want to go 100%, but risk things like the end of the Pitt game and getting crap for taking things too far when you know everyone's watching them closely.  But if they pull it back like people want them to when it draws flags, then everyone is going to be up in arms about not playing 100%.  What can either guy do at that point!?

I think they can learn from James Harrison.  The league began to change while he stubbornly refused to do so.  He racked up a bunch of fines (I think he got a suspension, but am not certain) and finally realized that he had to modify his game.  He was still a dominant player, he just needed to learn when to "cut it off" and what he could get away with.  They are both really good football players, they just have to keep their mind in the game and not let their emotions run away.  Just my opinion...
Reply/Quote
that's funny.  On MSN I found a link to the story you were linking above.  Good read.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Nice find
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote