Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
SICK Chase Shirt!
(07-28-2023, 02:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You deserve to get the product you ordered and have every right to complain. The vendor should have been more professional. I wasn’t trying to criticize you. I had a similar experience with one item I bought from Etsy. I, personally, wouldn’t have called their product hot garbage (even if it was) because that could offend them and make them less likely to give me what I want. Maybe build up to the hot garbage comment?

Yeah probably right, I should have lead with the RV curtain comment first :)  Hope by me posting it someone doesn't waste their $45.00 ordering.
Reply/Quote
Is Stevie Wonder sewing those hats together? Brilliant!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 02:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You deserve to get the product you ordered and have every right to complain. The vendor should have been more professional. I wasn’t trying to criticize you. I had a similar experience with one item I bought from Etsy. I, personally, wouldn’t have called their product hot garbage (even if it was) because that could offend them and make them less likely to give me what I want. Maybe build up to the hot garbage comment?

This reminds me of my daughter's idiot boyfriend. I walked in one day and he's screaming at the top of his lungs at the Verizon guy on the phone about his plan. When he was done and the call ended without him getting his way, I asked him at what point in time, did he ever think,  threatening or yelling was going to work in his favor? Of course, he got angry at me because he felt I was lecturing him. He was probably trying to show off in front of my daughter and instead looked like an idiot. Thank god she's no longer with that clown.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not the way to deal with customers but it’s a small business so he probably got defensive/insulted because they obviously don’t have that many reviews yet.

I will say that if they are going to charge as much as Fanatics then they better sell items with Fanatics quality. Like someone already said - that’s a lot of money for unlicensed hats and shirts.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 02:02 AM)rupethereitis Wrote: I know you were trying to do your friend a solid, but he needs to get out of the apparel business.  They don't manufacturer the product,  they don't even see what they are selling.  It's made in Mexico.  They don't stand by their product if you receive a piece of hot garbage, and expect you to pay for the shipping back to them that's equal to half the cost of it, even when they admit you received an inferior product.

Jun 27, 202310:46pm EDT

Message:You need help with: An item is different from what I expected

Your ideal resolution: return

Note for seller: Was excited about the hat, but honestly it's hot garbage. The material is horrible, the stitches are horrible. It looks like something my grandma would make me. Would love to send it back for a refund. Please advise.

[Image: icm_150x150.556672478_nwjtsi48udc4k40gws...?version=0]

Date:
Jun 28, 202312:02am EDT

[Image: iusa_75x75.87489072_7ojz.jpg?version=0]
Message:Gotcha - Sorry you're not happy with how it turned out. Surprising to say the least and I wonder if you just received a poorly constructed hat from the vendor. We just had a pop-up retail weekend and sold a ton of them and everyone could not have been happier with how they feel and look. I hate to hear that yours is "hot garbage." If you want a refund, return it to my partner at the address below. The shipping is on your dime. Once they receive it and it is still in the same condition as the picture, we will send you a refund. Advised.

Date:
Jun 28, 202312:05am EDT

230 Oakview Cir
Tallmadge, OH 44278

Date:
Jun 28, 202312:06am EDT

Date:
Jun 28, 20231:11am EDT

Date:
13 hours ago12:13pm EDT

Message:I just got your review. I did everything I could to make the situation right. You have no idea what your 1 star review did to our selling status here… I hope you feel better

Date:
11 hours ago1:17pm EDT

Message:Why should I have to pay to ship a shitty product back? It's obviously not what is pictured on your page. The material is garbage. The workmanship is hot garbage. If it's " my dime" I can write an honest review and that's what I did.

Date:
1 hour ago11:34pm EDT

Message:it’s literally displayed word for word in the return policy that you agree to when making the purchase. it’s in the description of every single listing. we are a small local family owned business that depends on vendors to make and ship our orders as they come in. i don’t get to see the final product. they are made to order. we don’t have the capability to hold inventory. whatever someone returns becomes mine once it’s returned and refunded directly from my pocket. i won’t get a refund from the company who made it. it’s as if i bought it myself. etsy makes the return policy…but you want to shit all over us and completely sabotage my seller status which takes away really important perks that we depend on because you feel so entitled to do something that you literally agreed to when you bought the shitty hat. i don’t care that you don’t like it. it’s not for everyone. you were expecting something different, fair enough. i felt like i was direct and polite and followed protocol to make it right… people are too good damn sensitive anymore and wanna cancel companies without giving them a chance to right the wrong. i appreciate the order… my family does too. but in my opinion what you did was a low blow. but who cares because it doesn’t hurt you… can’t say the same for us. thanks

Date:
1 hour ago11:41pm EDT

[Image: icm_150x150.568718505_2hw1rvdj6qck40cg8o...?version=0]

Date:
42 minutes ago12:02am EDT

Message:So I'm to blame for your vendors inferior product. Take some responsibility for your company instead of blaming the customer. You aknowledged that I probably received an inferior representation of what your product ( not really your product as you said, your vendors product) should have been. If my company name was on a product, I'd damn well be sure that the product was a good representation of my company. But your interaction with me shows you really have no clue about representing a company or standing by a product. To know, by the picture I sent, that the product was inferior to what you are advertising should have been enough. Instead I get a snarky response to send it back on my dime. You continue to do a disservice to your company by arguing with me like this is Twitter beef. Advice...learn from this, move on, control the quality of the product that displays the company name that you profess to care about.

Date:
32 minutes ago12:12am EDT

Message:you don’t get it… YOU AGREED TO THE RETURN POLICY… and now you wanna ***** about having to follow that policy that you agreed to when you bought the hat. you’re the only person who has purchased this hat who doesn’t like it. whatever… it doesn’t hurt my feelings karen! what bothers me is people like you who will not accept responsibility for what you agreed to. being the big sales manager you are, i would expect you to understand policy… but your ego tells me everything i need to know about how this is going to go. i will move on. you made you big power move and gave me 1 star. i’m happy you feel better. don’t buy from blindside ever again.

He does need to bear responsibility for having his name on a product. But you were a massive dick from the beginning. lol

I've certainly been that way many times before, but usually after giving someone at least one chance to fix it.  Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 03:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This reminds me of my daughter's idiot boyfriend. I walked in one day and he's screaming at the top of his lungs at the Verizon guy on the phone about his plan. When he was done and the call ended without him getting his way, I asked him at what point in time, did he ever think,  threatening or yelling was going to work in his favor? Of course, he got angry at me because he felt I was lecturing him. He was probably trying to show off in front of my daughter and instead looked like an idiot. Thank god she's no longer with that clown.

As I was reading through your post about your daughter's boyfriend I was like, major red flags, dudes got to go.  Then I read the last sentence.  Good thing he is now an ex.   :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 03:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This reminds me of my daughter's idiot boyfriend. I walked in one day and he's screaming at the top of his lungs at the Verizon guy on the phone about his plan. When he was done and the call ended without him getting his way, I asked him at what point in time, did he ever think,  threatening or yelling was going to work in his favor? Of course, he got angry at me because he felt I was lecturing him. He was probably trying to show off in front of my daughter and instead looked like an idiot. Thank god she's no longer with that clown.

Probably just a misunderstanding which could have been cleared up with one, simple question, “Do you know who I am?” Boom. Problem solved.

Better, yet, “Do you know who my girlfriend’s dad is?”
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 03:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He does need to bear responsibility for having his name on a product. But you were a massive dick from the beginning. lol

I've certainly been that way many times before, but usually after giving someone at least one chance to fix it.  Big Grin

True, but in my defense, the picture truly does not show justice to how big of a piece of crap it is.  His own description of "shitty hat" doesn't do it justice.  I would rather wear a terrible towel on my head. Then I start reading his reviews and noticed they are all friends of his and I knew I got scammed.  If I prevented one person from throwing their money away I feel like I prevented them from being Dave Shulaed. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 03:46 PM)rupethereitis Wrote: True, but in my defense, the picture truly does not show justice to how big of a piece of crap it is.  His own description of "shitty hat" doesn't do it justice.  I would rather wear a terrible towel on my head.

Whoa, easy there.  There is a world of difference between wearing a shitty looking hat and wearing actual shit on your head.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Best thing I've read in weeks.

Shut up and wear your shitty hat man. j/k. Those two hats didn't look anything close to each other.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 03:46 PM)rupethereitis Wrote: True, but in my defense, the picture truly does not show justice to how big of a piece of crap it is.  His own description of "shitty hat" doesn't do it justice.  I would rather wear a terrible towel on my head. Then I start reading his reviews and noticed they are all friends of his and I knew I got scammed.  If I prevented one person from throwing their money away I feel like I prevented them from being Dave Shulaed. 

The flippant comments in the vendor’s initial response didn’t help to de-escalate the situation, either.
Reply/Quote
The problem with the seller is he took it personally. I mean, yeah, the words "Hot Garbage" was not an ideal way to address the situation, but this is where you excel in your customer service and separate the men from the boys, by handling it professionally with the attitude the customer is right (even if he's not). Yet, He chose to get angry. Once he did that there was no positive outcome reachable,  and everything he would type from that point forward made him, his family, his product and his business appear untrustworthy. 

I'm sure the seller means well and wants to put out a good product that represents his business. But he's either badly inexperienced or has a bad temper or both.  Plus, it's obvious he's never tried the product he's selling. If he has, then his willingness to sell it anyway speaks volumes of his character. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reply/Quote
I agree with the customer. I don't really feel like he was being a d*ck, but I don't think it matters if he was right.

I'm kind of the guy known for dealing with issues for people. You can be stern but not be a d*ck. One thing that I ask myself, and sometimes the person I'm talking to is "Now, am I being unfair or unreasonable?"
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

I wonder how yelling at his girlfriend's dad was going to work out for him in the long run or even short run lol
Reply/Quote
The seller deserves his one-star review. The "excuse" that he never sees the item he is selling is absolute BS. He is the seller. He is responsible for quality control. The fact he's buying them from some vendor in Mexico and is acting as a middle-man to basically sell the item at an inflated price, then wants no responsibility to his customer is all you need to know. He is obviously scamming people and got mad when he was called on it.
Reply/Quote